more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix on Roberts

Started by Humbled, September 04, 2014, 11:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycottager

YoungsBitter

The headline is out of context, Magath is actually telling the truth. What will keep him at Fulham is the thought that he might get more actual playing time than at Liverpool and Magath is saying that he cannot promise he will be played in every game and he currently, as most of us have noted too, is better as impact sub than starting and playing 90 mins. If he puts on a bit of muscle and develops the stamina to play at the Championship pace and grind for 90 mins he will play more but at 17 he is struggling to make the move from under 18s to first team and starting. Liverpool and others have probably noted the same and happy to have Fulham develop him for them.
Magath is actually right, if Liverpool offer big money he is gone, and there is nothing Magath can do to stop him.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Lighthouse

Yes one of those non story stories. Shock as manager says the bleedin' obvious. Players will leave to go to bigger clubs if they want to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

I know most on here do not like Felix and wish to show him in as bad alight as possible, but what has he said here that is wrong? We all wanted Louis Saha to stay, he didn't did we all blame Cookie, no we did not.

Humbled

Quote from: Peabody on September 05, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
I know most on here do not like Felix and wish to show him in as bad alight as possible, but what has he said here that is wrong? We all wanted Louis Saha to stay, he didn't did we all blame Cookie, no we did not.

I certainly didn't blame him.....
what he said IS stating the obvious but it is also Fulham news and regarding a lot of peoples golden boy.
Some may have preferred him to say it would take a HUGE offer like he was told, supposedly, when he went chasing a keeper.

Roberty

The only option Felix has is to play him to make sure he develops - that way a buying club will have to pay a bigger fee

Even the mighty Liverpool and Manchester United have to accept the fact that bigger fish eat smaller fish
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Pluto

I wish Magath would just stop talking to the press and do his damn job, I'm sorry. Man is becoming almost as much of a PR disaster as Jol.

Nero

the most chocking thing about this is there more then 3 lines about Fulham in the Standard, Probably more to do that Liverpool are mentioned

Andy S

The transfer window closes and journalists are scratching their heads for something to write about. I don't think Roberts will be as big as a lot on here. He has potential and that is all. The bigger clubs will watch and when the risk is small they will act

the nutflush

Quote from: Pluto on September 05, 2014, 09:47:18 AM
I wish Magath would just stop talking to the press and do his damn job, I'm sorry. Man is becoming almost as much of a PR disaster as Jol.

Agree.  Hes an absolute nightmare.  Would you rather play )or if you are a youngster, learn your craft) under Magath or Rodgers?  Its a no brainer.  We will lose this kid for next to nothing and he could be the best player to come out of Fulham in decades.  Magath is just as big a disaster for this club as Jol. 

aaronmcguigan

Got to agree with Pluto

"But if we are not at that level and the player is extraordinarily good and there is interest from Champions League clubs then you will never be able to hold them, especially if the player doesn't want to stay."

Why even entertain the idea that there is interest from Champions League clubs? There is interest every day in every club from all sorts of teams for all sorts of players. Openly linking Roberts name to champions league teams will get his name talked about and inevitably get others interested.
Why even entertain the idea about the player not wanting to say, why not publicly state that the youth environement you are creating promotes development and learning, and opportunities to display and build on the skill level he already has, such as extraordinary talents like Will Hughes at Derby. He is under contract, so even if it is about him being unhappy, surely the first port of call is making and keeping him happy, ie playing and developing him in a positive environment instead of being benched then talking up his ability to the media.

I just don't get why anyone needs to go to the media and say such nonsense. Of course he has been prompted by awkward questions, but if we're concentrating on youth, why not put such a statement out there rather than saying if hes not happy, he can go to Liverpool, why not try showing off how much he can develop at Fulham, saying that we're only at this level temporarily and ROberts can spearhead our recovery..

There isnt even a transfer window, you've just created months of speculation in the media and probably in the boys head by saying that, rather than just answering,. NO, he doesnt have a value, he's not for sale, next question, then re evaluate that next year

nose

patrick roberts may be persuaded to remain at fulham if he was given a bit more of a chance to show what he can do.
What felix said was correct but roberts may prefer to warm the subs bench at anfield more than ours. The key way to keep him is to play him a bit more, he should have had some match time V cardiff especially when we were chasing a winner.
I suspect also if players like roberts saw a bit more stability rather than the constant chopping and changing that felix goes in for it would also help him remain.

TonyGilroy

Patrick Roberts advisers will do what they think is in his (or possibly their) best interests whatever Magath might say.

Loud protestations that he'll never be sold or only over his dead body (no that wouldn't make it worthwhile) would just make Magath look stupid.

There's also an argument that the best way to treat our young players is to let them know that for the right price we won't stand in their way if a big club wants them.

The better they do for us the better for their future prospects and if collectively they can help the club up the food chain they reduce the number of clubs that offer them better career prospects.

MJG

this is not an interview given to the standard,  they have taken the quotes from the paper section of his press conference last week and made the article.

Canary White

All Roberts has shown so far is that he's not quite ready, which is entirely forgivable given his age. The current expectation levels can't help him or the people who harbour them. If he realises his potential, he'll leave, irrespective of the division we're in. If he stays with us beyond the end if next season it'll mean he's underachieved. Either way, someone will be disappointed. That's life.

jmh

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on September 05, 2014, 01:08:14 PM
Got to agree with Pluto

"But if we are not at that level and the player is extraordinarily good and there is interest from Champions League clubs then you will never be able to hold them, especially if the player doesn't want to stay."

Why even entertain the idea that there is interest from Champions League clubs? There is interest every day in every club from all sorts of teams for all sorts of players. Openly linking Roberts name to champions league teams will get his name talked about and inevitably get others interested.
I'm going to guess that he talked about it because he was asked about it.

alfie

If he has been asked a serious question then he has given a serious answer, still never that stop you from having a dig.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Rock

Quote from: alfie on September 05, 2014, 06:38:44 PM
If he has been asked a serious question then he has given a serious answer, still never that stop you from having a dig.

Magath deserves it. Win a game! Get some results! We look like crap and he plays defenders up front and CB's at RB and LB's at LM. He is a nut case and whats worse is our owner is too!

jmh

Quote from: The Rock on September 05, 2014, 07:08:38 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 05, 2014, 06:38:44 PM

Magath deserves it. Win a game! Get some results! We look like crap and he plays defenders up front and CB's at RB and LB's at LM. He is a nut case and whats worse is our owner is too!
Have you been watching?  We looked really good against Cardiff.