watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff fan in peace

Started by bluebirds_forum, August 26, 2014, 12:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebirds_forum

Hi guys, with the game coming up on Saturday, i just wanted to get some of your thoughts about the season so far, the future, and us etc. If anyone could take the time to answer a few questions i would be really grateful, we've done this for every game so far and everyone on our forum likes to see things from the other fans point of views..

1. obviously it hasnt been a great start for you, but its a long season, can you give us some insight into your longer term ambition as a club? the signing of Mccormack seemed a statement of intent in terms of bouncing straight back to the Prem, however, you seem to be giving youth a chance - and that seems to contradict the inital ambitions of the big summer signing, from the outside looking in, its hard to see where you are trying to go as a club this season..... .So basically, whats the expectation this season?

2. Speaking of the youngsters in the side, (you have, according to transfermartk, the youngest side in the league) can you tell us a bit about some of the better ones? George Williams is welsh so someone we know of, how good is he? and Patrick Roberts the player most talked about. Out of all the kids in the side, who are the ones with the big futures?  and who should we be looking out for on Saturday.

3. Going back to Ross Moccormack, as an ex-Cardiff player, i was rather surprised to see him go for 11m this summer. An energetic player who certainly knows where the goal is, what have your impressions of him been, and do you see yourselves gettin your moneys worth out of him.

4. Felix Magath has a fantastic record in Germany over many years. Its easy to say from the outside that things arent working just by looking at the results, but do you see him as the man to turn you around? or is he 1/2 bad games away from the sack? If so, what is it about his selections/tactics that really arent working?

5. As a fellow relegated side, we knew we would lose some of our bigger/more expensive players, you seem to have had a really big overhaul this summer, and lost a lot of quality. out of all the players you have lost this summer, is there some/one that you would rather have kept?

6. What are your general opinions of Cardiff. It terms of the owners and management, but also our squad, and how you think we might fare this season. Also, if you could have 1 cardiff player in your side, which one and why?

7. What is your likely lineup for the game on Saturday, and what do you think the score will be?

jelmo

Can I be the first to congratulate you on Saturday's victory for Cardiff.

NorfolkJim

As far as the liklely line up for Saturday - your guess is as good as ours - anything is possible - any player at any position

Lighthouse

1- Expectations are now zero. We hope we can finish in this league atm. But clearly the talk of promotion was before a dictator of a manager lost the plot.

2- We have so many talented kids who are in need of a guiding hand of Championship experience. The likely hood is the players who played the best will not be allowed to play against Cardiff for some reason only our manager is aware of.

3- Ross looked very good if a bit off the pace. Now he just looks bewildered.

4- In the first two defeats we had a basis of a good system and team. Again we need experience but I rather hoped we would either bring them in or use the ones we had. Instead we drop the successful players and Felix says he wants to give every player a try as if we are still in pre season. So changing things and keeping the poorest decisions going and playing players out of position.

5- Personally I wanted to keep our Keeper Stockdale and midfielder Sidwell. Many of the others I am afraid were way past there sell by date.

6- You have a madman as chairman. Felix would fit right in. But Cardiff will do well and will certainly be around the play offs.

7- No chance of naming the side. We have had Felix Bingo going on on Twitter and here. There has not been ONE correct team named by a fan yet as far as I know. With no change in manager and Felix failing to bring in experience. Well done on a 3-0 canter. But don't let it go to your heads. It is only Fulham you are playing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

K33NY

Quote from: bluebirds_forum on August 26, 2014, 12:17:00 PM
Hi guys, with the game coming up on Saturday, i just wanted to get some of your thoughts about the season so far, the future, and us etc. If anyone could take the time to answer a few questions i would be really grateful, we've done this for every game so far and everyone on our forum likes to see things from the other fans point of views..

1. obviously it hasnt been a great start for you, but its a long season, can you give us some insight into your longer term ambition as a club? the signing of Mccormack seemed a statement of intent in terms of bouncing straight back to the Prem, however, you seem to be giving youth a chance - and that seems to contradict the inital ambitions of the big summer signing, from the outside looking in, its hard to see where you are trying to go as a club this season..... .So basically, whats the expectation this season?

2. Speaking of the youngsters in the side, (you have, according to transfermartk, the youngest side in the league) can you tell us a bit about some of the better ones? George Williams is welsh so someone we know of, how good is he? and Patrick Roberts the player most talked about. Out of all the kids in the side, who are the ones with the big futures?  and who should we be looking out for on Saturday.

