watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz!

Started by Gary, September 05, 2014, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Bryan Ruiz played today. So Im guessing we are sorted in the midfield?

Fernhurst

Wow .... he lives !!

Smith scored both goals, and we have another week to bed this team in enough to gain 3 points week tomorrow.

COYW  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

dannyboi-ffc

That to me suggests he wont be off to besiktas. Hes staying till january, why else would he of played. Good news
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 05, 2014, 09:18:29 PM
That to me suggests he wont be off to besiktas. Hes staying till january, why else would he of played. Good news

Could be that we are just demonstrating to other club who may be interested in him that he is sort of match fit.

hovewhite

Will watch what happens wth interest!

FPT

Turkish window is closed, plus Besiktas went for other options anyway.

FPT

Good to hear, I don't quite know how he fits into the team.

The only way that Bryan Ruiz can fit in the diamond is if we drop Chris David in his favour. In theory, we could drop Chris David into a deeper midfield role, but that then involves dropping Emerson Hyndman because of the form of Tim Hoogland in front of the back four and Scott Parker in general. Chris David going deeper could be incredibly frustrating because of his traits as a player, he likes to dribble and likes to take shots; he'll be moved into a position where it's not the best way of playing. His decision making isn't top standard when he plays behind the strikers, so why would it be when dropped deeper?

We could fit both Bryan Ruiz and Chris David into the same team by playing a 4231; Chris David could play off of the right with Bryan behind the striker, however, that would result in pushing Ross McCormack onto the left flank. McCormack is fully capable of playing on the left (in 12-13 he scored 8 and assisted 12 from the left for Leeds), but when you spend the majority of your budget on a striker, you'd like to see him play up top... Though if it's not to the best benefit of the team and all that, it makes sense.

Basically, the only way he can fit sensibly is in a 4231, where we would lose that number in the middle, usually taken up by Emerson Hyndman, as well as sacrificing Ross McCormack to the flank.

If I'm in charge, I stick with the diamond, but Ruiz goes on the bench; he proves his worth to me and he proves his commitment to the cause in performances. Psychology at its basic.

nose

wow, star of cost a rica made no impression on the transfer market whatsoever,
rather like his performances for us on the pitch.

we had two and a half seasons of inefectual play from the man so there is no good news in the threat of his return to an even more physically demanding division.

westcliff white

Quote from: FPT on September 05, 2014, 10:25:02 PM

My understanding is the Turkish and possibly Russian windows close at 4 on the 6th September.
Every day is a Fulham day

jmh

Quote from: westcliff white on September 05, 2014, 11:00:38 PM
Quote from: FPT on September 05, 2014, 10:25:02 PM

My understanding is the Turkish and possibly Russian windows close at 4 on the 6th September.
According to this site, you are correct and the windows in Turkey and Russia (and Romania, for what it's worth) remain open.  However, the official site of the European Football Professional Leagues contradicts the first site, saying that the window in Russia closed on September 1st, like most other countries.  It doesn't say anything about Turkey, but the discrepancy regarding the window in Russia makes me doubt the trustworthiness of the first site in general.

westcliff white

Russia has always closed after everybody else, but it's so confusing. Why they all can't be on the same day or have no windows at all is beyond me
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on September 06, 2014, 07:46:43 AM
Russia has always closed after everybody else, but it's so confusing. Why they all can't be on the same day or have no windows at all is beyond me

It's probably because they're Orthodox and still use the Julian calendar.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

One Martin Thomas

He's being paid a wage and therefore should be giving something in return (assuming Magath let's him).  It's the least Ruiz could do is put a shift in until January.  His stock must now have fallen back down after WC efforts.

Neil D

Quote from: Holders on September 06, 2014, 08:21:15 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 06, 2014, 07:46:43 AM

It's probably because they're Orthodox and still use the Julian calendar.
The Bolsheviks put a stop to that in 1918.

bobby01

Quote from: nose on September 05, 2014, 10:41:59 PM

we had two and a half seasons of inefectual play from the man so there is no good news in the threat of his return to an even more physically demanding division.

Not often I agree with you nose, but I think you are spot on here.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JackyFulham90

I am glad Ruiz will be part of the squad but no way should he just be given a starting place. David is playing well. Ruiz should start at Reading as a sub.

Canary White

Unfortunately for Ruiz we have a glut of good, in not excellent, creative midfielders and deep-lying forwards. I'd like to see him on the bench.

nose

Quote from: bobby01 on September 06, 2014, 10:45:04 AM
Quote from: nose on September 05, 2014, 10:41:59 PM

Not often I agree with you nose, but I think you are spot on here.

thank you for your reply. I didn't think anyone wanted to talk to me lately. It has been ages since I got any sort of response at all.

I am sorry you don't agree with my other posts, however i suspect like frank carson used to say it might be more of a function of the way i tell them.

regarding ruiz I just think he is totally unsuited to the british game.

hovewhite

Nose better to have an opinion,than no opinion at all!

HatterDon

Start David and sub him off after 60 for Roberts. David runs out of ideas in the 2nd half and Roberts looks lost when he starts, but is a terror as a sub.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel