more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congratulations USA

Started by bigalffc, June 23, 2010, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

England scraped by,at last, and USA fought & won well done to all
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

RidgeRider

It was a happy day as both teams got through. I was watching the US game on TV and England on internet but after England went up 1-0, I pretty much focused on US game so I didn't see much of the rest of the England match. Hoping to see it later on the evening show.

US were dangerous most of the match but just couldn't put it in until it was almost too late. Really nervy match.

clintclintdeuce

glad to see the two go through..... but id have to say that slovenia and algeria were no pushovers as they were advertised as... both very quality i thought in the end.
The Dude abides.

MrCheviot

I thought Algeria were crap, at least against the US. Not exactly negative tactics, just seemed to play with indifference at times. Counter attacked a bit but had no urgency and looked happy to play for a draw, when at the start of the match they actually had a chance to progress if they won and England were held by Slovenia. Reminded me of the Greece side.

Slovenia played pretty well I thought, had the right spirit and well organized.

In the end, I think the right teams emerged, w/ the US deserving of the top spot.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

mrska

Having seen the highlights of the USA game and the whole England game.. it looked like both sides should of scored more today!

Hopefully both can take this form into the knockout rounds!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 23, 2010, 06:00:54 PM
glad to see the two go through..... but id have to say that slovenia and algeria were no pushovers as they were advertised as... both very quality i thought in the end.
No they was both toilet, just England were well below par.

Ichabod Magoo

As a U.S. fan, it was a typical gut wrenching game that they seem to always be involved in.  What was atypical was the fact that they finally exorcised the demons.  That was the most emotional goal I've seen the national team score.  Ripping good stuff.   :045:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 23, 2010, 07:16:24 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 23, 2010, 06:00:54 PM
No they was both toilet, just England were well below par.

A little harsh great one. We, USA just can't finish but finally did with another goal taken from us. England did what it needed to do early on on a miserable pitch and had many chances as well.
It is in many ways the worlds game now. There is a lot of talent and except for the French these guys are playing for themselves and their country. Lets not forget that does mean a great deal.
:beer: :beer: :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Whiteroom

I am out in America at the moment and they're really getting into it. I cant make my mind up whether I want them to win or not. I love to see Clint play well, but I also don't really want the yanks to become too cocky. It irritates me how they call their basketball league champions 'world champions'.

AmericanJames

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 23, 2010, 10:47:23 PM
I am out in America at the moment and they're really getting into it. I cant make my mind up whether I want them to win or not. I love to see Clint play well, but I also don't really want the yanks to become too cocky. It irritates me how they call their basketball league champions 'world champions'.

well could you tell me one team outside the US and one team in Canada that would stand a chance in a real game?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

LRCN

yeah amazin, couldn't believ eit when I heard the commentator said the US had scored just as the final whistle blew. gutted they won because they have an 'easy' run to the semis but let's hope they get there now

jarv

cannot believe some of the negative comments about US. It was a brilliant, exciting match. When did you last see (or ever see) a brilliant exciting England match. England still are just about the most garbage international team around (ok, greece are not too good either). If they were playing in my back garden I wouldn't open the curtains to watch them.

However, I did start watching England (support blighty and all that) and after about 15 minutes, several long yawns, I switched to the US game.

USA won the group, by a mile. They were better than England on the day and won the group despite 2 key goals being chalked off by rubbish refereeing.

Jimbobob

Quote from: Lork on June 24, 2010, 01:37:19 AM
yeah amazin, couldn't believ eit when I heard the commentator said the US had scored just as the final whistle blew. gutted they won because they have an 'easy' run to the semis but let's hope they get there now

Well we scored before the final whitsle blew but in extra time. I don't think anyone has an "easy" run in the knock out stage. The whole nation of Africa is going to be hoping we lose and we will see what effect that has on the ref calling our match. We are due some calls but it won't happen agaisnt Ghana that's for sure. You guys can beat Germany. I am glad we are both in the final 16.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

clintclintdeuce

Going into it, Slovenia and Algeria were supposed to be 5-0 wins for both sides. They played better than advertised, albeit the advertisment was of one of poor quality. Same goes for New Zealand and even S. Africa. Much better than advertised.
The Dude abides.