more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

According to this we've signed the German Under 18 LB from Liverpool

Started by NorthernWhite, January 31, 2010, 09:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/461108737

Very highly-rated German Under 18 left-sided fullback and midfielder Christopher Buchtmann has apparently been snapped up by Fulham.

Buchtmann was left out of yesterday's 1 - 0 Academy victory over Manchester United. Malcolm Elias (former head of our academy and the man who brought a number of players including Buchtmann) has managed to snap up the German for 100,000 pounds.

Buchtmann apparently had his medical this morning.

All this info courtesy of the lads from The Liverpool Way (who usually know a lot about the ongoings at the Academy).

Furthermore, it looks as if there's further disarray at the Academy as all the Under 10 and Under 11 coaches have been sacked and yet to be replaced.

Adam Pepper looks set to move on as well once he finds a club. Everton and Wigan are both keen.

I wonder if we're still in for Lauri Dalla Valle the highly rated striker we went for late in the summer window from Liverpool?

LRCN

oh my god, he's younger than me. now I know how admin feels  :(
still, it's a signing.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lork on January 31, 2010, 09:59:30 PM
still, it's a signing.
You should know how it feels to have a manager younger than you, like i did with Cookie.

HatterDon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 31, 2010, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Lork on January 31, 2010, 09:59:30 PM
still, it's a signing.
You should know how it feels to have a manager younger than you, like i did with Cookie.

Or like I do with Roy
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Hmmm...A German called Christopher Buchtmann...are we sure Roy didn't confuse the transfer list with the no-fly list?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Brede Butter Pudding

Not sure I believe this. I think Roy would be looking for prem experience rather than an 18 year old at full back.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 31, 2010, 10:22:01 PM
Not sure I believe this. I think Roy would be looking for prem experience rather than an 18 year old at full back.

He wouldn't be bought in to be a starter but for the future, we also bought another Liverpool youngster in earlier in the season Gary Mackay Stevens. We do need another LB for the 1st team squad and I'm sure they're working on this.

I've a feeling it could be quite an interesting day tomorrow. Or a very flat one!

White Noise

I didn't realise we had signed Mackay- Stevens in the end NW. Good news indeed.

Remind me what the Liverpool link is at Fulham. It's someone in our scouting team or something isn't it?

Interesting thread on the new boy that feted Rafa for his visions in bringing in such classy youngsters -

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=8406.0

NorthernWhite

Quote from: White Noise on January 31, 2010, 10:37:27 PM
I didn't realise we had signed Mackay- Stevens in the end NW. Good news indeed.

Remind me what the Liverpool link is at Fulham. It's someone in our scouting team or something isn't it?

Malcolm Elias was the Liverpool Academy Director and bought in by Hugh Jennings after he was sacked and replaced by Dalglish at Liverpool.

I think we're still intereted in Lauri Dalla Valle the highly rated striker in the U18's squad. Has scored for fun but was unhappy about not being promoted to the reserves/1st team squad. Very highly thought of at Anfield and we tried to sign him at the end of the summer window.

NorthernWhite

Nice one Lork. He definitely looks more of a LM than LB. Has got some skills though so could be a very good investment if true at 100K.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lork on January 31, 2010, 11:15:09 PM
the original source -
http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/88339-buchtmann.html
Hahaha i've seen you signed in as FFC Lork . Got to love Hamstrungs avatar, superb. Seems promising, but a lot admit they havent seen him play. Also drinkinging rumours (good boy). seems we have a fella used to work with Pool that the young uns want to follow, hopefully from the scouse mb we'll also sign Pepper??? and De Valle who we have apparantley offered £1 mill for.

NorthernWhite

According to the following, the Liverpool Echo are saying this is done as well. Thanks to the kinks Lork provided, we does look more of a LM than LB. Details:-

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/fulham-sign-liverpool-starlet-christopher-buchtmann/5461/

Fulham have agreed to sign Liverpool's 17-year-old left sided player Christopher Buchtmann to for £100,000, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Buchtmann joined Liverpool in 2008 from Borussia Dortmund and was tipped to be a major star at Anfield in the coming years.

He was a part of the Liverpool side that reached the FA Youth cup final last season and was hugely impressive as Germany's Under-17 side won the European championship last summer.

Predominantly a left sided midfielder, Buchtmann can also play as a left back and has a terrific left foot which sees him take set-pieces.

Buchtmann will now be hoping for first team opportunities under Fulham boss Roy Hodgson and will be aiming to displace Paul Konchesky as the Cottagers first choice left back.

Abbotsbury White

Now we have Buchtmann we should go get Robben,that should get us out of trouble... ;D
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Lighthouse

Skysports.com understands Liverpool youngster Christopher Buchtmann is poised to join Premier League rivals Fulham.

Fulham have made a move to sign the highly-rated German in a cut-price deal as Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his squad.

Buchtmann joined Liverpool in the summer of 2008 from Borussia Dortmund and he was tipped for a big future at Anfield.

The 17-year-old was a member of Liverpool's youth side that reached the FA Youth Cup final and he helped Germany win last summer's European Under 17 Championship.

However, Buchtmann has failed to impress Reds boss Rafa Benitez and he has allowed the German, who can play at left-back or left midfield, to leave for Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Some are saying he cost 500,000 but he may have cost as much as 2 million.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bigalffc

Good news we desperately need cover for konch plus future investment. bring on more!!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum