watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adam Taggart

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 29, 2014, 08:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Really excited to see this lad when he finally recovers from his injury! Anyone know much about him from his days Down Under with the Newcastle Jets?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FPT

He's a pure finisher. Lots of pace, lots of energy and if given an opportunity - will score.

However, it's certainly a step up in quality; once he's back to full fitness it's probably best to use him in the same manner as Dembele, in and out; don't overload him with pressure. Give him tasters. I think someone described him as similar to Carlos Tevez in terms of that never stop running playing style - if he's even half as good, we've got a player!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FPT on August 29, 2014, 09:05:30 PM
He's a pure finisher. Lots of pace, lots of energy and if given an opportunity - will score.

However, it's certainly a step up in quality; once he's back to full fitness it's probably best to use him in the same manner as Dembele, in and out; don't overload him with pressure. Give him tasterLius. I think someone described him as similar to Carlos Tevez in terms of that never stop running playing style - if he's even half as good, we've got a player!

Sounds like a game changer to me! A signing most people seem to have let slip under the radar. Hope Magoo gives him a proper shot.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

I am glad we have Adam Taggart, and I am looking forward to seeing him play before I die of old age. One small question, is it me, or do Fulham appear to be in the habit or signing players lately who are either injured or just not fit. What has happened to these stringent medical see use to have, or is the new policy just to confirm there is a heart beat. Just thought I would enquire.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Quote from: FPT on August 29, 2014, 09:05:30 PM

However, it's certainly a step up in quality; once he's back to full fitness it's probably best to use him in the same manner as Dembele, in and out; don't overload him with pressure. Give him tasters. I think someone described him as similar to Carlos Tevez in terms of that never stop running playing style - if he's even half as good, we've got a player!

Is he as ugly as Tevez?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

DevonFFC

Mate who is an Aussie said he is a hard little bugger and a class act... However Aussie football isn't exactly the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the nutflush

Has a great attitude.  Knows how to score and is also a good trainer.  Will take anything Felix dishes out. 

South Aussie

Here is a good article which sums up Taggart's situation pretty well. Whenever I watched him play he was always hungry, detemeined and never shy to have a crack at goal. Big expectations of him now as Australia doesn't have many young stars playing in top leagues in Europe.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4026/opinion/2014/06/25/4911881/will-adam-taggart-succeed-at-fulham

Here are some of his goals from last year as well as the golden boot winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ6K3KdqnWI

paddyuksw6

f321ffc

Is he fit ? If not when is he expected to be. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Zu-Meister

watched him at crawley, impressed me loads, surprised me even. once he gets used to football here, i think he will be a real asset.

Neil D

Don't know anything about the guy but I do know that we are short of height up front and he's even shorter than McCormack and of slender build.  This could be a problem.

grandad

Quote from: Neil D on August 30, 2014, 11:55:08 AM
Don't know anything about the guy but I do know that we are short of height up front and he's even shorter than McCormack and of slender build.  This could be a problem.

Michael Owen, George Best, Puskas, Ivor, Messi, Tevez, Suarez etc did not their lack of height stop them being prolific scorers.
Where there's a will there's a wife