watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds must despise us!

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 02, 2014, 12:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Acquiring Smith and McCormack, their most deadly pairing last year with 41 goals between them, and no replacement.

081.gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HatterDon

Quote from: maoconnor on September 02, 2014, 12:44:08 AM
Acquiring Smith and McCormack, their most deadly pairing last year with 41 goals between them, and no replacement.

081.gif

Yeah, they must really hate us for giving them all that money
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Supporters likely despise us, owners probably love us.

HatterDon

The last time that Fulham were in the third and second tiers, we were universally disliked as "a rich man's plaything buying their way to the top." Believe me, there wasn't a lot of love expended for The Whites by their rivals in those leagues.

It gave me quite a chuckle when the Russkie bought Chelsea and Fulham supporters made the same comments about The Undead.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2014, 12:57:13 AM

081.gif

True that, Don, true that. I suppose 500K for Smith those is next to nothing if his goals can win us a few games, it's the McCormack fee they love. Unsure of which strikers they have left to fill the void.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

beijing ben

Quote from: maoconnor on September 02, 2014, 02:53:29 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2014, 12:57:13 AM

081.gif

True that, Don, true that. I suppose 500K for Smith those is next to nothing if his goals can win us a few games, it's the McCormack fee they love. Unsure of which strikers they have left to fill the void.

They got a decent replacement in Billy Sharp (bought out his Southampton contract for 600,000) along with unknown quantities Ajose, Doukara, Antenucci and Montenegro..

dannyboi-ffc

I guess its a bit like our frustration with spurs. We get decent money but lose our good players- steed, davis, dembele, dempsey. Im sure the money means f all to leeds fans. Leeds are a big club so I take it as a compliment they both came to us. They must see something they like unless its money
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Pub Breath

Hello.

No, i'm afraid we don't despise you at all.  It isn't your fault that you were in a position to spend £11m on Ross, it's purely a product of the farce that is the Premier League and the amount of money they throw at teams for the achievement of being relegated.  Strip parachute payments out and Leeds comfortably have the largest resources in this division.  However, for years now, we've been hamstrung by a debt hangover and now that's gone, we are hamstrung by teams coming down with massive parachute payments.  That's the way things are so we accept it and move on.

You also couldn't possibly be more wrong about replacements for the pair.  Billy Sharp is the same age as Ross with an almost identicle goals to minutes ratio in this league.  He also works hard outside the box like Ross.  It's as close as a like for like as we could possibly have got.  Add to that Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro, Morison returning from Millwall, Ajose and a very exciting youth product call Walters and we have more options up front than I can ever recall.  We also still have Noel Hunt who it is rumoured is a striker but we're yet to see any evidence for that.  On top of that, we nearly signed a lad called Pavoletti but ran out of time in the window.  He was second top scorer in Serie B last season and the chances are, we'll probably bag him on loan.  Cellino loves a striker.  As much as Sharp's partner is still probably going to lack experience at this level, it's no different to this time last season when Smith had no experience at this level either but we just have many more options now.  Out of all them foreigners, one of them will work out. If that is somehow not the case, Morison has a much better scoring rate at this level than Smith so hard to see how we are worse off.

For what it's worth, Smith will probably serve you very well.  He's a lovely fella off the pitch but causes all sorts of problems in the box, on it.  He's a bit clumsy in possession and does dwell on the ball sometimes but he's really worked on his aerial ability and it's no surprise that this is where his strength is.  Put simply, if you get quality delivery into the box, he cannot fail but to score goals for you.  He's massive, taller than most centre backs but has the frame to hold off their attempts to knock him off balance.  He can now direct his headers much more accurately, so he'll score goals with the right balls in.  It's really very simple eh?

As much as i'm a bit gutted he left and the money we got for him was pish (although we really pulled your trousers down on Ross.  £11m?????) I think he had to go as Cellino has no intention of hiring a coach that plays long ball football and we don't have wingers and don't intend to play with them under him.

Ross, by the way, is a wonderful footballer for this level.  Keep the faith and he will come good.  I do believe he's good enough to play in the Premier League but time is fast running out for him.  I was very surprised he went to Fulham, there were supposedly a few PL teams interested in him so - all due respect and everything - I can only assume that you were willing to pay him the most.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Pub Breath on September 02, 2014, 02:55:22 PM
Hello.

