Main Menu

**Transfer Deadline Day 01/09/2014** : Merged

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 31, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2014, 05:37:52 PM
Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on September 01, 2014, 05:34:19 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2014, 05:32:18 PM
my issue is we should have signed players early even if we had to pay slightly over the top, we would have been a lot more attractive to a lot of players having just been relegated rather than now when we are struggling at the start of the season

That is true: but no one would have expected us to be struggling quite as much. Hindsight is wonderful....
yes it is, but the fact is it was obvious we should have got in early with some signings and we didn't, we focused on those wanting to go or who the cub wanted to leave.

I don't disagree with that. Just making the point that the fact we are less attractive now to a potential player compared to a few weeks ago, since we are struggling so badly. could not really have been predicted.

But yes, many many reasons to get the business done earlier if it could have been.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 05:23:22 PM
Perhaps it would be prudent to wait until the window closes before jumping up and down criticising. Do you know which players we may or may not be actually speaking to? ...........Thought not.

Totally agree.

Wait until the window closes before having a moan. At the moment it's not doing anyone's blood pressure any good just moaning about rumours.

SouthWest6

Quote from: grandad on September 01, 2014, 05:40:55 PM
Not a word yet about Rodallega, Lovebite or Ruiz

Lovebites deal with Granada fell through, Club are desperately trying to push through the Ruiz move to Bremen.

westcliff white

leeds sign a striker, maybe Matt Smith on his way to us?
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthWest6

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 01, 2014, 05:41:01 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 05:23:22 PM
Perhaps it would be prudent to wait until the window closes before jumping up and down criticising. Do you know which players we may or may not be actually speaking to? ...........Thought not.

Totally agree.

Wait until the window closes before having a moan. At the moment it's not doing anyone's blood pressure any good just moaning about rumours.

The Hudson deal isn't a rumor, we've been talking to the player for the last 2 weeks now. It's Cardiff being awkward by all accounts, or it'd be done by now. 

Julius Geezer

westcliff white

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 01, 2014, 05:43:29 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 01, 2014, 05:40:55 PM
Not a word yet about Rodallega, Lovebite or Ruiz

Lovebites deal with Granada fell through, Club are desperately trying to push through the Ruiz move to Bremen.
unless we loan him with no fee to Bremen it is unlikely it will go through, they literally have no money.

SouthWest6

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2014, 05:43:47 PM

Or maybe they are just adding another striker and we go for Beckford?

fulhamben

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 01, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
Holtby loaned to Hamburg, good luck to him.
yes good luck to him, I much prefer david in that role though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 01, 2014, 05:51:48 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2014, 05:43:47 PM

Or maybe they are just adding another striker and we go for Beckford?
possibly but our main forward target as i read it is Smith

filham

Well just over five hours to go, can someone bring us up to date on the moves.

Mitroglou gone on loan ??
Ruiz still with us
Rodders still with us
Lovebite still with us
No new target man
no new CM
Parker still with us
Kaca gone on loan
Roberts still with us

Not much happened yet, suspect the next five hours could be bad for us.

westcliff white

westcliff white

With 5 hours to go how many do we think we will get in, so far today links to the below

Amos
Hudson
Mcgugan
Gonzalez of lazio
Smith
Beckford

Julius Geezer

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2014, 05:52:17 PM
I'd probably agree, now - David's come on leaps and bounds, ideal for this league.

I don't think we could of depended on him last season though.

fulhamben

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 01, 2014, 05:58:41 PM
I'd probably agree, now - David's come on leaps and bounds, ideal for this league.

it couldn't have been any worse if we did though

Humbled

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on September 01, 2014, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2014, 05:23:16 PMIt also looks like we're releasing Rodallega, a proven international forward in his peak years, on a free transfer....this is to go with our captain, whom we also let join a premier league club for free and Stockdale, a proven keeper at this level who went to a divisional rival for peanuts.

Oh please! Rodallega has been nothing short of disappointing since he joined the club, Hangeland was well past his best and awful last season. And Stockdale? Ok but not a top quality keeper.

Any manager worth his corn would have shifted all three, with the caveat of getting a replacement lined up for Stockdale

I'm no fan of Magath but these players have failed miserably and have to be moved on. It's what we all wanted all summer.

When Rodders played through the middle he did well. I don't see the point in playing him in pre season and then come the start of the season we don't want him.
Either way, he is a good striker and would do well ahead of Ross. We have a lot of talented youngsters but it would seem most think they are better than they are. Rodders should be in ahead of Woodrow.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Humbled on September 01, 2014, 06:01:55 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2014, 05:23:16 PMIt also looks like we're releasing Rodallega, a proven international forward in his peak years, on a free transfer....this is to go with our captain, whom we also let join a premier league club for free and Stockdale, a proven keeper at this level who went to a divisional rival for peanuts.

Oh please! Rodallega has been nothing short of disappointing since he joined the club, Hangeland was well past his best and awful last season. And Stockdale? Ok but not a top quality keeper.

Any manager worth his corn would have shifted all three, with the caveat of getting a replacement lined up for Stockdale

I'm no fan of Magath but these players have failed miserably and have to be moved on. It's what we all wanted all summer.

When Rodders played through the middle he did well. I don't see the point in playing him in pre season and then come the start of the season we don't want him.
Either way, he is a good striker and would do well ahead of Ross. We have a lot of talented youngsters but it would seem most think they are better than they are. Rodders should be in ahead of Woodrow.

I don't think it's a case of not wanting Rodders, it's more the case that he doesn't want to be here, period. As the summers gone on, he's got more and disgruntled about being kept, so I think the Club are getting rid. 

Julius Geezer

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2014, 06:00:36 PM

It could, we would've had a point less after Holtby ran the game at Old Trafford!

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 01, 2014, 06:03:46 PM
Quote from: Humbled on September 01, 2014, 06:01:55 PM

I don't think it's a case of not wanting Rodders, it's more the case that he doesn't want to be here, period. As the summers gone on, he's got more and disgruntled about being kept, so I think the Club are getting rid. 
i think the club are getting rid cos he is worth something and is on decent wages. We will have one of the cheapest wage bills in the league by the time the window shuts

fulhamben

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 01, 2014, 06:06:07 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2014, 06:00:36 PM

It could, we would've had a point less after Holtby ran the game at Old Trafford!
or we could of had 6 points more if david played and we might have stayed up. No offs or butts, the team we used last season failed and got us relegated.