watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix Magath interview BBC London

Started by Julius Geezer, August 21, 2014, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius Geezer

Manager Felix Magath is adamant Fulham can make an immediate Premier League return despite their early struggles.
However, the 60-year-old German admits the task of winning promotion from the Championship is bigger than he and club owner Shahid Khan had anticipated.
Fulham remain pointless following Wednesday's 1-0 home loss to Wolves.
"I'm convinced that we can manage it this season," Magath told BBC London 94.9. "He [Khan] knows that it might be more difficult than we thought."
Fulham's losing start to Championship life
Aug 9: 1-2 v Ipswich Town (A)
Aug 16: 0-1 v Millwall (H)
Aug 20: 0-1 Wolves (H)
Former Bayern Munich coach Magath continued. "It may last a little bit longer.
"I know that it is a very tough league - I've never said anything different."
Magath apologised for defeat against Wolves which was Fulham's third successive league loss to start the campaign.
However, he defended the make-up of his side after making five changes to the team that lost to London rivals Millwall on Saturday.
"We have a lot of new players, a lot of new young players, and have to give them a chance," said Magath of the side that included six players under the age of 21 against Wolves.
"I told them that I will give everybody a chance."
Magath acknowledged the disappointment at Craven Cottage, but asked for patience from supporters as he the club rebuilds in the second tier.
"Sure the fans are not satisfied with the situation, but we have to change things and Fulham is not just struggling at the moment, they have been struggling for the last couple of years. The fans know that," said Magath.
"If things are down for a long time you cannot change things in a few weeks. It needs time, I hope the fans will have more patience and will support us in the next games."

Lighthouse

Giving players a chance at the expense of better players and seeing confusion three games into the season isn't doing anybody any good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zander

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 21, 2014, 03:38:40 PM
Giving players a chance at the expense of better players and seeing confusion three games into the season isn't doing anybody any good.

Couldn't agree with you more. His approach to the first few games has been preseason like.

Nero

the man lies, say he will give everyone a chance but i dont think tunnicliffe and cole mitro, ruiz, etc will be given a chance, its not a school sports day "where we have to have every one take part the old its not about the winning its about enjoying yourselves" this is a professional sport if a players not up to it he needs to practice more to get better then the player in front of him if he knows i'll get a game anyway where the incentive to improve. Complete nonsense from the man.

Julius Geezer

He keeps talking about giving the youth players a chance in the team, that's fine.

Nobody thought he actually meant ALL the younger players!

Throwing kids in willy nilly doesn't mean we are building for the future!

He needs to rebuild relationships with some of the players he has discarded into the background and start getting the best out of them, making them feel positive about where the club is going.

Then we can combine a mix of the quality youngsters and the more experienced players.

filham

I think we have used almost 20 players (not quite sure) in this season's three matches, as well as different formations. How many more changes and goaless score lines before we decide on our best team?

Denver Fulham

If on August 20, Magath is saying the league is more difficult than he or Khan expected, Fulham has much larger problems than Magath simply sucking as a manager.

jelmo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 21, 2014, 04:07:42 PM
If on August 20, Magath is saying the league is more difficult than he or Khan expected, Fulham has much larger problems than Magath simply sucking as a manager.

Yep, us fans could have told him how difficult it was going to be. A bit scary that he didn't realise. Tired of his interviews/open letters.

dgnffc

He also stated in the past that he was happy as he had Peter Grant with him who knew all about the Championship. Sorry but I just cannot trust anything this man says anymore.

supersimmo123

Agree completely, how can you say publicly you under estimated how tough the league would be. Im sorry but that alone puts doubt in everyones mind. You dont succeed in this division without an experienced manager at the helm. My examples are below:

- Southampton - Nigel Atkins - managed in the champ previously with Scunthorpe
- Leicester - Nigel Pearson - Managed in the champ with Southampton prior to Leicester
- Hull - Steve Bruce - Massive experience with Sunderland

OdecaMynoT

He's living in a dream world.

He was convinced we would escape relegation last season.

Canute couldn't hold back the tide. Magath will be no different.

He needs to go quickly before the club drowns in his bulls-hit.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

alfie

So you want him to come out and say that

We have no chance
The players are not Good enough
I have no idea what i am doing
I know less than the supporters about football
I can't play certain players because the club want to sell them
My mistake i never learnt my coaching from Football manager.
We only have 40 odd games left, cannot get it sorted in so few games.
All i got from FOF forum was get rid of the old players and play the youth

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Quote from: alfie on August 21, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

We have no chance

Sorry was that meant to be a) witty b) sarcastic c) defense of the indefensible? Failed on all counts.

The Rock

So sad and so true. The blind leading the blind, which we all knew but just watching a train wreck really.

Holders

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on August 21, 2014, 04:21:48 PM
He's living in a dream world.

He was convinced we would escape relegation last season.

Canute couldn't hold back the tide. Magath will be no different.

He needs to go quickly before the club drowns in his bulls-hit.

Knut tried to hold the tide back to demonstrate to his followers that he couldn't do it and that he was not invincible, as they seemed to think. This is different entirely, I'm sorry to say.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

Quote from: Twig on August 21, 2014, 05:06:24 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 21, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

We have no chance

Sorry was that meant to be a) witty b) sarcastic c) defense of the indefensible? Failed on all counts.

you have your opinion good for you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Magath has completely underestimated the Championship, and English Football in general, he is out of his depth, and has no knowledge of the English Leagues. That was obvious months ago. Bring in a proven. English Manager who knows our Leagues, and has the credentials and experience and man management qualities Felix Magath clearly lacks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Yamus

If he does not know who his best team is,perhaps he should ask Tony Pulis.

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 21, 2014, 07:31:22 PM
Magath has completely underestimated the Championship, and English Football in general, he is out of his depth, and has no knowledge of the English Leagues. That was obvious months ago. Bring in a proven. English Manager who knows our Leagues, and has the credentials and experience and man management qualities Felix Magath clearly lacks.

Thank goodness you have ruled out Pulis & Mackay as neither are English.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

He says now that he underestimated how good difficult the league is yet he said not so long ago that he fully understood. It should not come as a revelation to someone who has had since May to study it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria