watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Brede update

Started by SP, August 24, 2014, 11:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Having seen Brede lose Carlton Cole for WHU's third goal yesterday I thought I'd check what the Eagles fans think.  Still early days but sounds familiar.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=147577

shnlwswlkr

He's been responsible for 2 goals in 2 games now. Lol.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

the nutflush

He's over the hill.  We got the best out of him and Palace will probably be sorry they picked him up.  

Andy S

Hangeland was never fast but Hughes was. Hangeland worked well in the air and Hughes did the ground work. It worked well until age caught up with both players

grandad

I think the Palace MB is saying what we have for the last 2 seasons. Sad end to a once giant for us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Logicalman

Watching him play in the past 2 games shows reason enough why we let him go. He wanders the pitch, his passing is poor (hoofing it or back pass to keeper), cannot jump to save his life in defense, turns his back on everyone threatening to shoot, too reminiscent of his last season at the Cottage.

Unfortunate end to a great career, then again, his press following his departure from Fulham should have indicated his own belief in his abilities.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Finnegans Wake

I dont think he`s ever fully recovered from his back problem.

jags24

Hangeland was an absolute warrior for us and one of our best players.  We would have been relegated years ago if it weren't for him.  It will take him some time to get back in the swing of things, and he is old now, but he'll always have my support.  Take it from me, back problems are no fun!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Hangeland should always be a hero for us as a crucial part of the backbone of our most success team ever.

When he was at his best he used to dominate the penalty box in the air, going for the ball rather than worrying about what the man he was marking would do. Now he doesn't go for the ball, hardly gets of the ground and is left ball watching while the man he is marking slips by him. I am sure the back issues must have something to do with it and now after this lengthy poor period from the Sunderland red card sadly it must be doubtful that he can recover anything like the form he used to have.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: the nutflush on August 24, 2014, 11:45:56 AM
He's over the hill.  We got the best out of him and Palace will probably be sorry they picked him up. 

I deffo agree we got the best out of him.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

millsy

Funny enough, met Brede only this morning and although I've never met him before we chatted about everything a Fulham for about 40 mins (my wife says it was longer).

He is genuinely gutted at what is happening to our club. He loves Fulham and readily says he has enjoyed his best football experiences with us. He knows what we all know, that the decline started 2/3 years ago, with low investment and he can't believe how quickly, since the Europa final, things have fallen to their current state.

We talked about Danny's departure and he cited the fact that Jol told Danny he was too old and they were all then shocked to see him effectively replaced by Kara, who was older still! Also bemoaned the easy loss of men he felt he could rely on, quoting Gera, Simon Davies, Clint, BZ and, of course, his partner Aaron, none of whom were adequately replaced.

To put the record straight on his injury problems, the culprit was not the back injury but was and is, his right shin, which took a hard knock in a European game and blood built up around the injury, causing various problems. As the scar tissue formed around the injury, he found his foot did not operate fully and he couldn't jump properly. He agrees this became most evident around the time of the Palace away match, when we could all see that he couldn't get off the ground to challenge for their goal. An operation followed that December and it's been a long way back to fitness. He admits still not back to his best but hopes for a good year at Palace and will assess things then.

Likes the Palace guys but anxious that they find a good manager quickly, as this is critical to a club like them.

He said a lot about his departure from FFC and his views on Felix and Ali Mack but it wouldn't be fair for me to repeat these publicly. Needless to say, he was unhappy and very sad to leave on bad terms but he loves Fulham and believes this is just a low ebb in our fortunes. He said that Fulham will always be his club. He knows that the club and the fans are the only constant and once we come through this bad chapter, all will be well again and he hopes to visit frequently.

All in all, a very impressive and genuine guy, who could easily have spoken with bitterness about all that has happened and gloated that he escaped but he didn't. He even says that he thinks about it a lot and wonders if he and other senior players could have done more to prevent the imminent car crash. I told him that he was still held in the highest regard by true Fulham supporters and we recognise that he was an integral part of the most successful period this club has ever enjoyed. A model professional, in my view and deserves not to be slated in these pages.

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: millsy on August 24, 2014, 04:51:35 PM
Funny enough, met Brede only this morning and although I've never met him before we chatted about everything a Fulham for about 40 mins (my wife says it was longer).

He is genuinely gutted at what is happening to our club. He loves Fulham and readily says he has enjoyed his best football experiences with us. He knows what we all know, that the decline started 2/3 years ago, with low investment and he can't believe how quickly, since the Europa final, things have fallen to their current state.

