Main Menu

Progress, at last

Started by Skatzoffc, August 30, 2014, 08:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Wow! A very entertaining game...

Imo,

Defensivley sorted:-
Burn awesome. The new Hangeland. Commanding, vocal, authoritative, but above all SAFE.
Bodurov. An excellent lieutenant. Drops in behind. Good distribution.
Stafffy. Has to play left back every game. None of this Left wing crap when we have perfectly effective wingers.
Voser. Terrible crosses but quick solid play throughout the game. Excellent tackling.
Goalkeeper. Bettinelli was great. Solid. Less nervous than Yoronen. Excellent catching. Good distribution. Great kicking.

Midfield:-
Hyndman. Awesome. We need to tie this kid into a 5 year contract before Arsenal sign him. 1st touch amazing. Simple effective passing. Always wants the ball. Always finding space. Always knows where everyone is before he gets the ball, (a la Murphy). Outstanding! MOTM imo.
Parker had a good game (esp 1st half). Could/would/should have got us the 2nd (and decisive) goal with the right pass.
David. Excellent work rate. Tired mid-way thro the 2nd half but not surprising.
Hoogland. Had a great game. Excellent work rate and chasing back/closing down.

Forwards:-
McCormack. Very good work rate. Closing defenders and midfielders excellent. Becoming fitter every game.
Woodrow. Excellent. Tireless work rate throughout.

Imo, we should have got the 2nd goal to kill off the game before they equalized. We had chances to do so but didn't take them. This will come.

Imo, Roberts should have come on, (instead of Chihi). I believe he would have terrified their tired CB's into errors/Pens.

We should have, and deserved to to get the win imo.

Overall, very promising stuff as long as Mr Magoo doesn't drop all the players who excelled today.
Which has been his want of late.

COYW!!!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Humbled

agree with most....
only thing I don't really was Woodrow, as I said in a few other posts, he tries hard and makes a challenge for every ball but I felt in terms of being in the game (with the ball) he was making up the numbers.
His runs off the shoulder were great and just unlucky that he was offside every time (the were close from where I was sitting)

Having said all that though we could have had a player up there that didn't even challenge and we wouldn't have won half the 2nd balls we did today.

PokerMatt

Little harsh on Woodrow I think Humbled.

Agree he's far from the finished article but he comes across as a great type of player for a manager to have available. Not afraid to do the dirty work up front, the less noticeable stuff. Closest player we've had to Zamora I think. When McCormack starts firing I think they'll be a good duo.
Follow me: @mattdjourno