more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2,000th Post

Started by nose, September 09, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I am fast approaching my 2,000th post.
I want to make it one where I start my own intellectually profound and esoteric  discussion.
I would prefer the topic to be non Jol and non bryan ruiz related.

Any sensible suggestions gratefully received.
Any less sensible ones will be gratefully received too.

Thank you in advance.

alfie

Quote from: nose on September 09, 2014, 03:30:21 PM
I want to make it one where I start my own intellectually profound and esoteric  discussion.

Thank you in advance.
Well we have had sausages,
so why not go for what is the best size for a chicken leg.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose

Quote from: alfie on September 09, 2014, 03:31:42 PM
Quote from: nose on September 09, 2014, 03:30:21 PM
I want to make it one where I start my own intellectually profound and esoteric  discussion.

Thank you in advance.
Well we have had sausages,
so why not go for what is the best size for a chicken leg.

Very funny suggestion I am laughing (seriously) but I am not sure that is quite what i had in mind for this occasion.

dannyboi-ffc

Why not pay tribute to yourself? Tell us your life story from birth..... to how you got the name nose.... and all the encounters/adventures you faced on the road to 2000 posts.

Who (nose), they might even make a film about you.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 09, 2014, 03:37:57 PM
Why not pay tribute to yourself? Tell us your life story from birth..... to how you got the name nose.... and all the encounters/adventures you faced on the road to 2000 posts.

Who (nose), they might even make a film about you.

Now you're talking! Who wouldn't be impressed with that.

But how I got the name Nose will not wait.
I wanted and AKA and I needed something i would remeber and had relevance.
George Clinton is a top man in music and one of his inventions was Sirnosedevoidoffunk, so I just reduced all that to Nose... I am funky

WhiteJC

how about telling us about your first game, favourite player or tell us if you have any match day rituals?

Baszab

..Kya.ffc..

Perhaps an open discussion on what and what not to put mustard on. Or strange food combinations..

No I like both dannyboi-ffc  and WhiteJC suggestions.   0001.jpeg

Enjoy that last few post to 2k!
Beers may have been involved in this post.

sunburywhite

Run a poll on who likes coke and who likes pepsi
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 09, 2014, 05:15:49 PM
Run a poll on who likes coke and who likes pepsi

too complicated..... what if you like neither? Then what happens? Honestly sunbury you gotta think these things through. You cant just go round suggesting stuff like that.

Back to the drawing board :)

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Lighthouse

Maybe A discussion on life as a game of football. How far along are we in the match and what is the present score? Are the crowd on our side or are they booing. Do we have the right management strategy or have we let the game/life slip away. Or has injury and an own goal in the opening minute of the game done for us.

I for instance  am holding on for a lucky draw but am down to 10 men due to injury and playing my subs too early. The opposition are all over me and I am waiting for the final whistle to blow. Or a lucky break away.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

I am impressed especially with a mustard based theme as part of life compared to a football game.

Tomorrow I resume my football career. Too many drop outs half my age claiming they r too old, needed replacing and we have an experimental game with lots of younsters and me plus one other over a certain age.

I will play the libero role!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

A collection of 'food related words' related to football

eg:  He was mustard on the wing   
       He completely miss-kicked and made an egg of himself
       He had a NOSE for being in the right place at corners (not food but topical)

etc.

Put your food hat on Nose       
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Forever Fulham

Tell us how you managed to move your wedding date back a month during the team's Europa League run.
Or your study comparing our current players to breeds of dog they most resemble in appearance and temperament.
Or how many steps it takes you from the last stop to your assigned seat.
Who was captain on the day you bought each car you've ever owned?
If one were to dive into the Thames closest to the stadium, given the speed of the flow of water, and swimming at a normal pace, how far down would you drift before reaching the other side?
How many restaurants within a two mile radius of the stadium sell Tandoori Chicken?
Was Benny Hill ever funny?
Will Forever Fulham ever stop going on about Ruiz?  He's giving me a headache.
How do you manipulate the controller to this X-Box FIFA game my nephew got me last year for Christmas? I can't get Figo to kick the ball forward.

RidgeRider

I'm thinking you should pick the winner from the Best Looking Women over 40 thread.

dannyboi-ffc

Write a story 2000 words long and post each word separately on a different post. That way you double your post tally in quick time and we get to read a story. The first idea I had was good but i fear that if you share too much private information, some people will start getting nosey!!! Hahaha get it?

At least I make myself laugh.

Maybe the characters could be named after fulham players. Like  the dog called duff who liked to go wruff!

Or mitroglou the nurse.......

Tweedle dum ruiz and tweedle dee ruiz..... one plays well for costa rica.and the other.......

ray wilkins the alcoholic who sleeps on a bench in bishops park

special guest harry redknapp the pigeon

And captain khan(hook) who is always trying to capture alistair pan(sy) with his band of merry pirates jol and rene from netherland.

Like always there must be a happy ending like maybe michael brown and lawrie sanchez walking the plank.

And finally like all great stories leave a cliff hanger at the end to keep open the option of a sequel. Something like the unexpected kidnapping of larnell cole.

Good luck and remember 1 word per post.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

sunburywhite

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 09, 2014, 07:48:23 PM
Tell us how you managed to move your wedding date back a month during the team's Europa League run.
Or your study comparing our current players to breeds of dog they most resemble in appearance and temperament.
Or how many steps it takes you from the last stop to your assigned seat.
Who was captain on the day you bought each car you've ever owned?
If one were to dive into the Thames closest to the stadium, given the speed of the flow of water, and swimming at a normal pace, how far down would you drift before reaching the other side?
How many restaurants within a two mile radius of the stadium sell Tandoori Chicken?
Was Benny Hill ever funny?
Will Forever Fulham ever stop going on about Ruiz?  He's giving me a headache.
How do you manipulate the controller to this X-Box FIFA game my nephew got me last year for Christmas? I can't get Figo to kick the ball forward.

I had the same problem with Parker then I realised he cant kick the ball forward
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

nose

i didn't know what I started but food based is good
music is good
my trip to exeter with wife is less good, it snowed and she threatened divorce, gale missed a penalty on the muddiest pitch ever and the ball to be fair never even reached the goal it was that heavy

best meal before a game, best meal after... rituals are too may to list

alan clarke saying like and y'know in interview

i still have a day or so before the game on saturday so i must reach 2000 before the serious stuff.

Holders

I challenge you to start a topic on something the most NFR. You have pond sludge, Marmite and nursery rhymes to beat.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Holders on September 09, 2014, 09:31:57 PM
I challenge you to start a topic on something the most NFR. You have pond sludge, Marmite and nursery rhymes to beat.

haha my good old nursery rhymes. That humpty dumpty still baffles me. You dont get more random than that

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]