No, i'm afraid we don't despise you at all.  It isn't your fault that you were in a position to spend £11m on Ross, it's purely a product of the farce that is the Premier League and the amount of money they throw at teams for the achievement of being relegated.  Strip parachute payments out and Leeds comfortably have the largest resources in this division.  However, for years now, we've been hamstrung by a debt hangover and now that's gone, we are hamstrung by teams coming down with massive parachute payments.  That's the way things are now.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about replacements though.  Billy Sharp is the same age as Ross with an almost identicle goals to minutes ratio in this league.  He also works hard outside the box like Ross.  It's as close as a like for like as we could possibly have got.  Add to that Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro, Morison returning from Millwall, Ajose and a very exciting youth product call Walters and we have more options up front than I can ever recall.  We also still have Noel Hunt who it is rumoured is a striker but we're yet to see any evidence for that.  On top of that, we nearly signed a lad called Pavoletti but ran out of time in the window.  He was second top scorer in Serie B last season and the chances are, we'll probably bag him on loan.  Cellino loves a striker.  As much as Sharp's partner is still probably going to lack experience at this level, it's no different to this time last season when Smith had no experience at this level either but we just have many more options now.  Out of all them foreigners, one of them will work out. If not, Morison has a much better scoring rate at this level than Smith so hard to see how we are worse off.

For what it's worth, Smith will probably serve you very well.  He's a lovely fella off the pitch but causes all sorts of problems in the box, on it.  He's a bit clumsy in possession and does dwell on the ball sometimes but he's really worked on his aerial ability and it's no surprise that this is where his strength is.  Put simply, if you get quality delivery into the box, he cannot fail but to score goals for you.  he's massive, taller than most centre backs but has the frame to hold off their attempts to knock him off balance.  He can down direct his headers much more accurately, so he'll score goals.  It's really very simple.

As much as i'm a bit gutted he left and the money we got for him was pish (although we really pulled your trousers down on Ross.  £11m?????) I think he had to go as Cellino has no intention of hiring a coach that plays long ball football and we don't have wingers and don't intend to play with them under him.

Ross, by the way, is a wonderful footballer for this level.  Keep the faith and he will come good.  I do believe he's good enough to play in the Premier League but time is fast running out for him.  I was very surprised he went to Fulham, there were supposedly a few PL teams interested in him so - all due respect and everything - I can only assume that you were willing to pay him the most.

Welcome and good luck for the season. You seem to have an odd chairman. Want an odd manager to go with him because we have one of those?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pub Breath

Welcome and good luck for the season. You seem to have an odd chairman. Want an odd manager to go with him because we have one of those?
[/quote]

Hi, cheers and back at you.  It's a tough league this one, prepare for a tough season.

Cellino is absolutely bonkers but he's also delivered us the most interesting, potentially very exciting and incredibly young squad i've seen at ER since O'Leary was here.  I think it's going to take a little time but I sort of sense his mad methods will eventually work and I haven't said that about my football club in 10 years.

You can keep Magath, we need someone willing to let Cellino tell him what to do, who to play and where to play him.  In short, Cellino will be manager and this bloke will take a few training sessions....

Can't see FM lasting very long.

RidgeRider

Hello.

No, i'm afraid we don't despise you at all.  It isn't your fault that you were in a position to spend £11m on Ross, it's purely a product of the farce that is the Premier League and the amount of money they throw at teams for the achievement of being relegated.  Strip parachute payments out and Leeds comfortably have the largest resources in this division.  However, for years now, we've been hamstrung by a debt hangover and now that's gone, we are hamstrung by teams coming down with massive parachute payments.  That's the way things are now.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about replacements though.  Billy Sharp is the same age as Ross with an almost identicle goals to minutes ratio in this league.  He also works hard outside the box like Ross.  It's as close as a like for like as we could possibly have got.  Add to that Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro, Morison returning from Millwall, Ajose and a very exciting youth product call Walters and we have more options up front than I can ever recall.  We also still have Noel Hunt who it is rumoured is a striker but we're yet to see any evidence for that.  On top of that, we nearly signed a lad called Pavoletti but ran out of time in the window.  He was second top scorer in Serie B last season and the chances are, we'll probably bag him on loan.  Cellino loves a striker.  As much as Sharp's partner is still probably going to lack experience at this level, it's no different to this time last season when Smith had no experience at this level either but we just have many more options now.  Out of all them foreigners, one of them will work out. If that is somehow not the case, Morison has a much better scoring rate at this level than Smith so hard to see how we are worse off.

For what it's worth, Smith will probably serve you very well.  He's a lovely fella off the pitch but causes all sorts of problems in the box, on it.  He's a bit clumsy in possession and does dwell on the ball sometimes but he's really worked on his aerial ability and it's no surprise that this is where his strength is.  Put simply, if you get quality delivery into the box, he cannot fail but to score goals for you.  he's massive, taller than most centre backs but has the frame to hold off their attempts to knock him off balance.  He can now direct his headers much more accurately, so he'll score goals with the right balls in.  It's really very simple.

Welcome to the board and thanks for the great post.

Pub Breath

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 02, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
Hello.

