watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We should not be disheartened with today's result

Started by something_amusing, August 30, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

something_amusing

My only negative is we did not turn our possession and chances into goals. I cannot pick out a bad performance today. The defence look calm and solid. Bettinelli also looked confident when coming out for crosses and dominating his area. We played some great football today and i refuse to be negative and call for magath to go after today's game (maybe could of bought on roberts instead of dembele). Hoogland played very well in my eyes and he reads the game well in dm. Also some nice simple passes and protected the defence well. Parker (im not his biggeat fan) also had a good game. He looked better going forward today. Hyndman and david absolutely dominated the first half. Maybe they tired because we played a high pressure intensive game. Mccormack reminds me of rooney. Very bullish and some neat touches.

I could go on.

My point is lets not be negative because i feel other than not taking our chances and maybe not bringing on pat, there is not much to be negative about.

If we play a similar team weekin week out then i am sure we will at least make the play offs. This league is a marathon and not a sprint.

I dare you to be positive...

Fulham1959

Lighthouse

Yes a fine performance BUT how can we be positive with one point and three goals and a manager who has waited until now to pick the side most of us would have picked. Although he did play the excellent McCormack wide.

Today was fine but there is so much to be concerned about. Still the positive thing is we dominated and are no longer rock bottom. Goodness we have fallen a long way to feel we have to be positive about this,
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: something_amusing on August 30, 2014, 05:08:22 PM
My only negative is we did not turn our possession and chances into goals. I cannot pick out a bad performance today. The defence look calm and solid. Bettinelli also looked confident when coming out for crosses and dominating his area. We played some great football today and i refuse to be negative and call for magath to go after today's game (maybe could of bought on roberts instead of dembele). Hoogland played very well in my eyes and he reads the game well in dm. Also some nice simple passes and protected the defence well. Parker (im not his biggeat fan) also had a good game. He looked better going forward today. Hyndman and david absolutely dominated the first half. Maybe they tired because we played a high pressure intensive game. Mccormack reminds me of rooney. Very bullish and some neat touches.

I could go on.

My point is lets not be negative because i feel other than not taking our chances and maybe not bringing on pat, there is not much to be negative about.

If we play a similar team weekin week out then i am sure we will at least make the play offs. This league is a marathon and not a sprint.

I'll take that dare :)
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

alfie

I could go on.

I agree, once Woodrow went off we were lacking up front hence Dembele, but he was not in the game at all, hindsight is a funny word but Roberts would have been better.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

K33NY

Quote from: alfie on August 30, 2014, 05:20:31 PM

I could go on.

I agree, once Woodrow went off we were lacking up front hence Dembele, but he was not in the game at all, hindsight is a funny word but Roberts would have been better.

Felix hsould have stuffed hes pride far up the dark side, and played Mitro just for once! He said himself on pressconference that he is good enough to score goals, and fit, but hes pride refuses him to put him on..... whats the best???? Having someone on who CAN score? then get us points, maybe leave later but at least getting us points? or, Magath's pride??

something_amusing

Quote from: K33NY on August 30, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

I could go on.

Felix hsould have stuffed hes pride far up the dark side, and played Mitro just for once! He said himself on pressconference that he is good enough to score goals, and fit, but hes pride refuses him to put him on..... whats the best???? Having someone on who CAN score? then get us points, maybe leave later but at least getting us points? or, Magath's pride??

Like others have mentioned, I do not think magath is allowed to play mitro and ruiz until after the window has shut as they do not want them to get injured and therefore void any potential transfer. If the transfer window shuts and we still have either player then he must play them

K33NY

Quote from: something_amusing on August 30, 2014, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: K33NY on August 30, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

I could go on.

Like others have mentioned, I do not think magath is allowed to play mitro and ruiz until after the window has shut as they do not want them to get injured and therefore void any potential transfer. If the transfer window shuts and we still have either player then he must play them

becuase it makes sense not to play players..... Mitro did not have a good WC, and even worse time before summer with us, without him playing, showing what he can do, NOONE will be interested in buying him, if they do, they make a huge risk doing so and then buying a player who is so far away from being fit as it can be.....