3. Going back to Ross Moccormack, as an ex-Cardiff player, i was rather surprised to see him go for 11m this summer. An energetic player who certainly knows where the goal is, what have your impressions of him been, and do you see yourselves gettin your moneys worth out of him.

4. Felix Magath has a fantastic record in Germany over many years. Its easy to say from the outside that things arent working just by looking at the results, but do you see him as the man to turn you around? or is he 1/2 bad games away from the sack? If so, what is it about his selections/tactics that really arent working?

5. As a fellow relegated side, we knew we would lose some of our bigger/more expensive players, you seem to have had a really big overhaul this summer, and lost a lot of quality. out of all the players you have lost this summer, is there some/one that you would rather have kept?

6. What are your general opinions of Cardiff. It terms of the owners and management, but also our squad, and how you think we might fare this season. Also, if you could have 1 cardiff player in your side, which one and why?

7. What is your likely lineup for the game on Saturday, and what do you think the score will be?

1: Expectations from high above was to go for direct promotion, some fans had same oppinion while other thought it would never be possible, now I think most fans expect Magath to be fired asap so a new manager a good manager can give results.... but for me personally I cant expect anything table wise anymore, I need to take it match by match...

2: Roberts is a great player who can both dribble and pass, the most impressive one for me this year is Hyndmann, I knew the names of our youngsters but since I dont live in England, I never attended a youth match so when it comes to skills I dont know them that much, but Hyndmann has really impressed me.

3: I can see us getting our money worth, but not with Magath as manager, if what Riise said is true yesterday on Norwegian TV, he doesnt even know what position the players should play, wich comes down to our very strange line-ups...... We need our team to actually work as a team, to serve the balls to our strikers, a striker is only as good as hes team is and can not score unless the team around him gives him proper balls to work with.

4: No I have completely lost the faith of Magath, hes dicatorship rumors truly shows itself here in Fulham, dicator, unmotivating, a high sickness for controll.... he should have gone after the Derby match but according to rumors after the wolves match he was given 2 more games... wich means if he gets a result today... I fear he gets to stay....

5: I would deffinetly have kept Dejagah, what a quality he was for us, and allthough our fans was very divided about theire oppinion about Stockdale last season we saw the best of him during the end, I thought I would never see him play for Fulham again while he was under Renee, but under Magath he got to play and did well, selling him not replacing him at least is just shocking, and allso Kasami, I think he would have been vital in Championship...

6: When it comes to owner, well you have a controvercial one dont you.... changing the colours, changing the logo.... I would have hated it, then the sacking  of Mackay, wich then was shocking for your fans, BUT it looks like it was the right thing on long term, I am a Norwegian and allso a fan of Solskjaer, he got alot of negativity during end of last season not being good enough, but he is so football smart, learned under the best, and knows how to motivate a team, and you can see that on Cardiff's performance so far this season, he is the right man for Cardiff I think! I dont know much of your squad now, to much to pay attention to here at Fulham at the moment, BUT, do not sell Dæhli under any circumstances, he is such a talented player and will be one of Norways best if not THE best in a few years along with Ødegaard who plays for Strømsgodset and is 15, he is demolishing our league as a 15 year old. Allso I wished WE had Solskjær and wished for it a long time during the time after Jol's sacking it was rumours he was going here as well. To bad it didnt happen :(

7: Likely line-up is for me impossible to predict right now, because if Magath stays, we never know what kind of madness goes on in hes brains, and if he goes, who knows who comes in as new manager. I really cant tell.

F(f)CUK

I can only hope that in response to Qn 4 "or is he 1/2 bad games away from the sack?", the answer is please get rid of him - I would take Graeme Souness, Tony Pulis or a dead rat as manager rather than him. The man is truly bonkers and deluded.

jarv

I think you got the answers, spot on. Nothing to add except that we are all extremely depressed and about to 090.gif

Berserker

I'm probably not going to go Saturday as fed up with our whole situation, I will leave my two seats empty as a protest
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Cottagism

Quote from: Berserker on August 26, 2014, 02:06:27 PM
I'm probably not going to go Saturday as fed up with our whole situation, I will leave my two seats empty as a protest

Me too, as it happens.  Walking back from the Wolves game, I vowed not to return to my lovely wooden seat in the beauteous Johnny Haynes until Magath is gone.  I would rather watch my dog orally explore his various cavities on Saturday afternoon than feel my blood-pressure rise yet further at the insanity of this German's behaviour/selections/gesticulations/spectacles.  Feel a bit sorry for those I am leaving to face the awfulness.  Bit like a lightly-injured soldier leaving the Somme in 1916.

jelmo

I also vowed not to go as long as penfold is manager. I know it wont make a difference but its too depressing to watch.

