watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still not convinced part 2

Started by SouthWest6, August 30, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Sorry to bring doom and gloom to the forum on what seem to be quite a pleasant evening, but I'm still not convinced, sorry. Great first half, lots of positives, but the fact still remains that we can't kill off games, or at least put them to bed.

Cardiff weren't great, they don't seem to be a good side under Baby Face, who, will come up against his own critics this season, but we should of at least been 2-0 up before Jones was gifted that goal.

For me, it's another harsh lesson for Magath, who is finding out how unforgiving the Championship is, and a player like Jones, who I talked about all week, will only need one bite of the cheery.

That really was the difference between both sides, but we just seemed to huff and we puff our way to a draw, which could have quiet easily gone the other way.

At one point, I thought Magath seemed to be quite happy with the draw, with another couple of his odd substitutions, where I personally though Cardiff were there for the taking.

Still, the fact remains, that its only 1pt in 15 so far, which in my eye's isn't good enough. We're 2nd from bottom of the Championship, whilst teams like Notts Forrest are running away with it.

But, I'll be told once again, Magath needs more time, baby steps, it's a transition, it's coming together, have patients, we'll click at some point.

Fair enough, but IF we lose away to Reading and then Notts Forrest in the next 2 games and still remain with 1pt, the situation becomes critical in my eyes, not that it already is.

FinFFC

Magath needs more time, baby steps, it's a transition, it's coming together, have patients, we'll click at some point.

SouthWest6

Quote from: FinFFC on August 30, 2014, 07:58:44 PM
Magath needs more time, baby steps, it's a transition, it's coming together, have patients, we'll click at some point.

You can say I kind of asked for that

jarv

Agree, it is already critical. Every loss now is more nails in the coffin. Soon, Fulham could be too far behind to catch up. Sorry. I know that sounds silly but when you are bottom, all the fixtures look tough. Players will be nervous, especially kids. Can we get Sidwell back on loan, he doesn't seem to be getting a game.

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on August 30, 2014, 08:07:05 PM
Agree, it is already critical. Every loss now is more nails in the coffin. Soon, Fulham could be too far behind to catch up. Sorry. I know that sounds silly but when you are bottom, all the fixtures look tough. Players will be nervous, especially kids. Can we get Sidwell back on loan, he doesn't seem to be getting a game.

Quite correct as well. Although we do have what appears plenty of games to get this back on an even keel, every game that passes is two steps backwards.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

DeuceBigelow

We played well first half and should have buried it with Cauley's effort...
Riverside Block W

SouthWest6

Quote from: Logicalman on August 30, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

Quite correct as well. Although we do have what appears plenty of games to get this back on an even keel, every game that passes is two steps backwards.

I remember people saying that last season. Oh it's only 5 games in, we'll turn it around, it's only a matter of time, we'll be out the bottom 3 in a couple of games. Unfortunately, those couple of games never came and with 10 games remaining of what seemed to be a very quick passing season, we were right in the mire.

GrahamG

We hardly had an effort on target. When Cardiff equalized they looked by far the more likely winners. There was some nice stuff in the first half but no cutting edge and what the hell position was McCormack playing? Magath out!

Logicalman

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 30, 2014, 08:14:30 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 30, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

I remember people saying that last season. Oh it's only 5 games in, we'll turn it around, it's only a matter of time, we'll be out the bottom 3 in a couple of games. Unfortunately, those couple of games never came and with 10 games remaining of what seemed to be a very quick passing season, we were right in the mire.

Exactly, lest we forget.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

nose

when?
Felix's substitutions prove he has not a clue!

Baszab

We should have gelled nicely for the Burton Albion home match next August 2015 - have patience for goodness sake all you critics - only 8 points off a play place and 41 matches to go - it's a marathon not a sprint etc etc ...........

Lighthouse

Agree and I am a bit bored of hoping that suddenly we have reached the turning point. I keep repeating the same thing. But I did have hope after two matches and then we played like strangers and then we had some odd subs this afternoon just to keep the doubts going.

This is awful and we hope that we turn things around. But for years I was told that I was being negative and to get behind the side. Well I am still being told the same thing. It is not up to the fans ANY MORE. It is up to this poorly run football club to show the fans they may have found a way to turn things around. Right now we are a poor Championship side. So stop trying to convince me this is another new dawn. Show me a bit of sun before boasting that things are warmer.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthIslandWhite

Face it, we will no doubt improve, but any chance of immediately bouncing back to the Prem said bye-bye to us a long time ago.  Sorry, but we are still paying for last season and this will get worse before it gets better.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

The Rock

It is already getting better. I expect 4 points from our next 5 games and to be within one game of being out of the bottom 3.

I haven't been posting because I've just lost all hope in Felix.

Arthur

Quote from: nose on August 30, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

when?
Felix's substitutions prove he has not a clue!

Instead of jumping on the comment, read the OP; it's only a joke.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2014, 10:53:21 PM
So stop trying to convince me this is another new dawn. Show me a bit of sun before boasting that things are warmer.

To which contributor to this thread are you referring? I wonder because I can't see a single post here that gives that impression.

Arthur

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 30, 2014, 07:30:44 PM
Sorry to bring doom and gloom to the forum on what seem to be quite a pleasant evening, but I'm still not convinced...

That's okay. As somebody who has not yet called for Magath's departure, I wasn't anticipating for one moment that a 1-1 draw at home would convince those who want him sacked to change their minds.

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 30, 2014, 07:30:44 PM
Still, the fact remains, that its only 1pt in 15 so far, which in my eye's isn't good enough.   

Again, let me assure you that 1 point from 15 isn't good enough in my eyes, either.

Logicalman

Agree and I am a bit bored of hoping that suddenly we have reached the turning point. I keep repeating the same thing. But I did have hope after two matches and then we played like strangers and then we had some odd subs this afternoon just to keep the doubts going.

This is awful and we hope that we turn things around. But for years I was told that I was being negative and to get behind the side. Well I am still being told the same thing. It is not up to the fans ANY MORE. It is up to this poorly run football club to show the fans they may have found a way to turn things around. Right now we are a poor Championship side. So stop trying to convince me this is another new dawn. Show me a bit of sun before boasting that things are warmer.

I don't think there is a turning point, or a corner, I think its a long (too long) curve that will take us until the end of the season. Unfortunately we don't really know whether well be on the same road by that time or the one that reads 'relegation'.  It's just so much fun having the anticipation each week, isn't it? It isn't? Oh well, I tried.  :Get Coat gif:

premFlem

Quote from: Arthur on August 31, 2014, 02:24:04 AM
So stop trying to convince me this is another new dawn. Show me a bit of sun before boasting that things are warmer.

To which contributor to this thread are you referring? I wonder because I can't see a single post here that gives that impression.
I think he merely pre-empted me saying that with 3 or 4 new signings/loans and our forwards remembering where the net is, things are about to start heating up.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

TrexFFC

I'm trying to be positive as possible. It could be worse right now.  We could still have zero points.  We'll have to hope Felix keeps putting out mostly the same lineup that way the team is able to continue to build on these performances. (I'm not sure I am capable of that kind of hope.)  It is imperative that we at least get a draw against Reading otherwise we will definitely be in some serious trouble.  The experimenting needs to be stopped and that goes with the substitutions as well. Substitutions are supposed to come on to make an impact. It's not for random players on the bench to be thrown in and confuse the starting eleven.