No, i'm afraid we don't despise you at all.  It isn't your fault that you were in a position to spend £11m on Ross, it's purely a product of the farce that is the Premier League and the amount of money they throw at teams for the achievement of being relegated.  Strip parachute payments out and Leeds comfortably have the largest resources in this division.  However, for years now, we've been hamstrung by a debt hangover and now that's gone, we are hamstrung by teams coming down with massive parachute payments.  That's the way things are now.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about replacements though.  Billy Sharp is the same age as Ross with an almost identicle goals to minutes ratio in this league.  He also works hard outside the box like Ross.  It's as close as a like for like as we could possibly have got.  Add to that Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro, Morison returning from Millwall, Ajose and a very exciting youth product call Walters and we have more options up front than I can ever recall.  We also still have Noel Hunt who it is rumoured is a striker but we're yet to see any evidence for that.  On top of that, we nearly signed a lad called Pavoletti but ran out of time in the window.  He was second top scorer in Serie B last season and the chances are, we'll probably bag him on loan.  Cellino loves a striker.  As much as Sharp's partner is still probably going to lack experience at this level, it's no different to this time last season when Smith had no experience at this level either but we just have many more options now.  Out of all them foreigners, one of them will work out. If that is somehow not the case, Morison has a much better scoring rate at this level than Smith so hard to see how we are worse off.

For what it's worth, Smith will probably serve you very well.  He's a lovely fella off the pitch but causes all sorts of problems in the box, on it.  He's a bit clumsy in possession and does dwell on the ball sometimes but he's really worked on his aerial ability and it's no surprise that this is where his strength is.  Put simply, if you get quality delivery into the box, he cannot fail but to score goals for you.  he's massive, taller than most centre backs but has the frame to hold off their attempts to knock him off balance.  He can now direct his headers much more accurately, so he'll score goals with the right balls in.  It's really very simple.

As much as i'm a bit gutted he left and the money we got for him was pish (although we really pulled your trousers down on Ross.  £11m?????) I think he had to go as Cellino has no intention of hiring a coach that plays long ball football and we don't have wingers and don't intend to play with them under him.

Ross, by the way, is a wonderful footballer for this level.  Keep the faith and he will come good.  I do believe he's good enough to play in the Premier League but time is fast running out for him.  I was very surprised he went to Fulham, there were supposedly a few PL teams interested in him so - all due respect and everything - I can only assume that you were willing to pay him the most.

Welcome to the board and thanks for the great post.

Cheers, appreciated.

Nick Bateman

081.gif

I concur.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

FFC1987

The arrogance of Fulham fans is mind boggling.

AlexH

Sharp is a cracking signing by Leeds. I'd have been very happy if we'd signed him.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 02, 2014, 03:01:39 PM
Hello.

No, i'm afraid we don't despise you at all.  It isn't your fault that you were in a position to spend £11m on Ross, it's purely a product of the farce that is the Premier League and the amount of money they throw at teams for the achievement of being relegated.  Strip parachute payments out and Leeds comfortably have the largest resources in this division.  However, for years now, we've been hamstrung by a debt hangover and now that's gone, we are hamstrung by teams coming down with massive parachute payments.  That's the way things are now.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about replacements though.  Billy Sharp is the same age as Ross with an almost identicle goals to minutes ratio in this league.  He also works hard outside the box like Ross.  It's as close as a like for like as we could possibly have got.  Add to that Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro, Morison returning from Millwall, Ajose and a very exciting youth product call Walters and we have more options up front than I can ever recall.  We also still have Noel Hunt who it is rumoured is a striker but we're yet to see any evidence for that.  On top of that, we nearly signed a lad called Pavoletti but ran out of time in the window.  He was second top scorer in Serie B last season and the chances are, we'll probably bag him on loan.  Cellino loves a striker.  As much as Sharp's partner is still probably going to lack experience at this level, it's no different to this time last season when Smith had no experience at this level either but we just have many more options now.  Out of all them foreigners, one of them will work out. If not, Morison has a much better scoring rate at this level than Smith so hard to see how we are worse off.

For what it's worth, Smith will probably serve you very well.  He's a lovely fella off the pitch but causes all sorts of problems in the box, on it.  He's a bit clumsy in possession and does dwell on the ball sometimes but he's really worked on his aerial ability and it's no surprise that this is where his strength is.  Put simply, if you get quality delivery into the box, he cannot fail but to score goals for you.  he's massive, taller than most centre backs but has the frame to hold off their attempts to knock him off balance.  He can down direct his headers much more accurately, so he'll score goals.  It's really very simple.

As much as i'm a bit gutted he left and the money we got for him was pish (although we really pulled your trousers down on Ross.  £11m?????) I think he had to go as Cellino has no intention of hiring a coach that plays long ball football and we don't have wingers and don't intend to play with them under him.

Ross, by the way, is a wonderful footballer for this level.  Keep the faith and he will come good.  I do believe he's good enough to play in the Premier League but time is fast running out for him.  I was very surprised he went to Fulham, there were supposedly a few PL teams interested in him so - all due respect and everything - I can only assume that you were willing to pay him the most.

Wouldn't have minded Sharp, especially at the price a good buy, Love to see Felix 'I am the One and Only' and Cellino in the same room let alone the same team.