more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (07/09/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 06, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Emerson Hyndman, a future Andrea Pirlo?

[AMERICANS ABROAD] Emerson Hyndman was at 18 the youngest of the three uncapped players to make his debut for the USA against the Czech Republic on Wednesday. His call-up less than a month after debuting for Fulham came as no surprise to its veteran coach, German Felix Magath, who said, "I have never seen a player of his age play like he does."

Hyndman has started three of five games for Fulham. His play is a rare bright spot for the Cottagers, who have one point.

"Emerson is getting games at a high level and he has shown he is prepared," Magath told the Fulham Web site. "I'm not surprised to see him with the senior U.S. national team, and I think he will be a key player for them over the next few years.

Magath arrived at Fulham in February as it faced a losing battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League and he spotted Hyndman in its academy.

"He has a wonderful range of passing, short or cross-field," said Magath. "He understands tactics, but at 18 years old he has a lot of time to develop and to get experience. I'm sure he will be a good player. His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep."

Magath says Hyndman plays like an old professional, not a teenager with three pro games under his belt.

"He is very responsible with the ball and tries to make things happen," he said. "He gives his teammates a lot of support, giving them the right direction to go on and play. He plays for the team, not for himself. He's an exciting talent, for sure. Emerson is very hard-working and, as I said, the responsibility he shows is unusual to see in someone so young. He's working on his power, we know he needs to develop physically but that will come over the next few years."

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/60334/emerson-hyndman-a-future-andrea-pirlo.html?

WhiteJC

Peter Beagrie: Matt Smith is 'babysitter' for former Leeds man

The former Premier League winger has given his opinion on Fulham's signing of Leeds forward Matt Smith.

Smith moved to West London in the late hours of deadline day, pocketing the Yorkshire club a fee of roughly £500,000.

The hulking centre forward moved to Elland Road in June 2013, following a spell with Oldham that saw him net four goals against Everton and Liverpool in FA Cup ties. His only season in Leeds colours brought a return of 12 goals in 39 Championship games, a respectable, if not remarkable, tally for the man expected step up following the departure of Championship top scorer Ross McCormack to Fulham for a record setting £11 million.

Smith started three games for the Whites this season, failing to score in a disastrous start to the season, and it was a surprise to see the Cottagers swoop to secure the 25-year old's services, especially considering the money they spent on his former strike partner.

Whilst McCormack was always intended to be the main man following his move to West London, the Scottish international has yet to score in his five appearances for the Premier League hopefuls, registering just one assist in his most recent game - form that mirrors his sides start to the season.

For all his goalscoring talents, the 28-goal man has looked lost in the Cottagers starting line up, and, in his regular Sky Sports column, Peter Beagrie has admitted that he thinks Smith's transfer is for McCormack's benefit.

The former Manchester City man said: "Smith could be seen as a familiar babysitter for £11million Ross McCormack"; the implication being that Smith has arrived to link up with his former strike parter, and try to recreate their fruitful partnership

However, Beagrie did also say that Smith provides something that Fulham currently don't have - brute force.

"[It could be] a case of Felix Magath realising that for all the possession and pretty patterns, The Cottagers need a bit of brute force to get goals," the 48-year old said.

The pundit looks to be excited by the signing, and Fulham fans will be hoping that Smith makes the kind of impact that Beagrie has predicted he will - with their team sitting in the bottom three at this early stage of the season.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/05/peter-beagrie-matt-smith-is-babysitter-for-former-leeds-man/?

WhiteJC

McCormack Keeping Calm

Ross McCormack insists Fulham have no reason to panic, despite gathering just one point from the five league games played so far.

The draw with Cardiff City last week saw the Whites put in a markedly improved display to get their Sky Bet Championship season up and running, and with 41 games left to play, striker McCormack knows there's plenty of time to rectify the situation.

"This league is pretty unique," he said. "When the international break is over we'll start having games Saturday, Wednesday.

"In the space of a couple of weeks if you win three out of four then you're up in mid-table. It's not the time for crisis talks at the start of the season."

Having turned 28 last month, McCormack can consider himself one of the more experienced players in the new-look Fulham team.

Indeed, six of the side who started Saturday's clash with Cardiff were aged 22 or under, but last season's top scorer in the division is fully behind their integration into the First Team and says he has been impressed by their contributions so far.

