watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby are a bit narrow minded

Started by SouthWest6, August 25, 2014, 01:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Been looking at a few of their forums, no mention as to how utterly poor we were, or how easily we gave up the 4th and 5th goals. Quotes of "Normal service resumed" , "Great performance, hopefully more to come" , "Ward and Christie excellent", "Hughes outstanding".

I'm sorry to muscle in on their feel good Bank Holiday, but I don't think they're anything special, and they won't meet a poorer side than us this season.   

HatterDon

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 25, 2014, 01:08:26 PM
Been looking at a few of their forums, no mention as to how utterly poor we were, or how easily we gave up the 4th and 5th goals. Quotes of "Normal service resumed" , "Great performance, hopefully more to come" , "Ward and Christie excellent", "Hughes outstanding".

I'm sorry to muscle in on their feel good Bank Holiday, but I don't think they're anything special, and they won't meet a poorer side than us this season.    

They were the best footballing side in the Champiionship last season until injuries dropped them into the playoffs. There were at least a half-dozen Premier League sides last season that couldn't hold a candle to them -- including us.

They played very well Saturday and would have beaten us no matter how well we played. Barring another injury catastrophe, they're going up this season. Nothing special? They are the essence of special
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

H4usuallysitting

To be honest if Will Hughes had come on earlier we would of been looking at 8 - 1.....I think he was carrying a niggle, so didn't come on till late in the game......Hughes is the sort of player we should of been wooing in the Summer, regrettably our manager was commentating in Brazil

JDH101

They were outstanding. They played some fantastic football. I'm sorry to say it, but I would actually have to accuse the OP of being narrow minded and not the derby fans. Well done to them.

Pluto

I thought they looked fantastic. So well organised and obvious game plan going forward. If Hughes and Dawkins had started the game it could easily have been double figures.

alfie

and who is there manager a certain Steve Maclaren who up to a short while ago was considered not to have a clue.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ScalleysDad

We were poor against Derby but good luck to them. SM was always a good coach and seems to have his perfect fit at Derby. Players to rely on and players to work with and a good fan base and some money available just in case. Whats not to like about that and oh how far away are we from being on that level even though we have most of the ingredients.
Millwall and Wolves fans were chanting "Premiership. You're having a laugh" whilst their teams toyed with us and it was very hard not to turn round and take them to task. The only thing on the pitch relating to the chant was Parker and the badge.
We are going to get this all season long and were always going to be the big time charlies coming to town. That was going to be a big enough carrot to the opposition but now we have the whipping boys tag, we have spent more money on one player than many teams have cost to assemble, we are in turmoil from the toilet attendant up and we have twenty odd million pounds in player investments sitting things out. Cardiff fans might come up with something a bit different but what a good time to be playing us.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2014, 06:18:45 PM
and who is there manager a certain Steve Maclaren who up to a short while ago was considered not to have a clue.

To be fair, that was based on him using an umbrella outside when it was raining.  What sort of fool does such a thing?!?!

Luka

Are you seriously suggesting that FM will turn this around and emulate Maclaren ?

Neil D

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 25, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

To be fair, that was based on him using an umbrella outside when it was raining.  What sort of fool does such a thing?!?!
I don't think Felix has to worry too much about getting his bouffant-style hair wet...