Dodger53

I didnt miss a minute last season - v wolves last week I left when they got the pen - I will go Saturday but for the first time ever am thinking of saving 7 hours of my life and sticking season ticket in bottom drawer until some resemblance of a team starts turning up showing some kind of tactics. When we get a free kick no one knows what do so usually punt it to the opposition. Treadful team at present. God i hope he turns it around ..miricles do happen.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

1. It was always going to be a season to rebuild the side and despite what many predicted it was obvious from the start we might have struggled with so many kids and so many players offloaded and not properly replaced. I was pessimistic at the beginning, but the situation has become even more dire. Don't get fooled by the McCormack acquisition, without another 4 or 5 used to the Championship older, wiser heads in the team and with Magath in charge we will struggle to stay in the division.

2. The best ones are the ones Magath has already froze out of the team: Chris David and Emerson Hyndman. Patrick Roberts is a good up and coming talent with something vaguely resembling Messi in the way he dribbles opponents, but at the moment he is too lightweight and better coming out of the bench when the opposition is tired. He's definitely one for the future. Dembélé was very hyped at the start but he hasn't really done anything impressive in competitive matches yet. Woodrow seems like he's doing all the bits and pieces a striker should do, but he's lacking the finishing touch and he's not getting in attacking positions enough at the moment. Vigen Christensen look like a player who can surely spot a pass and he's tidy in midfield. Burgess, Kavanagh and Joronen are frankly not up to scratch at the moment. But you have to bear in mind all these kids are playing under a madman who destroys their confidence by playing them in completely disjointed teams and dropping them for no reason at all when they seem to do well, plus they are all suffering from the lack of experience int he dressing room. They are not fighting enough to earn their chances.

3. With a decent manager and paired up with Rodallega or another decent forward he would score some goals for us. And to be honest, yes we were mugged by Leeds, but he is the kind of player we should look to buy: good age, hungry, british, experienced.

4. He had a massive clearout, had a farcical preseason, then thought the kids could replace the senior players in no time at all and treated the first games of the season as friendlies to understand what was his best team (and he is nowhere near his best team apparently, so he announced MORE changes). And I am not forgetting that he was in charge when we were relegated and many of his tactical choices baffled everyone. Also, he clearly doesn't know anything about the league we are in (not that he was a Premier League expert by any means).

5. Sidwell, Stockdale, Dejagah, Hangeland, Stekelenburg, Richardson.

6. Mark Hudson, a Fulham academy player and a proper centre back with loads of Football league nous. Other than that I always had a soft spot for Peter Whittingham.

7. Ask Magath, he won't know until the last roll of the dice.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

andyk

I'd like to answer your questions but I just got a text from Felix Magath, telling me that I am starting on the left wing in tonight's Capitol Cup game against Brentford, so I've got to rush to the shops and pick up some boots.

Syd Cupp

"2. Speaking of the youngsters in the side, (you have, according to transfermartk, the youngest side in the league)"

When the team comes out im not sure who is the mascot and who is playing !!
Apparently for the Christmas Party this year its Jelly with Ice Cream then off to play on the Bouncy Castle.!!!

dgnffc

1. At this moment in time I think we'll be relegated.
2. No idea as the team selection is perm any 11 from 30-odd.
3. He could be good but needs some support and stability around him.
4. No, but he seems to be supported directly by our chairman so can't see him going soon. His man-management and selection policies are incomprehensible'
5. Dejagh, Stockdale and Heitinga (I know he was only on loan) at least
6. last season are thought you were a bit of a car crash but we've well and truly taken over that title now. I think you'll get into the playoffs but can't see you getting automatic promotion. The one person I'd take at the minute from your club is the manager - purely just to get rid of ours!
7. Selection is who hasn't upset the manager this week but I don't think we have any chance of winning.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

1. obviously it hasnt been a great start for you, but its a long season, can you give us some insight into your longer term ambition as a club?

