Hangeland - Burn
Riise - Stafylidis
Dejagah - David
Parker - Parker
Sidwell - Hoogland
Richardson - McCormack
Holtby - Hyndman
Rodallega - Smith

Considering our relegation I don't think the club has done too badly with the replacements.
Only 2 I wanted to stay were Stockdale & Dejagah.

gang

I agree with your 2 but I would add Sidwell.

FPT

Our squad now, is better than it was last year. Call me crazy, but it is. It's more balanced, it's more exciting, it's technically superior and it's younger. The only issue is, that we've brought everyone in at once! Player for player, I prefer our squad now to what it was at the end of last season.

There's obviously the odd player that would add something to our current team (Richardson, Dejagah) but give or take, we've generally done well in the window for a minimal net spend. Fully gelled, our current squad would perform better in the Premier League than last year.

I'm pretty happy with what we've done in the window. We've gotten rid of a load of over-aged, over-paid, over-rated and poor players, and replaced them with hungrier and cheaper players, with similar quality and higher potential.

Andy S

I agree Player for player I think our squad is better than last season

grandad

Quote from: Andy S on September 04, 2014, 05:33:40 PM
I agree Player for player I think our squad is better than last season

:plus one:
By a long mile. And that doesn´t include, Roberts & the 2 Williams.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Quote from: FPT on September 04, 2014, 05:27:48 PM
Our squad now, is better than it was last year. Call me crazy, but it is. It's more balanced, it's more exciting, it's technically superior and it's younger. The only issue is, that we've brought everyone in at once! Player for player, I prefer our squad now to what it was at the end of last season.

There's obviously the odd player that would add something to our current team (Richardson, Dejagah) but give or take, we've generally done well in the window for a minimal net spend. Fully gelled, our current squad would perform better in the Premier League than last year.

I'm pretty happy with what we've done in the window. We've gotten rid of a load of over-aged, over-paid, over-rated and poor players, and replaced them with hungrier and cheaper players, with similar quality and higher potential.
0001.jpeg

glenhodgso

Quote from: FPT on September 04, 2014, 05:27:48 PM

Great insight, and good thread - very concise comparison.

I have always been a proponent of evolution, but the past three seasons we did not evolve, FM "called it" when he said the demise of PL status happened when we lost Mousse & Clint - the heart was ripped from the team.  SO, fast forward and this close-season we've gone for revolution, and spent five games finding our best first team.  How bad would it have been if we only changed a third of the team each season?  No chance of a recovery for many years IMHO.

We have 41 games to play, and we have an "almost" finished team - I, for one, am looking forwards and upwards, and no longer looking backwards and downwards...

YoungsBitter

I am starting to share the optimism about the players and really do not miss anyone from last year. I see only Richardson is starting with his new team, Sidwell has been an unused sub last couple of Stoke games.
I would really like to know whether this is the work of Felix and his team or Ali Mac or both rather than just happenstance. The young players were/are the product of years of work by the Academy by people who in the main have since moved on. Did they move on because they got better opportunities elsewhere or was it frustration with the leadership at the club? It would piss me off if Felix has got the benefit of all that work but undermines it with poor selection and adding players to the squad that do not have the required quality - Chihi? Fotheringham? Faszic? and take playing time from the talented young players. Last Saturday Roberts was on the bench and Chihi came on, Fotheringham was getting on ahead of Eisfeld and Hyndeman.
Like I said, would love to know what is really going on behind the scenes, so much is supposition...
Quark, strangeness and charm

MasterHaynes

I have always been optimistic this season with the squad, as you point out its is better than last years and the youngsters we have on the bench have the ability to change a game and make a real impact which we did not have.
It's the constant chopping and changing of systems and players (Bettinelli & Burn only just make your list & who knows whether they will stay there), add to that some bizarre substitutions and decisions like last weeks subs against Cardiff just leave me completely non plussed

hovewhite

Very happy with our situation,but as stated all new players coming in one go its understandable that we arenot the most fluent team and results prove that,but BELIEVE it will happen.
If this team had been playing for us last season we wouldn't of been relegated.

Lighthouse

The change was always going to be wholesale and take time to gel. But we really need to pick the best players we have to make the team work. We needed to bring in a little more experience. The problem will be keeping the team together and the good players if we continue to mess about.

Happy to have the changes and long overdue. Shame the best team we have is being chopped and changed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

I am going to judge player rotation over the next ten games with the same,results and pionts of course,but do BELIEVE the only way is up!!

Whitesideup

Smith instead of Rodellega .. harsh indeed. I have never seen Smith play ..and Rodders is a good premiership quality striker never given a run or a real chance at Fulham. Stay sensible!!!!!

crazycottager

fourfourtwo's season preview last year said we should have blooded the youngsters that year. then again, they called us a hoofball team at the end of the year even though we were more ''Keep passing it to the back for no obvious reason