https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff fan in peace

Started by bluebirds_forum, August 26, 2014, 12:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenhodgso

Quote from: Burt on August 26, 2014, 05:03:11 PM
EXPECTATIONS
I have never been one of those who thought we would breeze back in to the Premier League at the first time of asking. We have had the guts ripped out of the club, with an exodus of the old, the past-its, the ones who want to stay in the Premier League, and the ones who don't want to play for Fulham. Which is all fair enough, and long over-due, but instead of being an incremental process over the course of a season or so we have in effect done this over two months. Felix only has one regular (Parker) and one bit-part player (Rodellega) from our last match in the premier league, five matches ago. So now it is a combination of new signings and promoting the more promising folk from our academy. This is not a recipe for promotion at the first time of asking, particularly given there are more experienced teams looking to push on from their near miss of last season – Derby, Forest, Brighton, Reading, etc. etc. Having said all that, and also being one of those who feels that Felix should be given time (10 games) to show that he has got to grips with things, my resolve is being tested by the fact that it would be one thing to lose consecutive games and see progress, but at the moment we seem to be losing and getting worse.

ONES TO WATCH
Roberts, Hyndmann, Woodrow, Dembele, etc. We have a bunch of promising youngsters breaking through now. However they are being pitched against seasoned Championship level pros. It is important that the transition is done in a way that keeps their confidence levels high, rather than having their spirits crushed...

ROSS MCCORMACK
The jury is out... He hasn't set the world alight, but to be fair he seems to have a fitness issue and the team around him has changed, so it has been difficult for him to form the right partnerships etc. He does seem to have a good brain on him, he gets in to good positions, and he does know where the goal is, so hopefully things will start to click. And soon!

IS FELIX THE MAN?
He should be given time to prove that he is the man. The aforementioned 10 games. He has been given a lot to deal with and sort out. My concern is that we haven't started to see progress on the field, if anything we have been going backwards. Throw in to that the squad chopping and changing and a strange signing or two, and whilst I am sure most of us want managerial stability we are all worried that it isn't going to happen with Felix.

WHO SHOULD WE HAVE KEPT?
Steve Sidwell. We need someone with his experience, graft and commitment. A rallying point. It was also a shame to lose the likes of Dejagah, Kasami etc. but they were not quite the lynchpin that Sidwell was.

THOUGHTS ON CARDIFF
Owned by a fruitcake who doesn't really listen to the fans and has presided over a bit of a disaster. Good support drawn from the local community who have seen plenty of downs as well as ups. Some juicy local rivalries. All sounds very familiar 

LIKELY LINE-UP
Hahahahahhahaaaahaha. Sorry, best laugh of the day. I don't think anyone here has predicted the right line-up all season. Felix likes to keep things fresh! I guess it would be safe to assume that Jeronon, Hoogland, Bodurov, Parker, Staflyidis, Roberts and McCormack will probably start. The rest? Felix hasn't thrown the darts yet.

Good heavens - I think I agree with every word... and the "who would you have kept?"  I can only add one name.... Darren Bent Kieran Richardson

TheDaddy

As i said to my doctor as he  twanging his rubber glove before my postrate examination "Please be GGGEEEntleeee".
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 26, 2014, 05:20:32 PM
Quote from: andyk on August 26, 2014, 04:29:00 PM
I'd like to answer your questions but I just got a text from Felix Magath, telling me that I am starting on the left wing in tonight's Capitol Cup game against Brentford, so I've got to rush to the shops and pick up some boots.

I've just spotted a crowd of people in GMB shirts on the plane:  Logicalman, Love4FFc, HatterDon, YankeeJim, Jags, and 2/3 more.  
Don't tell me they're all playing left wing as well and why are they in first class and I'm not ?

Nah, I'm the keeper. I'm no better than a jelly fish in goal these days but Felix reckons my extended size would cut down the space available for the ball to go past.     :dead horse:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bluebirds_forum

hi, and thanks again. If you want to keep an eye on what we are saying about the game, our match thread can be found here.

http://www.bluebirdsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3050

many thanks.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: bluebirds_forum on August 28, 2014, 10:47:35 AM
hi, and thanks again. If you want to keep an eye on what we are saying about the game, our match thread can be found here.

many thanks.

A very happy and confident bunch you lot are - wish we were that way about this upcoming Saturday. I for one will call it .... 2-1 to Fulham!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bluebirds_forum

Quote from: maoconnor on August 28, 2014, 12:40:19 PM
Quote from: bluebirds_forum on August 28, 2014, 10:47:35 AM

many thanks.

A very happy and confident bunch you lot are - wish we were that way about this upcoming Saturday. I for one will call it .... 2-1 to Fulham!

there is a lot of positivity around the place, even after losing to Wolves.

I think we will see Macheda starting up top against you Saturday, With our main threat coming from our fullbacks.