watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think

Started by blingo, September 01, 2014, 03:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

that Cauley W has cost us games this season with his misses? Do you think he needs more time, or that we need someone in his place with more experience? I'm not knocking the kid, he has a long career to go at FFC, but is he ready or not quite?

nose

no  i do not agree. I think he is a very good player, but young and needs time to learn to relax in front of goal. Further I think we are better team and more likely to do well with him in the side than being replaced.

SimpleTactics

I think he should be loaned out. Need goals right now and dont think he is ready. Want Mccormack + target man to  be our strikers.

Lighthouse

Players make mistakes but he is always a willing player and battler. By all means bring in a player of a different type but Woodrow has great potential to do well at Fulham
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

I think he and Dembele need to stay in our setup and get experience at this level. They can be late impact subs and get the odd 'fixture congestion' start to gain more experience and to develop into more physical strikers.

blingo

You can include Roberts in with those two Mr RR

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 01, 2014, 03:25:17 PM
I think he and Dembele need to stay in our setup and get experience at this level. They can be late impact subs and get the odd 'fixture congestion' start to gain more experience and to develop into more physical strikers.

This is the case, I believe, with all of our young players....to one degree or another. For instance, I think Hyndman is likely the closest to being week in week out starter ready - Burn aside. But I'd also continue to play him two or three games on and one off. He's never played this kind of a season before against these kinds of players and needs to play his way into shape for this challenge.

Same with Dembele, Roberts, both Williams. I think Burgess and Kavanagh need a season with the U21s before featuring for us.

Woodrow is in a special situation. I think he's likely better and fits our system better than any other current option. I think he's going to have to take his lumps and find his form on the playing field.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Woodrow is an excellent talent, and feel we really lost our way when he went off.. Holds the ball up well, and is the focal point for us playing quick football.

I honestly struggle to see how Woodrow comes in for criticism when Mccormack has been far worse, but we all see thing's differently.

Fulham76

I'm not a massive fan of Woodrow, never have been, but plenty of people on here absolutely rave about him so maybe I'm missing something!

His goal scoring record at Southend wasn't great, so the premier league/championship is a massive step up for him. As someone else has said, he could do with going back out on loan but he's certainly not ready for a promotion/relegation fight in the championship.

blingo

I'm not criticizing him, just asking a question. He has got a great future but he needs to sharpen up his shooting skills, don't you think?

leonffc

McCormacks finishing hasn't exactly been top drawer so I think it may be a little early to judge Woodrow. If we get some wins under our belt and the team gets more confidence then hopefully so will our forwards but I dont see Woodrow just as a goal scorer, more of someone that a goal scorer can play off.

I dont think he should go out on loan either, he's certainly a good enough squad player even if he loses his first team spot.

RidgeRider

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 04:07:12 PM
I'm not criticizing him, just asking a question. He has got a great future but he needs to sharpen up his shooting skills, don't you think?

I certainly didn't take it as criticism. It is a good question at a good time. He seems to have the right size, athleticism and work rate, just needs to some polishing.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think it will come, he has been unlucky imo, lots of great last ditch tackles which have bounced kindly to the opposing.... we still seem to be having our fair share of bad fortune on that regard.

His loan spell at Southend is very hard to judge, as he was in and out of the team, and played out of position. I think he could still have a very good season with us, and is miles ahead of Dembele, who imo needs time with u21's as he looks really out of his depth.

I think if we look at our best football this season Woodrow has been involved, Ipswich last twenty minutes, Cardiff first half. He need's help up top as would all of our strikers, because they are not suited to playing 1 up top.

Maybe he does need a bit of composure (not the only one), but as I say I am sure it will come if he is given a chance.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 01, 2014, 04:03:34 PM
I think Woodrow is an excellent talent, and feel we really lost our way when he went off.. Holds the ball up well, and is the focal point for us playing quick football.

I honestly struggle to see how Woodrow comes in for criticism when Mccormack has been far worse, but we all see thing's differently.

He's a striker with 0 goals this season. It's fair to criticize. McCormack is a striker we've spent millions on. He merits he fair share of criticism as well.

They're our best options at the moment and will just have to play and find their shooting form.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

blingo

Quote from: leonffc on September 01, 2014, 04:14:48 PM
McCormacks finishing hasn't exactly been top drawer so I think it may be a little early to judge Woodrow. If we get some wins under our belt and the team gets more confidence then hopefully so will our forwards but I dont see Woodrow just as a goal scorer, more of someone that a goal scorer can play off.

I dont think he should go out on loan either, he's certainly a good enough squad player even if he loses his first team spot.

You are right Leon, he should stay with us and of course confidence makes all the difference. I personally think he needs a little more time and a bit of buffing up but like everything, if he don't play, how does he get that experience? Catch 22 eh?

leonffc

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2014, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: leonffc on September 01, 2014, 04:14:48 PM

You are right Leon, he should stay with us and of course confidence makes all the difference. I personally think he needs a little more time and a bit of buffing up but like everything, if he don't play, how does he get that experience? Catch 22 eh?

Very much catch 22. I wasnt suggesting he is dropped, just that if he is, he remains with us.

Lets not forget that Bobby Zamora anly scored one goal in his first season with us (I know he wasnt as young and raw as Cauley) but he still worked really hard for the team and brought other players into the play superbly. I dont think Woodrow has been poor, its just that he hasnt been brilliant...... who has?!?!
I'd stick with him, although I would have played Mitroglu instead of him but I'm not the boss.

Burt

I think that the more we play him, the better he will get. And that goes for many of the others too. This is very much a team in transition, with a bunch of people in there who are still in "development" mode.

Sammyffc

I understand that mccormack hasn't scored in the championship yet , but I'm surprised nobody on this thread has mentioned the fact he isn't even playing as a striker ! his shipped off to the wing , so what do you expect ?. Saturday was a prime example. He crossed the ball in the box more than anybody

MasterHaynes

Quoting JM 'You cannot be serious'.  I think everyone needs to get a grip, cost us points, really? Of Course McCormack hasn't missed any either. Are you expecting Cauley to have a 70% strike rate or more, better than any forward playing in England? He has missed 1 real chance against Brentford the others were half or slightly better chances.
I just dont know what some people on hear expect from any of our players let alone someone who has clearly created space for others and fought and won lost cause in every game as a lone striker.
Those rose tinted glasses people keep putting on when saying we need another Zamora keep forgetting just how dire he was except for one season, how poor his control was and as for his shooting, what was sung? 'When the ball hits your head....' Woodrow should be on the sheet every week, I'd rather have him than Smith from Leeds or any of the other forwards mentioned so far.

leonffc

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 01, 2014, 05:54:38 PM
I understand that mccormack hasn't scored in the championship yet , but I'm surprised nobody on this thread has mentioned the fact he isn't even playing as a striker ! his shipped off to the wing , so what do you expect ?. Saturday was a prime example. He crossed the ball in the box more than anybody

I've wrote and read about McCormack being played out on the wing and it really is absurd that last seasons most lethal striker has been bought to play on the wing but he should have at least hit the target with his early effort that curled about half a metre past post (IMO)