watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fantastic game today against Cardiff

Started by love4ffc, August 30, 2014, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

We just played a fantastic game IMHO.  Loved the back four today.  Thought Burns had a fantastic game and for the most part handled things very well back there. 

Parker looked absolutely terrific up top attacking.  Thought he created lots of chances for others and was constantly helping with the attack.  Also loved David and thought he was a work horse on the pitch.  Hope to see him more games like that. 

McCormack out wide was a little strange but I thought it worked out ok. Would love to see him more as the man in front of goal so he can start nicking some in. 

Really wish Roberts would have been subbed on in the last 80 minutes.  Think he really could have changed things up and got the team back into it.  Some strange subs today for me. 

While I am not naïve and realize we have a long season ahead of us, I do think this is a team that could make things happen.  I am still on the fence about FM but hope this is the beginning of something special and that he can keep this kind of game going forward. 

Really looking forward to our next match.   049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FulhamBoston

Same, hoping we've turned a corner.  Burn means so much to the stability of that back line.

NJFulham

International break coming at wrong time.

Holders

Agree with the above, plus Bettinelli looked assured in goal. McCormack's corners were much better than Staf's have been.

I would have taken that result before the game but we needed to take more chances in the first half. Still, when we reflect that they won here last year it's a huge encouragement.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

It shows how far we have been dragged down that a point after a game we dominated is considered to be acceptable. Five games, one good performance, two alright performances and two looking lost performances. One point and three goals. Appalling but a promise of sorts, But this is closer to the team most picked at the start of the season. Shame we have a manager nobody can trust.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Aaron

Staf's delivery leaves a lot to be desired but if he can work on that he's got the makings of a great player.

We looked pretty good today on the whole.

VamosFFC

Burn played great today. His clearances and ability to throw himself in places to get the ball was just great to watch. Don't know how he hasn't been starting, but at least Magath knows he needs to start Burn now.

K33NY

First half was great, second half not so... like allways... they could have scored more than 2 and we simply cant score....

Denver Fulham

We're dying for a central mid with pace and/or killer passing range, and probably a better striker.

The subs sucked today.

Berserker

Mr B who is neutral thought we deserved to win
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

westcliff white

Quote from: K33NY on August 30, 2014, 05:12:47 PM
First half was great, second half not so... like allways... they could have scored more than 2 and we simply cant score....
totally agree
Every day is a Fulham day

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2014, 05:09:35 PM
It shows how far we have been dragged down that a point after a game we dominated is considered to be acceptable. Five games, one good performance, two alright performances and two looking lost performances. One point and three goals. Appalling but a promise of sorts, But this is closer to the team most picked at the start of the season. Shame we have a manager nobody can trust.

Why put the downer on it? If you looked at it from the opposite perspective it makes all the difference. We were dragged down over the past 2 seasons, so we started at rock bottom 5 games ago, and considering the change that HAD to be made, starting with a fresh young squad, I think todays performance looked very promising. We can keep saying about whats happened in the past but it ain't gonna change it. Perhaps onwards and upwards (if not a little sideways at times) is another way to look at it? Just perhaps.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Logicalman on August 30, 2014, 05:40:12 PM
Why put the downer on it? If you looked at it from the opposite perspective it makes all the difference. We were dragged down over the past 2 seasons, so we started at rock bottom 5 games ago, and considering the change that HAD to be made, starting with a fresh young squad, I think todays performance looked very promising. We can keep saying about whats happened in the past but it ain't gonna change it. Perhaps onwards and upwards (if not a little sideways at times) is another way to look at it? Just perhaps.

Again, your username is very fitting. Logical reply, Logicalman!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

Quote from: Logicalman on August 30, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

Why put a downer on it? Well as I have said in another thread. I thought the same after two matches that we looked promising. Then we looked like a bunch of strangers because Felix kept on experimenting. How long will he be until he stops messing about? This side was most peoples starting 11 from day 1.  So the downer is we have a manager that has lost the trust of many fans and one 45 minute great performance does not change that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

As was said I'm holding judgement for now on FM.  Really hoping this is the start of something great.    No 1 point isn't good after 1 game but no sense in looking back but rather forward.  On to the next game I say. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Holders on August 30, 2014, 05:04:12 PM
Agree with the above, plus Bettinelli looked assured in goal. McCormack's corners were much better than Staf's have been.

I would have taken that result before the game but we needed to take more chances in the first half. Still, when we reflect that they won here last year it's a huge encouragement.

I think that is why McCormack has been starting wider. Even his crosses were better than most of our wingers.

Burt

Hopefully we have turned a corner.

Unbeaten in two (if you count the League Cup).

Played well for much of today, particularly in the first half. It's the first time for a long time that I was genuinely excited by a lot of what happened out there.

Hopefully Felix has passed his experimentation phase. We should build on today and move forward, rather than tinker and move back.