watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

**Transfer Deadline Day 01/09/2014** : Merged

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 31, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Perhaps it would be prudent to wait until the window closes before jumping up and down criticising. Do you know which players we may or may not be actually speaking to? ...........Thought not.

mangoputney

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2014, 05:18:06 PM
Its been very disappointing at Fulham for about 2 years now, pretty much from when Hughes left. None of our transfer windows have gone right, we've lost all our key players. The internal harmony at the club has totally been destroyed. We've played terrible football on the whole, been relegated, and now are struggling badly in the Championship.

I dont understand the McCormack signing if you're not going to go all out for promotion this season. It doesnt make any sense

+1

how sick are you of hearing about the McCormack fee... wish they'd bang on about how much wedge is now in Khan'ts back pocket
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

premFlem

To many assumptions based on bias,  lets see what actually occurs.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 01, 2014, 05:19:56 PM
At this rate we're going to need to do another rebuild next year...
no, we are building a team to reach top ten in the prem. Felix said so
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jelmo

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 05:23:22 PM
Perhaps it would be prudent to wait until the window closes before jumping up and down criticising. Do you know which players we may or may not be actually speaking to? ...........Thought not.

I think you have too much faith in the current management. Havent seen anything in the last 3 years to make me think this TDD will be anything other than an embarrassing shambles.

Its not as if there are any recent examples to call on of good transfer policy at this club

fulhamben

track record, suggest not very good ones

westcliff white

If FM is advising on who to buy then he leaves a lot to be desired it seems, Ali Mac said to one of us fans at the station at the weekend he is out in the cold so surely he isn't doing them, so who ever is doing them if it is not FM or Ali Mac needs a severe kick up the backside,
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthWest6

I know for a fact we're speaking to Hudson, have been for a week or 2 now. Whether it comes off or not is a different kettle of fish, but yes, that really is our level, and I will criticise the Club for talking to players of that caliber.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2014, 05:23:16 PMIt also looks like we're releasing Rodallega, a proven international forward in his peak years, on a free transfer....this is to go with our captain, whom we also let join a premier league club for free and Stockdale, a proven keeper at this level who went to a divisional rival for peanuts.

Oh please! Rodallega has been nothing short of disappointing since he joined the club, Hangeland was well past his best and awful last season. And Stockdale? Ok but not a top quality keeper.

Any manager worth his corn would have shifted all three, with the caveat of getting a replacement lined up for Stockdale

I'm no fan of Magath but these players have failed miserably and have to be moved on. It's what we all wanted all summer.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

jelmo

Looks like the Bolton fans are ecstatic about the possibility of getting rid of Beckford if you look at their twitter response...  We would be doing them a massive favour.

westcliff white

my issue is we should have signed players early even if we had to pay slightly over the top, we would have been a lot more attractive to a lot of players having just been relegated rather than now when we are struggling at the start of the season

jelmo

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on September 01, 2014, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2014, 05:23:16 PMIt also looks like we're releasing Rodallega, a proven international forward in his peak years, on a free transfer....this is to go with our captain, whom we also let join a premier league club for free and Stockdale, a proven keeper at this level who went to a divisional rival for peanuts.

Oh please! Rodallega has been nothing short of disappointing since he joined the club, Hangeland was well past his best and awful last season. And Stockdale? Ok but not a top quality keeper.

Any manager worth his corn would have shifted all three, with the caveat of getting a replacement lined up for Stockdale

I'm no fan of Magath but these players have failed miserably and have to be moved on. It's what we all wanted all summer.

But we are in the championship now. Therefore the players mentioned above would be playing at a level that they could probably succeed at.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2014, 05:32:18 PM
my issue is we should have signed players early even if we had to pay slightly over the top, we would have been a lot more attractive to a lot of players having just been relegated rather than now when we are struggling at the start of the season

That is true: but no one would have expected us to be struggling quite as much. Hindsight is wonderful....

fulhamben

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on September 01, 2014, 05:34:19 PM

That is true: but no one would have expected us to be struggling quite as much. Hindsight is wonderful....
? Quite a few predicted it, not me though because I thought we might of actually had a decent window after shads comments.

grandad

Fulham midfielder Alex Kacaniklic will join FC Copenhagen on loan until the new year. #FFC #deadlineday

Another one bites the dust.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on September 01, 2014, 05:34:19 PM

yes it is, but the fact is it was obvious we should have got in early with some signings and we didn't, we focused on those wanting to go or who the cub wanted to leave.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: jelmo on September 01, 2014, 05:33:52 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on September 01, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

But we are in the championship now. Therefore the players mentioned above would be playing at a level that they could probably succeed at.

On premiership wages.

Any other manager would have made the same decision IMO.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Julius Geezer

Interesting to see Eyong Enoh signed for Standard Liege on Saturday.

He looked a good player when he was loaned to us.

If we had offered a good wage, bonus etc. he might have been interested but probably hasnt been on Ali Mac's radar since.

Roberty

Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2014, 05:23:16 PM
The fact that the likes of Hull City and QPR are signing Abel Hernandez and Sandro and we're going after a guy who's spent most of his career in non-league and who's claim to fame is he once played well for Oldham, plus a 31 year old journeyman has-been and a 6th centre-back, just shows how far we've fallen. Imagine the players we could be signing right now if Khan hadn't been so utterly incompetent this time last season?

It also looks like we're releasing Rodallega, a proven international forward in his peak years, on a free transfer....this is to go with our captain, whom we also let join a premier league club for free and Stockdale, a proven keeper at this level who went to a divisional rival for peanuts. Just who do we have working at the club that we're prepared to accept this? I'm pretty sure I could get better deals for these players myself!

I just pray that the windows shuts before any more players who would be quality under any decent manager, and will undoubtedly become useful once we've finally got rid of Magath, are allowed to leave for nothing.

At the end of the day we can only sign the player who would agree to come here and that is the same for every club at every level

I tend to think that Khan believed what MAF told him and didn't catch on to how many pensioners we had on our books until it was too late. At the moment he has the intent to put it right and although he may have to change tack he is focused on getting back into the Premier League.

You said it all - Rodallega - in his peak years - you would have to look hard to find any of those - our former captain - are you serious - did you watch any of his performances last season - Stockdale - a proven keeper - what is the point in keeping him if you want to develop young talent - he may have had an OK season at Hull but they did not want to keep him and none of our merry-go-round of managers ever fancied him.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

grandad

Not a word yet about Rodallega, Lovebite or Ruiz
Where there's a will there's a wife