"Anyone can deal with victory. Only the mighty can bear defeat."
― Adolf Hitler

Have you heard of Russian Roulette ????  that is not used  instead  a type of German Bingo is employed to make zee team  selection, it is sehr unzuverlässig  :026:

Burt

EXPECTATIONS
I have never been one of those who thought we would breeze back in to the Premier League at the first time of asking. We have had the guts ripped out of the club, with an exodus of the old, the past-its, the ones who want to stay in the Premier League, and the ones who don't want to play for Fulham. Which is all fair enough, and long over-due, but instead of being an incremental process over the course of a season or so we have in effect done this over two months. Felix only has one regular (Parker) and one bit-part player (Rodellega) from our last match in the premier league, five matches ago. So now it is a combination of new signings and promoting the more promising folk from our academy. This is not a recipe for promotion at the first time of asking, particularly given there are more experienced teams looking to push on from their near miss of last season – Derby, Forest, Brighton, Reading, etc. etc. Having said all that, and also being one of those who feels that Felix should be given time (10 games) to show that he has got to grips with things, my resolve is being tested by the fact that it would be one thing to lose consecutive games and see progress, but at the moment we seem to be losing and getting worse.

ONES TO WATCH
Roberts, Hyndmann, Woodrow, Dembele, etc. We have a bunch of promising youngsters breaking through now. However they are being pitched against seasoned Championship level pros. It is important that the transition is done in a way that keeps their confidence levels high, rather than having their spirits crushed...

ROSS MCCORMACK
The jury is out... He hasn't set the world alight, but to be fair he seems to have a fitness issue and the team around him has changed, so it has been difficult for him to form the right partnerships etc. He does seem to have a good brain on him, he gets in to good positions, and he does know where the goal is, so hopefully things will start to click. And soon!

IS FELIX THE MAN?
He should be given time to prove that he is the man. The aforementioned 10 games. He has been given a lot to deal with and sort out. My concern is that we haven't started to see progress on the field, if anything we have been going backwards. Throw in to that the squad chopping and changing and a strange signing or two, and whilst I am sure most of us want managerial stability we are all worried that it isn't going to happen with Felix.

WHO SHOULD WE HAVE KEPT?
Steve Sidwell. We need someone with his experience, graft and commitment. A rallying point. It was also a shame to lose the likes of Dejagah, Kasami etc. but they were not quite the lynchpin that Sidwell was.

THOUGHTS ON CARDIFF
Owned by a fruitcake who doesn't really listen to the fans and has presided over a bit of a disaster. Good support drawn from the local community who have seen plenty of downs as well as ups. Some juicy local rivalries. All sounds very familiar 

LIKELY LINE-UP
Hahahahahhahaaaahaha. Sorry, best laugh of the day. I don't think anyone here has predicted the right line-up all season. Felix likes to keep things fresh! I guess it would be safe to assume that Jeronon, Hoogland, Bodurov, Parker, Staflyidis, Roberts and McCormack will probably start. The rest? Felix hasn't thrown the darts yet.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: andyk on August 26, 2014, 04:29:00 PM
I'd like to answer your questions but I just got a text from Felix Magath, telling me that I am starting on the left wing in tonight's Capitol Cup game against Brentford, so I've got to rush to the shops and pick up some boots.

There must be some mistake here.
I had an email saying that I was playing left wing tonight.

I'm in the air now and will be landing at Heathrow at 6.30pm.  
(I'll have to borrow some boots and a jock strap when I get to GP)
A quick Volkswagen chaffeur driven ride to the Red Lion, Brentford (do bands still play there or is the pub even still there ?)   and then a stroll to the ground
Get changed,   10 seconds to listen to tactics and to shakes hands with the rest of the team (Mitro, Ruiz, Trotta, Tunnicliffe, Taztic, Chihi, Taggart, Kisaly Rodak and then we're off down the tunnel.

I'd better wear an adult nappy, I'm not sure at my age that I'll last for 45 minutes and sure as hell my corners wouldn't even get out of the natty little pie shaped white line at the flag, no chance of the near post.

I've just spotted a crowd of people in GMB shirts on the plane:  Logicalman, Love4FFc, HatterDon, YankeeJim, Jags, and 2/3 more.  
Don't tell me they're all playing left wing as well and why are they in first class and I'm not ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MAHLUF

not sure of any answers but my bet is you will enjoy the game more than
us

bluebirds_forum

just want to say thanks for the people who took the time to answer, it certainly seems that as a fan base, you are a bit fed up at the moment, but it only takes a few good results to turn fortunes around.  049:gif

anyway, if anyone else wants to give us some answers to the questions that would be great, our thread for th match against you will probably be up today, and we use the views from opposition fans as part of that.

After Satuday i wish you good luck for the rest of the season  :Happy New Year 2: