watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (25/08/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 24, 2014, 04:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ex-Fulham and Manchester United star: One-way ticket to relegation for my favourite London team

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar laments Fulham's disappointing start to the 2014-15 Championship season.

Fulham were expected to be top contenders to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking, but the Cottagers are showing no signs of achieving promotion anytime soon.

Felix Magath's side have lost all four of their Championship matches so far and are firmly rooted to the foot of the table.

The London club's latest defeat came on Saturday when they were hammered 5-1 by Derby County at Pride Park.

Winning against Steve McClaren's side - beaten playoff finalists last season – was never going to be easy, but losing by such a comprehensive margin came as a shock to many.

One of the former Fulham players who is struggling to comprehend the current problems at the club is Edwin van der Sar, who played for the Cottagers for four years between 2001 and 2005.

The former Netherlands international goalkeeper, who is considered a Manchester United legend for his performances at the Red Devils between 2005 and 2011, took to social networking site Twitter to have his say on the matter.

Four successive defeats do indicate that there are problems at Fulham, and Magath needs to sort them as soon as possible.

The German manager has put his faith in young players this term, but that has not paid dividends yet. Doubts remain on his management style with concerns that he works his players too hard in training sessions.

Next up for Fulham is a League Cup clash against fellow Championship side Brentford on Tuesday. One suspects that losing that game could cost Magath his job at Craven Cottage.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/24/ex-manchester-united-star-one-way-ticket-to-relegation-for-my-fa/?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Felix Magath admits he faces the sack if results don't pick up after Derby
FULHAM boss Felix Magath admits his job will be on the line if his side don't start winning soon.

Despite seeing his side thrashed by Derby, he claimed he is still the man to guide them back to the Premier League.

But it has been a disastrous start to the season, with four defeats in a row and it got worse as the Rams smashed five.

Magath admitted the scale of the defeat was unacceptable.

He said: "I am certain I can do this job. But circumstances can change in football and it is results that will change them for a manager.

"Derby are one of the best teams in this division and should be in the Premier League.

"It is OK to lose to such a team – but not in this manner."

Fulham were briefly on terms through Scott Parker after Jamie Ward had opened the scoring in the first half.

But goals from Craig Bryson, Simon Dawkins and a Chris Martin brace saw the home side run away with it.

Ward, who signed a new two-year deal last week, made it three goals in a week after notching twice in the midweek loss to Charlton.

The 28-year-old says a pep talk from boss Steve McClaren helped him rediscover his scoring touch after a previously blank 2014.

He said: "We have been creating chances but not taking them.

"On Tuesday the manager had a chat with me and said,'I need you to start scoring goals for me'.

"Now I've scored three in two games – he only had to ask."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/396116/Fulham-boss-Felix-Magath-admits-he-faces-the-sack-if-results-don-t-pick-up-after-Derby