watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It is now a test of Khan

Started by Nick Bateman, August 25, 2014, 12:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Everyone in the football universe and his dog agrees Felix Magath is inept and must be sacked, yet there is nothing apparently happening as far as we know.

We excuse our new chairman for inexperience yet he is a multi-billionaire and Americans have a ruthless reputation in business.  He can see Fulham's dollar-worth going down by the appointment of Magath and the tactics or lack of ruining the side he has assembled.

He has listened to the advice of his CEO Alistair Mackintosh (this dopey-looking chap ) and while we all agree Ali Mack his giving poor advice, KHAN is listening to it.

Call me overly suspicious but does Khan have another agenda for Fulham which has not been disclosed?  He has announced a new stand taking Fulham's capacity to 30,000, a gate not required in the lower leagues, so to build the new stand now seems pointless.

Not fulfilling this improvement would save Khan tens of millions of $ while he milks the parachute payment over the next 3 seasons.

Are Khan's plans even more sinister; does he have a Marler Estates David Bulstrode vision of redeveloping the cottage into luxury riverside flats and we ground-share with QPR??

Over the course of the next few days we will see how this shrewd American businessman acts, whether he takes on board all the protests of the genuine supporters and deals with this crisis accordingly.  The ball is in his court now and one hopes we do not see the Khan Captain Kirk so distrusted!

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

jags24

Well, if he tears down the Cottage then that will be the end of my days as a Fulham fan.  It should for everyone else, too.  I am one loyal cat, but I still have my self-respect.  The Cottage is a beautiful stadium and should be treated with respect.  I even don't like the idea of tainting it with huge instant replay scoreboards.

I don't know who else I'd root for in that scenario, but the message is simple - if the Cottage goes, then I'm out.  See ya later.  Sayonara.  It wouldn't be the same club without the Cottage.

blingo

Quote from: jags24 on August 25, 2014, 01:03:57 PM
Well, if he tears down the Cottage then that will be the end of my days as a Fulham fan.  It should for everyone else, too.  I am one loyal cat, but I still have my self-respect.  The Cottage is a beautiful stadium and should be treated with respect.  I even don't like the idea of tainting it with huge instant replay scoreboards.

I don't know who else I'd root for in that scenario, but the message is simple - if the Cottage goes, then I'm out.  See ya later.  Sayonara.  It wouldn't be the same club without the Cottage.

+1

littlepowell

K33NY

Like someone else mentioned in another post the other day, imagine how they would react if the supporters protested and the stadium at next home match would be basically empty, THAT sends a message

Reznor

It's only my opinion but I feel we will struggle as long as Khan owns us.

K33NY

Quote from: Reznor on August 25, 2014, 03:05:40 PM
It's only my opinion but I feel we will struggle as long as Khan owns us.

he certainly need to prove himself sonner than later

The Rock

I mentoined in another thread Khan is becomming our Venky ltd. Would love to see a protest where no one goes to a match - will never happen.

Fletchino

Good post I think khan needs to take some of the responsibility of this huge mess we find ourselves in. The first action he should take is to fire the idiot in charge of the first time and possibly fire the idiot who employed him. Or just get the hell out of here cut his loses and sell at half price to MAF

epsomraver

Quote from: Fletchino on August 25, 2014, 03:45:23 PM
Good post I think khan needs to take some of the responsibility of this huge mess we find ourselves in. The first action he should take is to fire the idiot in charge of the first time and possibly fire the idiot who employed him. Or just get the hell out of here cut his loses and sell at half price to MAF
what?

Fletchino

Quote from: epsomraver on August 25, 2014, 03:48:37 PM
what?
what?
what?

?

love4ffc

I don't get the hate and discontent towards Khan. 

I wasn't around when MAF took over so someone tell me, was it clear sailing right from the start?  From what I have read it wasn't.  So the question is, was MAF just a businessman looking to own a club for his ego, or was he a football savvy owner who got in to the day to day running of the club and the team?  I doubt he was the latter but either way from what I have read his beginning at FFC was a bit shaky.  If I'm not mistaken it took MAF 4 years to get the team back into the prem and not the overnight miracle that everyone is calling on Khan to perform. 

While in JAX I meet several JAG fans with whom I had the pleasure of talking with.  They all seemed to agree that when Khan first took over the JAGS that things were terrible.  Now the JAGS are doing pretty well from what I am told and that Khan has become one of the most loved owners in the NFL.  I still think Khan can do the same thing for our club. 

I could be wrong but I just can't see Khan buying an English Football team just so he can redevelop the land on which its stadium sits.  The man is a billionaire.  He makes his money off of developing car parts not buying stadiums and putting expensive flats on them. 

If you stop and think about it I am sure you would agree there is a bit of a learning curve that every owner has to go through.  I'm sure MAF had to go through a learning curve before he struck on the right formula that took FFC to the prem. 

My point is this, Khan has done nothing so far to make me say "Here is the door sir.  Please don't let it hit you in the arse on your way out"! 

I STILL BELIEVE AND I STILL BELIEVE IN KHAN - after all he got rid of the MJ statue

Now the rants about how stupid I am can begin  :048:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

:plus one:
Quote from: love4ffc on August 25, 2014, 06:39:58 PM
I don't get the hate and discontent towards Khan.  

