watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If..and this is a Big IF

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 23, 2014, 03:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

If we win 3-0 tomorrow away to Derby, just out classing them off the field - what will everyone say about Magath then? I know it's doubtful, but not impossible, it's football. Will it be a fluke? A lucky strike? A masterstroke by a man who has found the niche with this team?

COYW. Still happy to watch my boys play tomorrow, regardless of how we are doing thus far.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

..FOF..

Throughout football history, most fans are schizophrenic :)

Logicalman

Quote from: maoconnor on August 23, 2014, 03:13:48 AM
If we win 3-0 tomorrow away to Derby, just out classing them off the field - what will everyone say about Magath then? I know it's doubtful, but not impossible, it's football. Will it be a fluke? A lucky strike? A masterstroke by a man who has found the niche with this team?

COYW. Still happy to watch my boys play tomorrow, regardless of how we are doing thus far.

It won't matter a bit, those that want him out will still want him out and those want in to stay will still want him to stay, and the rest will give no more of a monkeys than they do now!! Just a fact of life I guess.  :016:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Logicalman on August 23, 2014, 03:30:32 AM

It won't matter a bit, those that want him out will still want him out and those want in to stay will still want him to stay, and the rest will give no more of a monkeys than they do now!! Just a fact of life I guess.  :016:

You have proven your namesake to be true - a logical conclusion.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

TrexFFC

3-0.  That would be some sort of divine intervention.

Deanothefulhamfan

FM will need to do a heck of a lot more than produce a winning display at Derby for me to trust him to take us forward, that being said it would be extremely refreshing to be positive about our manager, and It would be a clear step in the right direction.

So whilst I would still have my doubts, I would not voice them, and would be encouraged to believe that maybe just maybe FM is going to make many of us eat our words.....

Now back to reality..... I  think we will lose 4-0 and FM will be out in the morning. Sorry

premFlem

The burning of Felix effigies will be cancelled and pitchforks returned to their cupboards.  :dft011:
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Berserker

I'd rather talk about breakfast or marmite.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Enclosurite

Would reserve judgement until the game AFTER to see how much he tinkers with a winning formula.

¡COYW!

Berserker

Yes I agree Cardiff is the measure. Derby away would difgicult for any team
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

I dont think anyone on here can defend him if we lose to derby and cardiff. Regardless of the brentford result, even if we beat them I still think he should go after cardiff if we still have 0. if he wins I will be delighted but I was delighted when we beat palace 4-1 away and all that did was buy more time for a man who was in the job far too long. I fear the sames gonna happen with felix. I hope we win but I hope even more that if we win it doesnt just paper over the cracks and the next 3 games we go back to our last few games.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

One Martin Thomas

Last season, Magath came in to keep us up and do it anyway possible...  I forgave the ugliness of it all.  This season is Magath's chance to inflict his style on the team in an easier environment.  The style to me is not there.  The team lacks leadership and a playing style.  Lots of passing but no movement off the ball.  Underestimating the quality of the Championship is no excuse.  Playing the kids has a good feel about it (there's not a fan in the land that does not want to see their club produce good young kids) but Magath's style does not match that the kids are taught at Fulham.  It is all still too ugly.

Team selections have been questionable from the moment Magath joined.  I will never understand the the apparent treatment of Tunnicliffe.  He has an attitude, but he showed promise (IMO) under Rene.

A 3 - 0 win would be fantastic.  I agree with some comments that away to Derby would be a struggle for most Premiership clubs outside the top6.  Win or lose, I'll be there !

My conclusions so far on Magath: he took us down with some questionable tactics (team selections), he has failed to get the team to play with any style, he does not know what his best team is, he got rid of two reasonable goalkeepers and left us with kids, he continues with questionable tactics (team selections) and the remaining big players are nowhere near the first team.  

I am sorry guys, I have nothing positive to say about Magath yet.  It kills me to say so....

Lighthouse

His team selection is the thing fans can see and can see that it caused damage to the performance against Wolves. Before that he was supported by many of us. Still many believe rightly that Felix will be here until at least Christmas. So we have to wait and see what happens. But we all want the same thing. However Felix does have the habit of living up to his negative reputation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2014, 10:42:14 AM
His team selection is the thing fans can see and can see that it caused damage to the performance against Wolves. Before that he was supported by many of us. Still many believe rightly that Felix will be here until at least Christmas. So we have to wait and see what happens. But we all want the same thing. However Felix does have the habit of living up to his negative reputation.

....do the comments after the first two matches and the subsequent changes against Wolves prove that Magath no longer believes what he is saying ?  Is he in control of the situation we are in ?  Forums, cheering, singing, boo-ing.... not a lot we can do about it !

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Berserker on August 23, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

Marmite and cheese panini in Starbucks on the M6 for me !  Lovely.

epsomraver

that can only come from someone who has no real interest in the team and it's progress fp.gif

Bookie

October 2013 v Palace was the last time we even scored three..since Berbs left we have never scored three goals in a competitive match..
Play the Frog and he will score

nose

if we win 3 0 i will have a think about things and the nature of the display. i recal losing 3 0 at charlton away when macdonald was the manager and we were the only team in that game, charlton were pants and the result a freak....
a single win will not change all the errors. however if we played really well and it is the fiorst win of a good run with a settled side then it i will concede i was in error about felix but after 50+ years of watching and still playing football all my receptors are up and saying Felix is the wrong man in the same way i knew jol was wrong and bobby campbell was wrong and ian branfoot was wrong.....  

if we win 3 0 today, and that is a mega leap of faith that we will even score today bearing in mind we rarely have a shot, i hope we don't get a shed load of appologists for felix saying give him a bit more time....  felix = league one IMO, and it will be the same as all those years ago straight through....

ron

Quote from: Berserker on August 23, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

Careful with the marmite discussion...that'll turn us into 2 armed camps intent on murdering each other !

.......go on then, I'll start...I hate the horrible concoction .....