watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Simon Davies has a new club

Started by Lighthouse, September 10, 2014, 03:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Pembrokeshire League Football side Solva AFC have signed former Fulham/Everton//Spurs 34-year old winger Simon Davies
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

All the best to him.

He must still have a lot of ability and class -you don't lose it overnight.

bog

Will never forget Simon's endevours for the club.

092.gif

Tonywa

One of my very favourite players of recent years.  A wonderful pro.

FFCAli

Good luck to him.  I hope he brings them as much joy as he did us!

love4ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 10, 2014, 04:13:53 PM
If I found a new club, I would use it to beat a certain Manager over the head with it.
:005: 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jms

SD.....My favourite player since we've been in the Prem........oops, not in the prem anymore !

FishaPrice

davies was true professional for us! what a great player

ron

Hope he reads this board and realises the warmth of feeling that we all have towards him.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Tonywa on September 10, 2014, 03:46:18 PM
One of my very favourite players of recent years.  A wonderful pro.

I second that emotion.

dannyboi-ffc

A very good player with a superb attitude towards our club. Some like steed and dembele were more gifted but when you blend all what made simon davies who he was, you get the ultimate player.

Some players used us as a stepping stone, others thought they were too big or just didnt fit in. But simon davies got it, he understood what fulham represented and thats the best gift of all. Only a handful of players in recent years have had that connection.... simon morgan, volz, symons, mcbride, murphy, brede(he once did). Id add simon to that list and thats a massive compliment.

The only player to ever score in a final for the whites and I was there! Plus the hamburg goal, technically one.of the best ive seen fulham score.

He is one of a special elite group of 8 with hughes, brede, konch, baird, murphy, dempsey and nevland who were all part of 3 incredible years. The great escape, our highest ever finish and the europa league final. How fitting that all of them played that night, they are heroes.

God bless ya simon, the utmost respect and the fondest memories. I wish we had more players like you.

Solva Afc you are very lucky!

Good luck mate
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Twig

Quote from: ron on September 10, 2014, 05:28:29 PM
Hope he reads this board and realises the warmth of feeling that we all have towards him.

Seconded

Burt

Quote from: Twig on September 10, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
Quote from: ron on September 10, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

Seconded

Thirded.

Top man.

His goal at Hamburg in the final will probably be the highlight. We didn't get the result, but just for a while we could believe...

Shredhead

Fourthed.
He's from Solva so it's also great that he's turning out for his local club.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

hovewhite

Now what a video that would make 3 years of joy,is what I would call it!!

HatterDon

He may lose his pace and quick first step, but that class will be with him all the days of his life.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCAli

I like him even more now I've read that he's paying £3 a game like all his teammates! 065.gif

LBNo11

...so rare to be graced with a player of intelligence and integrity. 'Digger' was my second favourite player after Dempsey. The consummate professional and a credit to the sport. His goal at Hamburg was great, but his goal against Hamburg at Craven Cottage ranks among the top five goals I have seen, cool and skillful, and the word/s that keeps being mentioned "class"/"Classy" describe him well.

To go and play for the small team from the town you grew up in - and pay your dues to do so says it all. Good luck Simon, I just wish we had had a song for you so you would have known how much we appreciated what you did...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Stoneleigh Loyalist

He was so lucky to be born in such a lovely place and will now be playing there.

The Rock

Because it's his local club I get it.

But after Fulham he didn't suddenly become terrible. He could have played in the Championship or League One I'm sure for a year or two. It seems that once you hit that mid-30's something, even if you'd be the best player on the pitch, can't even make a conference side. Why is that? Shunned from old age?