I wasn't around when MAF took over so someone tell me, was it clear sailing right from the start?  From what I have read it wasn't.  So the question is, was MAF just a businessman looking to own a club for his ego, or was he a football savvy owner who got in to the day to day running of the club and the team?  I doubt he was the latter but either way from what I have read his beginning at FFC was a bit shaky.  If I'm not mistaken it took MAF 4 years to get the team back into the prem and not the overnight miracle that everyone is calling on Khan to perform.  

While in JAX I meet several JAG fans with whom I had the pleasure of talking with.  They all seemed to agree that when Khan first took over the JAGS that things were terrible.  Now the JAGS are doing pretty well from what I am told and that Khan has become one of the most loved owners in the NFL.  I still think Khan can do the same thing for our club.  

I could be wrong but I just can't see Khan buying an English Football team just so he can redevelop the land on which its stadium sits.  The man is a billionaire.  He makes his money off of developing car parts not buying stadiums and putting expensive flats on them.  

If you stop and think about it I am sure you would agree there is a bit of a learning curve that every owner has to go through.  I'm sure MAF had to go through a learning curve before he struck on the right formula that took FFC to the prem.  

My point is this, Khan has done nothing so far to make me say "Here is the door sir.  Please don't let it hit you in the arse on your way out"!  

I STILL BELIEVE AND I STILL BELIEVE IN KHAN - after all he got rid of the MJ statue

Now the rants about how stupid I am can begin  

:plus one:

Baszab

I don't agree with your comments about AF -- there was clear intent and plan right from the start - remember the "Man Utd of the South" comment ? -  there was the employment of Kevin Keegan - a master stroke - and there was the assembly of a really exciting experienced and BALANCED squad - our rise was meteoric AND AF was actively involved at all times with the management of the club and he had a proper relationship with players and staff  -- we ain't got nothing with this bloke - nothing at all -- not even any outright investment - all he's done is oversee poor management - now it's cut everything to the bone and trouser the parachute money

love4ffc

To each his own opinion.  It still took AF 4 years to get in the prem. Not an overnight quick turn around.  I find it hard to believe in those 4 years getting back to the prem AF didn't stumble a few times. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

You might say that it was easier for MAF to come in and transform Fulham in the state they were in, than for Kahn coming in with Fulham in the Prem, after a period when MAF was losing interest in the club, and there had not been the investment in the  playing staff urgently needed.

Did Kahn know what he was letting himself in for? Well, I don't  think he thought we would be immediately relegated. But what has done wrong ?- he has provided money for big name signings, for a start,sacked Jol and appointed Rene then Felix , which would have cost money, presumably on the advice of others.

The thing is none of us really know anything about all the backstage workings of the club -only that it all seems a big mess.

But who is to blame?

I don't think there is reason to believe conspiracy theories though -Fulham is surely worth a lot more as a football club in the heart of London, than as real estate.

You could say we are lucky to have a millionaire like Khan as new owner -and this should give us the security to survive this period of misfortune, and bounce back, rather than plummeting like the last time we dropped out of the top flight.

I don't think it is fair to blame him for our current predicament.

Logicalman

Quote from: RaySmith on August 25, 2014, 07:44:01 PM
You might say that it was easier for MAF to come in and transform Fulham in the state they were in, than for Kahn coming in with Fulham in the Prem, after a period when MAF was losing interest in the club, and there had not been the investment in the  playing staff urgently needed.

Did Kahn know what he was letting himself in for? Well, I don't  think he thought we would be immediately relegated. But what has done wrong ?- he has provided money for big name signings, for a start,sacked Jol and appointed Rene then Felix , which would have cost money, presumably on the advice of others.

The thing is none of us really know anything about all the backstage workings of the club -only that it all seems a big mess.

But who is to blame?

I don't think there is reason to believe conspiracy theories though -Fulham is surely worth a lot more as a football club in the heart of London, than as real estate.

You could say we are lucky to have a millionaire like Khan as new owner -and this should give us the security to survive this period of misfortune, and bounce back, rather than plummeting like the last time we dropped out of the top flight.

I don't think it is fair to blame him for our current predicament.

Good reasoning, good post.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Baszab on August 25, 2014, 07:04:58 PM
I don't agree with your comments about AF -- there was clear intent and plan right from the start - remember the "Man Utd of the South" comment ? -  there was the employment of Kevin Keegan - a master stroke - and there was the assembly of a really exciting experienced and BALANCED squad - our rise was meteoric AND AF was actively involved at all times with the management of the club and he had a proper relationship with players and staff  -- we ain't got nothing with this bloke - nothing at all -- not even any outright investment - all he's done is oversee poor management - now it's cut everything to the bone and trouser the parachute money

You did manage to forget the last couple of years though, with little to no investment in the squad, leading to an ageing and, finally, unsustainable Prem club, devoid of the new blood required to survive. We never were the Man Utd of the South, were we? Plans are one thing, but don't mix that up with rhetoric. MaF was a great guy for the club, one of the best, and Khan could be the same for us, given the same chances.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

We were in the prem! All Kahn had to do was provide a little investment last summer and we'd still be there.

Logicalman

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on August 25, 2014, 07:55:07 PM
We were in the prem! All Kahn had to do was provide a little investment last summer and we'd still be there.

.. with Jol still in charge, you're having a bubble aren't you? Who do you think were the architects of this mess? Not just a lack of money, but what was provided was wasted on aged players, and then Jol gets sacked, rene takes over and he gets the push as well.

If you believe throwing money at the problem will solve all issues, there are a number of clubs that might disagree with you.