Not making them play to show those clubs what they can do is just stupid.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2014, 05:14:36 PM
Yes a fine performance BUT how can we be positive with one point and three goals and a manager who has waited until now to pick the side most of us would have picked. Although he did play the excellent McCormack wide.

Today was fine but there is so much to be concerned about. Still the positive thing is we dominated and are no longer rock bottom. Goodness we have fallen a long way to feel we have to be positive about this,

The problem with the points argument is that 0 points from 12 has already happened, so anyone can bang on for months to come about those. We win two in a row now, that's seven from nine in some worlds or if you want to spin it the other way it's just 7 from 21.

I believe the points will follow the performances, and that's why I'm more positive after today.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

WhiteJag

To me it seems Felix is still trying to figure out the skills of all of his new players.  On top of that, he has to gauge the chemistry between them all.  It was progress.  Much more competitive than even the end of last season.

Lighthouse

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 30, 2014, 05:43:25 PM

The problem with the points argument is that 0 points from 12 has already happened, so anyone can bang on for months to come about those. We win two in a row now, that's seven from nine in some worlds or if you want to spin it the other way it's just 7 from 21.

I believe the points will follow the performances, and that's why I'm more positive after today.

But that same argument about performance was said after the first two defeats. Then we went backwards for two games. So the points argument is the only argument there is. We could talk about 3 goals in five matches. Too many false dawns to feel this is anything but another one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2014, 05:47:57 PM

But that same argument was said after the first two defeats. Then we went backwards for two games. So the points argument is the only argument there is. We could about 3 goals in five matches. Too many false dawns to feel this is anything but another one.

But Felix was still experimenting in the first four games. He brought back the better players from the opening two games (Hyndman, David) and went with some of the players he already knew were good (Burn, Voser) and the result has been two much better performances.

I expect a similar team in coming games and for them to grow into a unit. A team. Then the points will come. Today can be nothing but positive.

westcliff white

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 30, 2014, 05:51:37 PM

But that same argument was said after the first two defeats. Then we went backwards for two games. So the points argument is the only argument there is. We could about 3 goals in five matches. Too many false dawns to feel this is anything but another one.

But Felix was still experimenting in the first four games. He brought back the better players from the opening two games (Hyndman, David) and went with some of the players he already knew were good (Burn, Voser) and the result has been two much better performances.

I expect a similar team in coming games and for them to grow into a unit. A team. Then the points will come. Today can be nothing but positive.
And he should not be experimenting, thats what pre season is for
Every day is a Fulham day

PokerMatt

Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2014, 05:53:42 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on August 30, 2014, 05:51:37 PM

And he should not be experimenting, thats what pre season is for

It takes a bit longer than that when you have pretty much zero existing players from May.

westcliff white

I usually agree with you Matt, but this time i differ sadly, for me you do not experiment in the season, you have 5 or 6 pre season games get the best team out for the last two for those games, then any new signings after that get integrated.
Every day is a Fulham day

terryr

I could go on.

WSoodrow was completely ineffective in my opinion. He is just not strong enough to convert his chances.
He lost the ball a lot and I don't believe he is either ready or good enough. Sorry to all the Woodrow obsessed on the board.
He isn't up to it. Dembele likewise isn't up to it. Its good to give the kids a try but they are totally ineffective.
McCormick was all over the pitch and it seems he is regaining his timing and sharpness.

Burt

I think the comments about Woodrow and Dembele are accurate, they did struggle today, but remember they are just starting out in their careers and came up against seasoned pros today.

They can (and will) get better. But to get there they need our support rather than criticism, and it also requires the club to be careful on how they manage them and what game time they get so that their confidence doesn't get destroyed.

PokerMatt

Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2014, 06:22:58 PM
I usually agree with you Matt, but this time i differ sadly, for me you do not experiment in the season, you have 5 or 6 pre season games get the best team out for the last two for those games, then any new signings after that get integrated.

Fair enough. That's what a forum is for.

I do get where you're coming from but for me this is an extreme example where with such a dramatic squad reshape needed things will, and are, taking a bit longer.

Max Headroom

I'm happy if he picks much the same team next time. No more wholesales changes. That has been the problem this season.