watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There is something fishy going on

Started by St Eve, August 30, 2014, 06:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Our players are just disappearing without trace. Where are Ruiz, Mitrogluo, Taggart, Kaca and Trotta? Not in the first team, not on the bench, not sold and not loaned out. Just gone

RidgeRider

Taggart has been hurt, been widely reported on this site.

Ruiz and Mitro likely being sold, so no point risking injuring them until the window is closed. Kaca not good enough and Trotta is behind our other strikers.

Makes sense to me.

FPT

Taggart is injured.

Ruiz and Mitroglou don't want to be here, Felix doesn't want Trotta and Trotta handed in a transfer request earlier on in the window - Felix doesn't fancy Kaca.

Simple.

res

Bit of a non conspiracy. Ruiz and Mitro we know about, Taggart injured but coming back to fitness as per Felix update, Kaka came on as sub. against Derby, Trotta played, and scored, in the Under 21 team this season.

So no disappearance

Pluto

What about Tunicliffe, Cole and Amorebieta?

Craven Mad

Quote from: Pluto on August 30, 2014, 07:15:28 PM
What about Tunicliffe, Cole and Amorebieta?

Supposedly Amore and Hugo are going to be shifted (as long as we pay some of their wages to go). Tunni has been relegated to the U21s, but is playing well enough to be brought up (whether Felix does play him is another matter though). And, finally, to the best of my knowledge, Cole is allowed to leave.

After today, from those players, I think Tunni and Hugo (although I've heard his wages are ridiculously high) could still be of use to us. I won't be too disappointed to see Amore go. Shame Cole never got a chance.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

After today, from those players, I think Tunni and Hugo (although I've heard his wages are ridiculously high) could still be of use to us. I won't be too disappointed to see Amore go. Shame Cole never got a chance.
[/quote]

I was thinking Amour could be the 'tough guy' we need in CDM, but Hoogland seems to be making that his own with Tunnicliffe
perhaps waiting in the wings
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Craven Mad

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 30, 2014, 07:36:12 PM
I was thinking Amour could be the 'tough guy' we need in CDM, but Hoogland seems to be making that his own with Tunnicliffe
perhaps waiting in the wings

I think LoveBite would be the 'clumsy guy', rather than 'tough guy', in CDM.

He's never been agile enough for my liking. But, I'll accept, that like many of our recent CBs, Amore is a divisive character and my prejudices may be clouding my judgement..

Still, I'm expecting him to go this window.

Logicalman

Quote from: St Eve on August 30, 2014, 06:55:04 PM
Our players are just disappearing without trace. Where are Ruiz, Mitrogluo, Taggart, Kaca and Trotta? Not in the first team, not on the bench, not sold and not loaned out. Just gone

You've obviously not seen MiB IV have you? They just went home, that's all.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Humbled

would love to see Hugo in the starling line up.....
would have had him up top instead of Woodrow today.

Kaca and Hugo were sitting in the cottage

cmg

This nonsense of players 'disappearing' or being 'frozen out' is another fanatasy that has surfaced this season and somehow gained a folowing.

As has been the case for many, many years only 11 players can start. An additional 3 may play. An unused 4 will remain on the bench. This gives us 18 players who can be in the matchday squad. Given a squad of 30 (which we currently have) this means that 12 players will not be in the squad. This will be the case each and every week, unless the first team squad number changes. The manager will tend to pick those he considers the best players for the job and the least favoured players will tend to be left out more often than not. Due to the current manager being unsure of his 'best' team more players than usual have comprised the match day squads so far this season.

Cogent reasons have been given in the posts above for why various players have not, so far, been included. I would add that Kacaniklic played as recently as last week.

In 2004/5 (for example) Leacock, Bonnissel, Lawless, Pratley, Timlin, Buari, Doherty, Noble, Ehui all had squad numbers but never appeared in any matchday squad. Nobody was then concocting conspiracy theories over their absence. But then we didn't then have the 'benefit' of internet forums to keep us up to speed with the latest craziness.

MasterHaynes

Taggart is not near the first team regardless of whether he is injured or not. He looked what he is a keen young player that has a lot to learn. When he came on at Crawley he looked keen but very raw he is making a huge jump up despite being a sub in the world cup. It would be better for him and Fulham if he got to grips with English football first playing in the U21's

SouthIslandWhite

Lots of good insight here to all you fine gentlemen who posted here.  Thanks, like that Trotta bit, I learned quite a bit.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

The Rock

All of dem zee all frozen out. Zee best players must wait till we try all of zee youth.

Felix out.

Forever Fulham

Ruiz beat England WC team.  Ruiz apparently not good enough to play on a Championship team, though.  Ruiz took down Italy.  Ruiz not good enough to play on a Championship team though.  Ask yourself if wins right now are more important than the off chance he might get hurt in the process, reducing is trade value by a few million.  We need goals now; we need points now.

Arthur

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 31, 2014, 01:04:59 AM
Ruiz beat England WC team.  Ruiz apparently not good enough to play on a Championship team, though.  Ruiz took down Italy.  Ruiz not good enough to play on a Championship team though.  Ask yourself if wins right now are more important than the off chance he might get hurt in the process, reducing is trade value by a few million.  We need goals now; we need points now.

Ruiz enhanced his reputation at the World Cup. He doesn't need to play in the Championship in order to alert potential buyers to what he can do. I can understand why we wouldn't pick a player whose first objective would be to ensure that he got through the game unscathed so as not to scupper his chances of a move.

The Bronsons

Quote from: Arthur on August 31, 2014, 01:43:33 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 31, 2014, 01:04:59 AM

Ruiz enhanced his reputation at the World Cup. He doesn't need to play in the Championship in order to alert potential buyers to what he can do. I can understand why we wouldn't pick a player whose first objective would be to ensure that he got through the game unscathed so as not to scupper his chances of a move.

Plus, Ruiz is a fine player if he has time. Time is what you don't get against Championship teams because the one thing they do really well is close down, quickly.

blingo

RUIZ DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR FULHAM Read the line over and over again until you understand it.

alfie

Quote from: The Rock on August 31, 2014, 12:59:51 AM
All of dem zee all frozen out. Zee best players must wait till we try all of zee youth.

Felix out.

wow your German is fantastic, or were you just trying to be funny?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on August 31, 2014, 09:28:50 AM
Quote from: The Rock on August 31, 2014, 12:59:51 AM

Felix out.

wow your German is fantastic, or were you just trying to be funny?

No, he actually is German.