News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jacksonville's strange synergy with Fulham!

Started by FPT, September 08, 2014, 01:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycottager

please don't mention the jags, I can't bear the fact that fulham's got an NFL team as a brother, feels like berbatov and ruiz, just not on the same level,and leaves a sour taste in my mouth

MasterHaynes

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 08, 2014, 03:08:26 PM
As everyone knows by now, in the NFL, there is no relegation, so there is less motivation to win NOW, you have the mild luxury of building a bit slower with more thought.

Another thing is that Jacksonville was dire when Khan bought them. They were a depreciating asset for their former owner and he bought them at a relative value. Smart business move because through better management and improvements to the venue and fan experience, he can raise the value of that team substantially. To me, it's the old "buy low, sell high".......down the road. It's the perfect opportunity for him to turn that team into something valuable.

They played the best I've seen them play in several years yesterday.
Another important difference is the NFL team ending bottom get a free pick of the best young players each season. Here,young players want to sign for a top club, if we stay in the championship too long then attracting the quality young players we have in the last few years will be a thing of the past and our youth project may quickly fall into a rapid demise.

Berserker

How do I get a ticket to see the Jags st Wembley, do I have to fo it through the Jags website?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

WhiteJag

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 09, 2014, 06:25:07 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on September 08, 2014, 03:08:26 PM
As everyone knows by now, in the NFL, there is no relegation, so there is less motivation to win NOW, you have the mild luxury of building a bit slower with more thought.

Another thing is that Jacksonville was dire when Khan bought them. They were a depreciating asset for their former owner and he bought them at a relative value. Smart business move because through better management and improvements to the venue and fan experience, he can raise the value of that team substantially. To me, it's the old "buy low, sell high".......down the road. It's the perfect opportunity for him to turn that team into something valuable.

They played the best I've seen them play in several years yesterday.
Another important difference is the NFL team ending bottom get a free pick of the best young players each season. Here,young players want to sign for a top club, if we stay in the championship too long then attracting the quality young players we have in the last few years will be a thing of the past and our youth project may quickly fall into a rapid demise.

There are things both leagues could learn from each other.  The worst to best draft order is intended to bring parity to the league, balancing things out (I think it works very well).  I love the idea of relegation in the NFL to a single lower tier.  It would create excitement and bring a developmental league into the fold.  Currently there aren't too many leagues for American football in existence so not as many players get a chance to develop.

WhiteJag

WhiteJag

Quote from: crazycottager on September 08, 2014, 11:39:11 PM
please don't mention the jags, I can't bear the fact that fulham's got an NFL team as a brother, feels like berbatov and ruiz, just not on the same level,and leaves a sour taste in my mouth

We're not that bad are we?  I love the connection.  It's gotten me into English football.

Berserker

Yeah their were Jags fans by me at the Cardiff game
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jags24

It is very odd to lose an American football game 34-17 and consider it some sort of encouraging sign.  By those standards, you could lose 27-23 and celebrate by holding a parade in the streets.