Right Midfield
1 (1.9%)
Center Midfield
42 (77.8%)
Forward
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

valdeingruo

Pick two, I have a sneaking suspicion center midfielder will run away with it.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Pluto

Goalkeeper only please. We've got more than enough players just sitting around and doing nothing already - squad size is ridiculous!

Craven Mad

Goalkeeper is the only one we 100% need. Selling Stockdale (whether you think he's great or not), without replacing him, was a joke.

Looking at our recent lineups, the other positions in need (in my opinion) are LCB, CDM, CAM, LM - but those could easily be adequately filled by benchers (Burn, Hyndman, David, Eisfeld), or Magath-rejects (Amore, Tunni, Ruiz, Kaca).. CB could also be filled by the new guy (Casasola).

We have a squad that is more than capable of competing at this level, but Magath insists on not using the best players.

Northern Cottager

I'm not even sure we do need a central midfielder or a centre back, they are our problem areas but we have ample ability sat in the stands week in- week out.

..FOF..

Agree... a strong commanding goalkeeper. A beast that will roar out instructions (may be mistaken as a pr*ck but that is what a keeper should do to compensate for the lack of running).

Also a creative central midfielder if we have the money to splash.

Syd Cupp

A Goalkeeper is a must preferably an experinced one that can communicate well and organise the defense BUT NOT Kiraly. (Anders Lindegaard, Artur Boruc or Brad Friedel)

A Big Physical Defensive Midfielder same sort of build as Pape Diop as most teams in this league tend to have a big lump in there squad.

Aaron

I picked Exorcist and Witchfinder General.

greek_coyw

from the games I have seen, we need a proper creative midfielder, but normally they cost a lot and they are hard to find

Nero

its a toughy depending what we do with certain players, I think centre mid and a forward depending on what they do with mitrogul. Keeper yes the lad is inexperienced but put our strongest back four in there to protect him I think he would cope. Even Stockdale loves must admait we probably wouldnt have anymore points with him in goal

Ordar

I'm going for CEO and manager....

Craven Mad

Quote from: Nero on August 26, 2014, 04:38:19 PM
Even Stockdale lovers must admit we probably wouldnt have any more points with him in goal

I wouldn't class myself as a "Stockdale lover" but I do think he would've helped organise our inexperienced back four and made us more solid at the back; so, yes, with Stockdale's experience and knowledge of the Championship I do think we could have had more points if we still had him.

Derby (and maybe Wolves) excluded, we've been largely on top during games, but let down by brief moments of defensive frailty. We're still toothless in attack (and need to find a way to link the midfield and attackers), but we may have held a few more nil-nils, had a stronger keeper kept our defence focused. Just an opinion though.

grandad

Why isn´t CEO on the list. The current one has overseen our demise over the last 3 years. In any other business he would have been sacked already. What hold has he on the club? Why is he untouchable?
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

valdeingruo

This was a purely on pitch poll. We all know the mess behind the scenes, I just wanted to help figure out the missing piece for our on field troubles......
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

aaronmcguigan

we should put in a 2m bid for Stockdale

psand22

I think we could use an enforcer in the midfield.