watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, August 30, 2014, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

And have to say what a brilliant first half we had, just spoilt by not taking our chances. Cardiff improved in the second period but still onl had one shot on goal, cannot recall Marcus having to make one save.

If we can maintain the standard of the first half, then the sky's the limit.

Burt

Amen to that Mr Peabody sir.

Hopefully a corner turned, rather than a false dawn.

RidgeRider

Looked the same from the left coast across the Atlantic. Very promising first half. The lads still seem to need some seasoning in reacting to being scored upon but this was a good showing.

Hope it was a good day out Mr. Peabody.  049:gif

MrProphet

Quote from: Peabody on August 30, 2014, 06:35:25 PM
And have to say what a brilliant first half we had, just spoilt by not taking our chances. Cardiff improved in the second period but still onl had one shot on goal, cannot recall Marcus having to make one save.

I agree completely but I think your first sentence may be true of alot of games this year. We desperately need a goalscorer if mccormack is going to play out wide because I hate to say it but woodrow and dembele are just not ready

terryr

I think Woodrow was very poor. The boy just isn't strong enough to convert the chances.
He just isn't ready.
Demble was on the pitch but not a threat at any time.
Again he isn't ready.

something_amusing

Quote from: TerryR on August 30, 2014, 06:40:49 PM
I think Woodrow was very poor. The boy just isn't strong enough to convert the chances.
He just isn't ready.
Again he isn't ready.

I kind of half agree. He is not a goal scorer at the moment but makes some touches and uses the ball well. needs to grow into his body a bit and be more selfish

RidgeRider

Quote from: TerryR on August 30, 2014, 06:40:49 PM
He just isn't ready.
Again he isn't ready.

Agreed. I think Woodrow and Dembele need to be eased into this league and lineup, late subs or odd starts when we have fixture congestion. We need another stronger man up front for now.

Peabody

Woodrow  being fed the wrong type of ball, it should have been to his chest and feet, not the high balls for him to head on

andyk

Quote from: MrProphet on August 30, 2014, 06:39:06 PM

I agree completely but I think your first sentence may be true of alot of games this year. We desperately need a goalscorer if mccormack is going to play out wide because I hate to say it but woodrow and dembele are just not ready

Indeed, why don't we spend another 10 million quid on a top goalscorer

MrProphet

Quote from: andyk on August 30, 2014, 06:52:36 PM

If we want to get out of the league then it may take that. Goals get you out of the championship and unfortunately woodrow and dembele won't get many

Riverside

Agreed a great 1st half

Agreed that we could do with some more goal threat .

A big CF with Champions League pedigree would be perfect

Oh wait are we not trying to get rid of one ?!

BYW I thought Woodrow put in a great shift . Real commitment and effort .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyk

Quote from: MrProphet on August 30, 2014, 06:53:58 PM
Quote from: andyk on August 30, 2014, 06:52:36 PM

If we want to get out of the league then it may take that. Goals get you out of the championship and unfortunately woodrow and dembele won't get many

We could start by trying the guy who cost 11 million quid in the starting position which in which he has played his entire career, instead of sticking him on the wing.