We talked about Danny's departure and he cited the fact that Jol told Danny he was too old and they were all then shocked to see him effectively replaced by Kara, who was older still! Also bemoaned the easy loss of men he felt he could rely on, quoting Gera, Simon Davies, Clint, BZ and, of course, his partner Aaron, none of whom were adequately replaced.

To put the record straight on his injury problems, the culprit was not the back injury but was and is, his right shin, which took a hard knock in a European game and blood built up around the injury, causing various problems. As the scar tissue formed around the injury, he found his foot did not operate fully and he couldn't jump properly. He agrees this became most evident around the time of the Palace away match, when we could all see that he couldn't get off the ground to challenge for their goal. An operation followed that December and it's been a long way back to fitness. He admits still not back to his best but hopes for a good year at Palace and will assess things then.

Likes the Palace guys but anxious that they find a good manager quickly, as this is critical to a club like them.

He said a lot about his departure from FFC and his views on Felix and Ali Mack but it wouldn't be fair for me to repeat these publicly. Needless to say, he was unhappy and very sad to leave on bad terms but he loves Fulham and believes this is just a low ebb in our fortunes. He said that Fulham will always be his club. He knows that the club and the fans are the only constant and once we come through this bad chapter, all will be well again and he hopes to visit frequently.

All in all, a very impressive and genuine guy, who could easily have spoken with bitterness about all that has happened and gloated that he escaped but he didn't. He even says that he thinks about it a lot and wonders if he and other senior players could have done more to prevent the imminent car crash. I told him that he was still held in the highest regard by true Fulham supporters and we recognise that he was an integral part of the most successful period this club has ever enjoyed. A model professional, in my view and deserves not to be slated in these pages.

Interesting.

Why cant you say what happened concerning his departure? Surely if he`s told you he`d want the rest of the fans to know what actually happened?

millsy

When I bump into him again, which is likely, I'll ask if its ok to share his thoughts on Felix and Ali but until then, they are personal and it would be wrong of me to repeat them on a public forum.

I can say though, that I've been an advocate of giving the new regime more time but have now signed the petition to effect an urgent change at the helm.

Sorry, not trying to be clever or secretive but I just don't think its right to share his thoughts on third parties without his agreement.. After all, he can go public himself, should he choose to.

Interestingly, I asked if he ever looked at this forum. He laughed and said that he had occasionally in the past. I said that I hoped he hadn't visited too often at back end of last season but he might find it very interesting reading right now, as the pages are alight with fear, concern and calls for action. Just shows, players, managers and execs are aware of such media and must keep tabs on something as valuable as this method of direct consumer feedback. Hope Mr. Khan's men are keeping close watch!

Logicalman

Quote from: millsy on August 24, 2014, 06:00:10 PM
When I bump into him again, which is likely, I'll ask if its ok to share his thoughts on Felix and Ali but until then, they are personal and it would be wrong of me to repeat them on a public forum.

I can say though, that I've been an advocate of giving the new regime more time but have now signed the petition to effect an urgent change at the helm.

Sorry, not trying to be clever or secretive but I just don't think its right to share his thoughts on third parties without his agreement.. After all, he can go public himself, should he choose to.

Interestingly, I asked if he ever looked at this forum. He laughed and said that he had occasionally in the past. I said that I hoped he hadn't visited too often at back end of last season but he might find it very interesting reading right now, as the pages are alight with fear, concern and calls for action. Just shows, players, managers and execs are aware of such media and must keep tabs on something as valuable as this method of direct consumer feedback. Hope Mr. Khan's men are keeping close watch!

They do.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Julius Geezer

I knew they were mad to sign him - he's lost at that level now.

Shame he refused a pay cut and left us on such a bad note - he could of done a job for us this year.

epsomraver

Quote from: Andy S on August 24, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
Hangeland was never fast but Hughes was. Hangeland worked well in the air and Hughes did the ground work. It worked well until age caught up with both players

:plus one:

Pluto

Top player and model pro. He's a true legend of the premier league era and I will always applaud him when he returns to the cottage. I suspect that when this mess is over, in a few years team we will see him involved with the club in some capacity in the same way Sean Davis and Luis Boa Morte are.

Tonywa

On whatever terms Brede left he was one of the finest players our club has had in recent years and while he was playing was totally devoted to the cause.  One can only thank him for doing so much for Fulham.

Whitesideup

Quote from: jags24 on August 24, 2014, 02:33:21 PM
Hangeland was an absolute warrior for us and one of our best players.  We would have been relegated years ago if it weren't for him.  It will take him some time to get back in the swing of things, and he is old now, but he'll always have my support.  Take it from me, back problems are no fun!
+1

bobbo

well said millsy he was our rock lets not forget it
1975 just leaving home full of hope