more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still not convinced part 2

Started by SouthWest6, August 30, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

premFlem

Quote from: TrexFFC on August 31, 2014, 04:40:18 AM
I'm trying to be positive as possible. It could be worse right now.  We could still have zero points.  We'll have to hope Felix keeps putting out mostly the same lineup that way the team is able to continue to build on these performances. (I'm not sure I am capable of that kind of hope.)  It is imperative that we at least get a draw against Reading otherwise we will definitely be in some serious trouble.  The experimenting needs to be stopped and that goes with the substitutions as well. Substitutions are supposed to come on to make an impact. It's not for random players on the bench to be thrown in and confuse the starting eleven.
Experimenting cant be just stopped we might be getting 3-4 new players shouldn't they be given a chance,  Chihi was a revelation to me ( a choice that takes pressure off young roberts) and the other subs seemed obvious david had run his socks off same as parker.    random players on the bench?
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

RaySmith

I feel we are moving in the right direction, and will start translating good performances into winning games.

TrexFFC

No I don't think all of those players should be unless they are absolutely amazing players and need to be thrown out there all at once. I would find that highly unlikely to be the case.  If you want to make 1-2 changes just to see what you have then I guess that's fine but at some point there needs to be consistency. Yeah I consider Chihi to be a random player on the bench.  I had no idea who he was and had no idea how he played the game until today. I'm sure it would have been hard to figure out his game considering his injury history.

ffc73

I thought we played well until Cardiff scored but never looked like scoring from open play.

We have an assortment of average journeymen and talented youngsters that are, IMO, are not being moulded into an effective team by a manager that is experimenting too much.  I would prefer Felix to decide on a system and a 'first team' and stick with it.  At least then, win or lose, I could see what he stood for.

Fully expect to only have 1 point after 7 games

I seem to have developed the same losing mentality as the club and have already started looking at the teams in Division 3 to work out how many new grounds I can go to next season

blingo

PokerMatt

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 30, 2014, 08:14:30 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 30, 2014, 08:10:00 PM
Quote from: jarv on August 30, 2014, 08:07:05 PM
Agree, it is already critical. Every loss now is more nails in the coffin. Soon, Fulham could be too far behind to catch up. Sorry. I know that sounds silly but when you are bottom, all the fixtures look tough. Players will be nervous, especially kids. Can we get Sidwell back on loan, he doesn't seem to be getting a game.

Quite correct as well. Although we do have what appears plenty of games to get this back on an even keel, every game that passes is two steps backwards.

I remember people saying that last season. Oh it's only 5 games in, we'll turn it around, it's only a matter of time, we'll be out the bottom 3 in a couple of games. Unfortunately, those couple of games never came and with 10 games remaining of what seemed to be a very quick passing season, we were right in the mire.
The difference here is we were playing terribly and losing. Never looked like winning games. We were second best in every game.

I strongly believe that performances are the important thing early on. You can scab a few wins (Sunderland and Palace last season) but if you're consistently the better team you'll win more than not. We should have beaten Ipswich, Millwall and Cardiff, which teams in the opening five games last season did we deserve to beat with our performances? None.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

Quote from: premFlem on August 31, 2014, 04:16:59 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 31, 2014, 02:24:04 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2014, 10:53:21 PM
So stop trying to convince me this is another new dawn. Show me a bit of sun before boasting that things are warmer.

To which contributor to this thread are you referring? I wonder because I can't see a single post here that gives that impression.
I think he merely pre-empted me saying that with 3 or 4 new signings/loans and our forwards remembering where the net is, things are about to start heating up.

If you just take one line from a post it will become confusing. The post starts off with 'I agree' which tradition dictates that I was referring the opening post of the thread unless quoted otherwise.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Quote from: FinFFC on August 30, 2014, 07:58:44 PM
Magath needs more time, baby steps, it's a transition, it's coming together, have patients, we'll click at some point.

Doctors need a lot of patients.

grandad

Quote from: Baszab on August 30, 2014, 10:50:37 PM
We should have gelled nicely for the Burton Albion home match next August 2015 - have patience for goodness sake all you critics - only 8 points off a play place and 41 matches to go - it's a marathon not a sprint etc etc ...........

So you reckon Burton will get promotion then. I didn´t realize that next season´s fixture list was already out.
Where there's a will there's a wife

blingo

What makes you such an authority that you comment in this way?