"The point that has got to be made clear is that these boys are good enough," he insisted. "They are as good as the players we've already got here.

"It's just trying to get a bit of knowledge of the game into them. That's going to be crucial and that's why you've got guys like Scott Parker around. They can lean on his experience.

"Patrick Roberts, Emerson Hyndman – who has probably been the pick, he's been different class – George Williams, they are all very good players.

"After a couple of months of the season these guys can come into their own."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/06/mccormack-keeping-calm?

WhiteJC

Smith follows in footsteps of former strike partner

Fulhum have completed the signing of Matt Smith for an undisclosed fee.  The 25 year-old links up with former striker Ross McCormack who was also sold for a reported £11 million.

Leeds will now rely on Steve Morison, Noel Hunt, Doukara and the prolific Billy sharp to push them up the table.  This is despite Smith signing a new 3 year contract recently. 

Smith and McCormack netted 40 goals between them in the championship last season as Leeds finished 14th, and Felix Magath will be hoping they can forge a similar goal spree to spur a Fulhum team which has so far disappointed following  relegation from the Premier league.   

Leeds have also sold another striker in the form of Dominic Poleon who has joined Oldham Athletic on a two year contract.  Leeds will now rely on Steve Morison, Noel Hunt, Doukara and the prolific Billy sharp to push them up the table.   

Leeds currently in 18th and have won 2 of their 6 games played in the championship.

http://www.unofficiallufc.co.uk/news/smith-follows-in-footsteps-of-former-strike-partner?

WhiteJC

Waiting for the Loan Window to Open!

With the transfer window now firmly closed, it looks as if Fulham are eagerly awaiting the opening of the loan window.

The loan window is seen as the perfect opportunity to offload some of those, in the squad, who are deemed to be surplus to requirements whilst also allowing the club to trim the wage bill.

It seems that those likely to be pushed out of the door on loan spells, if the club can find suitable destinations are:-

- Bryan Ruiz
- Hugo Rodallega
- Fernando Amorebieta

We`ll report further if and when any details of a loan move are released by those who are in charge at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=369763#ixzz3CYqCdsh9

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack Attacks Leeds United Owner Massimo Cellino
Fulham's new forward outlines his summer departure from Elland Road

Ross McCormack has spoken of his inauspicious departure from Leeds.(Harry Engels/Getty Images)

New Fulham striker Ross McCormack has hit out at Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino over telling lies regarding his departure from Elland Road.

Cellino said McCormack "disrespected" him during his final days in west Yorkshire and refused to train in order to force through a move to Fulham during the summer.

But the ex-Leeds captain and last season's top scorer, says he was told to stay away from training to ensure he didn't pick up an injury that would derail his £11m switch to Craven Cottage.

"It's pretty easy to respond to because it's just pure facts," McCormack told the Daily Mail. "I was told by the club not to train because they were talking to Fulham.

"They didn't want me injured with the size of the fee – it was important to the club that they didn't miss out on that. I didn't train on the Thursday or Friday.

"We were off Saturday and Sunday. Monday was the day the fee was agreed. Leeds were going to Italy for pre-season so I was down here doing my medical.

"Where that one came from, that I didn't show up on the Monday to go to training, is ludicrous."

Cellino has claimed that he didn't want to initially sell McCormack before the start of this season, such was his impact during last term, as Leeds finished a disappointing fifteenth in the Championship.

Reputation attack claim

But McCormack has responded claiming that the Italian wanted to create a public perception that he wanted to leave Leeds and damage his reputation among supporters.

"It's just the way that it was always going to be," he added. "It was never going to be 'thanks for what you did last season, thanks for the help you've given the club'. It was pretty nasty in the end to be honest.

"The conversations were that the club didn't want me to leave – or Mr Cellino, Mr President... the chairman – he didn't want me to leave. He said you can leave, but it's got to come across as you are initiating it.

"So there was a transfer request put in all for the benefit of the club, where they can come across in a good light to the fans.

"Unfortunately, at the time the fans probably took sides with the owner. After a few things have come to light maybe they are turning a little bit.

"At the time I didn't want to go. I wasn't the only player that didn't really like what was going on. The only difference was that I was probably the only one who said what he felt. They didn't take too kindly to that.

"What you've got to remember is I had four years left on my contract at Leeds. Fulham had to pay a premium to get me out of that contract.

