watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stevenage fans ambushed at New Malden stn on sat

Started by leonffc, September 01, 2014, 10:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Just been chatting to a mate / Stevenage fan and he said coming away from the Wimbledon game (in Kingston) on the train, they pulled into New Malden station and 15 to 20 blokes ran out of the Earl Beaty (unless theres another pub along there) on to the train and went up the carriages punching Stevenage fans. Normally I'd find that quite funny as I dont like Stevenage (joke) but he said the train was packed with screaming women and kids which is out of order.
He thought they were wimbledon that hadnt been to the game but from my limited experience of that pub they were probably ex Chelsea smackheads that cant afford to go anymore but fancied a bit of a rumble.
Anyone local heard anything?

Berserker

Wow that's awful.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

blingo

It's sad when they don't care about women and kids being there.

Berserker

Yeah that happened to me once after speed way, sometimes thugs don't care who they hit
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthfieldWhite

They would of had to of been quicker than usain bolt to run out of the earl Beaty to new Malden station mate.

Not heard anything about the incident, could well of been AFC Wimbledon as I doubt any Chelsea would bother doing that

leonffc

Quote from: epsomraver on September 01, 2014, 10:54:12 PM
Wrong location but this is what you are referring to, http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/kingstonnews/11444869.AFC_Wimbledon_fans_involved_in__dispute__on_train_home_from_match/

Not sure but he said they boarded Surbiton and the 'thugs' got on at New malden and stayed on the train for two stops or something.

leonffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 01, 2014, 11:01:06 PM
They would of had to of been quicker than usain bolt to run out of the earl Beaty to new Malden station mate.

Not heard anything about the incident, could well of been AFC Wimbledon as I doubt any Chelsea would bother doing that

I'm just going on the clientel when I met you in there mate. 70's Chelsea tops and all covered in scars!! The ohter three that were with me on that course are still traumatised at me dragging them in there.
Saying that, even with gary's ruined knees I reckon he would have ran out there quicker than usain Bolt if something had gone off in there that day.

Something obviously happened, whether they came from the direction of the EB, I dont know? He thought they were wimbledon and he said thay had 'football clobber' on, fully zipped up to the necks.

epsomraver

Quote from: leonffc on September 01, 2014, 11:03:52 PM
Wrong location but this is what you are referring to, http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/kingstonnews/11444869.AFC_Wimbledon_fans_involved_in__dispute__on_train_home_from_match/

Not sure but he said they boarded Surbiton and the 'thugs' got on at New malden and stayed on the train for two stops or something.
New Malden is the nearest station to AFC Wimbledon,  Raynes Park is the home of a lot of Filth fans so could be a bit of both.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on September 01, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

New Malden is the nearest station to AFC Wimbledon,  Raynes Park is the home of a lot of Filth fans so could be a bit of both.
076.gif

Norbiton is the nearest station ER, but New Malden is a short bus ride

Leon, the earl Beaty is a nice quiet pub compared to some I go in ;-)
Come down my Worcester Park club one day, you'll love all the Chelski fans in there ;-)

Burt

Burt Jr and I were at Wimbledon after the Cardiff match waiting for the Esher train and saw this... A Waterloo bound train had pulled in and there was a bit of a scuffle, shouting and chanting which spilled out of a carriage on to the platform and that was it really. Sounded much worse than it was, but can understand that it would have scared the other passengers.

leonffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 01, 2014, 11:17:59 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 01, 2014, 11:12:50 PM

076.gif

Norbiton is the nearest station ER, but New Malden is a short bus ride

Leon, the earl Beaty is a nice quiet pub compared to some I go in ;-)
Come down my Worcester Park club one day, you'll love all the Chelski fans in there ;-)

He said Norbiton but Ive never heard of it so pressumed it was surbiton. My ignorance!

leonffc

Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2014, 11:25:59 PM
Burt Jr and I were at Wimbledon after the Cardiff match waiting for the Esher train and saw this... A Waterloo bound train had pulled in and there was a bit of a scuffle, shouting and chanting which spilled out of a carriage on to the platform and that was it really. Sounded much worse than it was, but can understand that it would have scared the other passengers.

Think the problem was that they were on it for a couple of stops Burt.