more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Grass

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 31, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius Geezer

The best I played on was at Ipswich.

They not only have an excellent playing surface at Portman Road, but their training pitches are equally good!

glenhodgso

It appears the best of recent times was undoubtedly sold by Wayne to Freddie at Loxfest...

Berserker

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 01, 2014, 05:46:10 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2014, 05:43:11 PM
It is often said that the grass is always greener on the other side. But I suspect that may not always be the case.

it's not.  I just looked over the fence and my neighbour's grass is the same colour,

Attempt at a joke, courtesy of VIZ (about 20 years ago)
Well one side of me is gravel, a bit oriental as they also have Bamboo, the other side have just had plastic grass put down. As my garden is a nature come cottage garden I have so many sparrows on my fat balls it's unbelievable
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2014, 10:52:08 AM
The best grass is not in Colorado, and never has been, Colorado plains are covered in Buffalo poo, the best grass is in my back garden, it's like a snooker table without the pockets.

I was referencing the fact Colorado has legalized marijuana, which many nicknames include, "grass"
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on September 01, 2014, 08:49:29 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 01, 2014, 05:46:10 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2014, 05:43:11 PM
It is often said that the grass is always greener on the other side. But I suspect that may not always be the case.

it's not.  I just looked over the fence and my neighbour's grass is the same colour,

Attempt at a joke, courtesy of VIZ (about 20 years ago)
Well one side of me is gravel, a bit oriental as they also have Bamboo, the other side have just had plastic grass put down. As my garden is a nature come cottage garden I have so many sparrows on my fat balls it's unbelievable

Tadah. Forget the stability or otherwise of the club that was hilarious. Milky bars are on you for Reading.

Shredhead

It's topics like this that make this Forum unmissable.
I'm not a big fan of the criss cross pattern of mowing but I do like the concentric circles pattern with the centre spot as the bullseye.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Shredhead on September 02, 2014, 01:17:03 AM
It's topics like this that make this Forum unmissable.
I'm not a big fan of the criss cross pattern of mowing but I do like the concentric circles pattern with the centre spot as the bullseye.

You're right, the circles are very 'Gong'

For those who don't know Gong, you should listen to Pothead Pixies and Shamal.
They were a 70's French/English band with a huge cult following, bit off the wall
but marvellous music
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

The last two youth clubs I was involved with are using a hybrid called T10-Bermuda.  A lot of clubs in the States are using this grass because it can quickly be repaired as it fills in faster and thicker then most other grasses.  It looks, feels and plays great.  In the winter when it turns brown and goes dormant they over seed with rye grass. 

For the home up north in the states we used a tall fescue.  Down here in the south we use a zoysia grass which looks like Bermuda but tolerates the heat better. 

All of the above types of grasses can be purchased from local growers and unlike Colorado grass do not require a medical prescription. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?