News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gabor Kiraly - new fulham keeper interview in german media .. translated by tiax

Started by tiax, August 28, 2014, 08:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiax

In the past five years, the Hungarian was goalkeeper of 1860 Munich, completed 168 games in the jersey of the "lions" and played it 51 times to zero.

But that chapter is closed for 1860 Király since Tuesday. The 38-year-old got the club the green light for his move to the English second division side FC Fulham. His new coach Felix Magath.

Apparently Kiraly brings his new coach already in luck, because on Tuesday Fulham was after four successive defeats cheer again finally. In the Cup at Brentford FC there was a 1 0 away win.

In his farewell interview Kiraly speaks at SPORT1 about his new challenge and makes a surprising remark towards Magath.

SPORT1: Mr. Kiraly, after five years you leave Germany. How happy are you that it worked with his move to Fulham?

Gabor Kiraly: I am very happy. It was in the last days more and more concrete and it was my desire to be allowed to go to England. Now I'm glad that 1860 has enabled me. With 38 to get a contract in England, is not self-evident. I had to make. Fulham is already my fifth club in England. It is a great challenge. I thank sixty, I had five great years there there. This step is for me and 1860 is a good solution.

SPORT1: How it ever came to contact with Fulham?

Kiraly: Fulham announced two weeks ago at me, and then both clubs have negotiated. I have noticed, of course, but continued to train diligently. There was even the least bit of trouble because of that stupid action of mine, where I moved my colleague's hair. After that I had to train in the second team and that was of course very disappointing for me. As then came the interest from Fulham, I was excited and wanted to make sure.

SPORT1: you meet in Fulham now on coach Felix Magath. No fear of his hard training?

Kiraly: I am goalkeeper and therefore I will stay away probably spared a bit, because it relates to the field even more players. (laughs) But everyone knows the kind of Felix Magath, and I'm really looking forward to it. He is a great coach. I've never worked with him, but I am not so much concerned with him, but work more with my goalkeeper coach.

SPORT1: He but should not hear ...

Kiraly: I look forward to Magath, every challenge under a new coach is good. It is of course a good thing to work with such an experienced coach, but I'm not just because Magath after Fulham.

SPORT1: Have you had purely write in your new contract, you may wear your gray baggy pants in England?

Kiraly: The way I heard to me for football. It is also not purely written to occur without shoes or without goalkeeper gloves. The baggy pants is part of my collection. Who will Gabor Kiraly, who brings the baggy pants (laughs out loud).

Pluto

blingo

We could ask Tony to come out of retirement. That could very well make Mr TG's week lol.

Lighthouse

Good luck to him. But having waited all transfer window for a keeper, this signing is at best underwhelming. It shows Felix is happy with the young keepers he has. Which is worrying when they talk of promotion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Quote from: blingo on August 28, 2014, 02:26:30 PM
We could ask Tony to come out of retirement. That could very well make Mr TG's week lol.

He'd be as good as ever.

jmh

Quote from: tiax on August 28, 2014, 08:56:50 AM
Who will Gabor Kiraly, who brings the baggy pants.
Who will Gabor Kiraly, who brings the baggy pants indeed.  I love automatic translation.

Artful Dodger

A few players should be worried about Kiraly moving their hair by the sound of it  :005:
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Pie and mash

bill taylors apprentice

Back in 2002 his performance against us in the UEFA cup was outstanding and helped Hertha Berlin progress to the next round.
He was a quality keeper, but that was a long time ago. 

K33NY

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 28, 2014, 10:42:56 PM
Back in 2002 his performance against us in the UEFA cup was outstanding and helped Hertha Berlin progress to the next round.
He was a quality keeper, but that was a long time ago. 

When you say UEFA Cup I actually thought UEFA cup, to me UEFA Cup is the now Europa League, you did mean Intertoto Cup?