"It's hard to sit here and say I could've gone to other clubs, but I probably could have. But Fulham were willing to give Leeds the most money. Leeds said, 'You're either going there or you're not going at all'.

"If you're talking Balotelli, if AC Milan didn't want to sell him then he wouldn't be sold for £16m. I'd say there'd be an extra £10m on top of that because he's worth it."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ross-mccormack-attacks-leeds-united-owner-massimo-cellino-1464285?

WhiteJC

Crisis! What Crisis!

As we contemplate not having a competitive fixture this weekend, it cannot help be noticed that our position in the Championship is a little embarrassing.

With only one point from the fifteen available Fulham lie second from bottom with only Blackpool below us.

However, out £11 million signing, Ross McCormack, has pointed out it really isn`t nothing to worry about with the Scottish international remarking,

"This league is pretty unique. The point that`s got to be made clear is that these boys are good enough."

"They are as good as the players we`ve already got here."

"It`s just trying to get a bit of knowledge of the game into them."

"That`s going to be crucial and why you`ve got guys like Scott Parker around. They can lean on his experience."

"After a couple of months of the season, these guys can come into their own."

"Patrick Roberts, Emerson Hyndman - who has probably been the pick, he`s been different class - George Williams, they are very good players."

"We`ve lost four games and drawn one. When the international break is over we`ve got games Saturday and Tuesday. In the space of two weeks - if you win three out of four - you`re up in mid-table."

"It`s not the time for crisis talks at the start of the season."

Here`s hoping our fortunes pick up soon!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=369764#ixzz3CYtLeJk1

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack: I was asked to submit a transfer request by Leeds United

Ross McCormack has revealed that Leeds United asked him to submit a transfer request in order to facilitate a move to Fulham.

Ross McCormack's shock departure to Fulham for a whooping £11 million left many Leeds United supporters frustrated and annoyed, even angry.

The Scotland international attacker is one of the best players in the Championship and was set to be key in the Whites' chances of regaining their Premier League status in the coming years.

But the 28-year-old left, and that too for fellow Championship club Fulham, who had suffered relegation from the English top flight at the end of last season.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino suggested at the time that McCormack did not want to play for the West Yorkshire club anymore and had forced through a move. However, the latest comments from the former Cardiff City star shed a different light on the matter.

'The conversations were that the club didn't want me to leave - or Mr Cellino, Mr President... the chairman - he didn't want me to leave', the Daily Mail quotes McCormack as saying. 'He said you can leave but it's got to come across as you are initiating it.

'So there was a transfer request put in all for the benefit of the club, where they can come across in a good light to the fans. Unfortunately at the time the fans probably took sides with the owner. After a few things have come to light, maybe they are turning a little bit'.

Interesting, very interesting.

McCormack does not stop there in revealing how the transfer unfolded. He adds that like him, there were other players in the Leeds team who were not happy with the events unfolding at Elland Road.

'At the time I didn't want to go', he said. 'I wasn't the only player that didn't really like what was going on. The only difference was that I was probably the only one who said what he felt. They didn't take too kindly to that'.

Leeds boss Cellino will certainly have a different version to that story, and we may get to hear it in the coming days. But perhaps for now, the Championship club's fans may regain some of their adoration for the player who graced Elland Road from 2010 until 2014.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/06/ross-mccormack-i-was-asked-to-submit-a-transfer-request-by-leeds/?

epsomraver

"I have never seen a player of his age play like he does." says Felix, no well you won't either keeping him sat on the bench
fp.gif

FPT

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 06, 2014, 07:19:14 PM

Waiting for the Loan Window to Open!

With the transfer window now firmly closed, it looks as if Fulham are eagerly awaiting the opening of the loan window.

The loan window is seen as the perfect opportunity to offload some of those, in the squad, who are deemed to be surplus to requirements whilst also allowing the club to trim the wage bill.

It seems that those likely to be pushed out of the door on loan spells, if the club can find suitable destinations are:-

- Bryan Ruiz
- Hugo Rodallega
- Fernando Amorebieta

We`ll report further if and when any details of a loan move are released by those who are in charge at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=369763#ixzz3CYqCdsh9

These people clearly don't realise that it's a Football League loan window, not a global one. Only teams in the Football League can loan in players during this period. You never know, maybe Bryan Ruiz will move to Barnsley.