watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'd like to ask MJG a question ?

Started by Riversider, September 09, 2014, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canary White

The jury's still out on Khan for me. The lack of investment in some areas of the team clearly undermines his claim that this season isn't about "balancing the books", but the money spent on Mitroglou, McCormack and Magath (I assume his wages are high) suggest he's at least some appetite to invest in Fulham. The conspiracy theories about tax avoidance etc. are nonsensical. Rumours about cuts in academy funding are worrying but they're unconfirmed, and could even just reflect a restructuring of the academy because certain parts or year groups have under-performed, for example. He must take some responsibility for the circus we were from last November to February, but it was only fair to allow him a little time to get savvy about football, and I think it more likely that Ali Mack (who's been making gaffes like that for four years now) was the architect of most of that.

crazycottager

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2014, 10:40:40 AM
It's sad to see the number of empty seats we have at the moment, let alone having the task of another tier to fill.

I would suggest that any redevelopment needs to have premier league stability attached to it. Difficult to guarantee that, of course.

the fact that so many people can abandon theclub is gut-wrenching, and It would sting even more if they came back if we got promoted

love4ffc

Getting cheaper seats for all sporting venues seems like it should be a priority for all sports organizations. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

NogoodBoyo

Classic business conundrum. 
Charge your loyal, long-term customers (season ticket holders) an arm and a leg for their upfront purchases which the company can bank , then sell the vacant seats (or unsold product) cheaply in the short term to johnny come latelies with no loyalty to the company at all which brings no long term benefit at all: a really naive business strategy and a guaranteed way of losing your best customers.
Nogod "wake up and smell the coffee, isit" Boyo

Logicalman

Quote from: love4ffc on September 10, 2014, 02:46:37 AM
Getting cheaper seats for all sporting venues seems like it should be a priority for all sports organizations. 

With free flights from the US thrown in as well, of course!!   :dead horse:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Berserker

When I worked in the retail trade we were careful not to sell cakes going out of date cheaply at the end of the day, this was because customers get wise to a shop selling stock cheaply to get rid of it so wouldn't buy it at it's proper price,  but wait until later when they knew goodd would be reduced.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

You can't blame the club for selling season tickets a per usual -and they were reduced weren't they?

But the club has no way of knowing how seats will sell during the season -which depends a lot on how successful the team is doing.

Obviously, low gates will likely lead to reduced prices - it's just business.

Customers always have a choice of buying something immediately that they want, or waiting to see if the price comes down in the future- in any retail sphere.

But the person who purchases a season ticket has all the advantages of that - of not having to bother about buying tickets, priority booking choosing where you want to sit, etc, and even price wise they may not be that much worse off, even if prices are reduced.

They are also helping the club they love greatly, of course.

RaySmith

I'd rather see the investment going into the team at the moment, and think the club should concentrate on getting results on the field, which will lead to the club being far more valuable in all respects if we get back into the Prem, than a new stand -which could remain unfilled, and is a potential white elephant.

In fact, I don't think it is a good idea to build a new stand at the moment, and am against the idea. Wait until we're back in the Prem, otherwise it is a potential waste of money.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: RaySmith on September 10, 2014, 09:06:00 AM
I'd rather see the investment going into the team at the moment, and think the club should concentrate on getting results on the field, which will lead to the club being far more valuable in all respects if we get back into the Prem, than a new stand -which could remain unfilled, and is a potential white elephant.

In fact, I don't think it is a good idea to build a new stand at the moment, and am against the idea. Wait until we're back in the Prem, otherwise it is a potential waste of money.

I agree with most of what you, but the money saved may only buy a Mitroglou, Ruiz, Marlet or Berbatov's wages for a year  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

Perhaps this has been answered before, but here goes.
What is the expected construction time period of the new stand, and will any of the existing stand be available during that construction time?

I know it sounds a simple question, but I ask because if none of the old riverside will be available during the construction period, and that period impinges on the season, then waiting until we are back in the top flight would actually cause us to lose money due to reduced capacity, as opposed to building whilst we have spare capacity due to our current position, and so minimizing that potential revenue loss.

Either way its a gamble I guess.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

I have a different question.  If the build goes through successfully and the new terrace is added.  How, or would it, effect the historical value of the Cottage? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: love4ffc on September 10, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
I have a different question.  If the build goes through successfully and the new terrace is added.  How, or would it, effect the historical value of the Cottage? 

Personally I wouldn't have thought a lot.
We already have three 'modern' stands engulfing the Cottage and Stevenage Road Stand.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

It is my understanding that the Riverside stand, will be operational on match days, for use for spectators, whilst the alterations are taking place, to avoid as little disruption as possible. Therefore, on that basis they can modernise the Riverside Stand to their specifications, without affecting the size of attendances. I have just driven down Stevenage Road, and the Bulldozers and Scaffolding is already outside in the road.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.