watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts of a so called apologist

Started by Peabody, September 13, 2014, 06:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Firstly, I wish people would think before they start insulting fellow Fulham Fans (yes, I know I have been guilty of that in the recent past) but what you are doing is saying that we (the so called apologists) are just as responsible for Fulham's demise as the current job holders are. All of this because we look at supporting Fulham differently to you. I am just as sickened and saddened by Fulham's current situation as you are. I am sitting here now pulling what little hair I have left out. I am dreading going to bed tonight, because I know I will not sleep and I will dread the next match but hope against hope that we might pull of a surprise but knowing that this is unlikely but I will also look at all things Fulham positevly, I know in my heart of hearts, that Fulham will turn things around and start winning and entertaining us again. Why do I know this, because, I and a lot of others have seen all this before and no, it is not the end of FfC.

When you those of us apologists, I can hear the sneers in your words and can just imagine you rubbing your hands in glee in taking us on again. So, be honest, you  anti apologists are doing just that. Does that sound harsh too you, coming from one Fulham fan to another? Well your accusations are just as harsh. Can I just say, all I want is some patience and if that makes me an apologist, well I am guilty.

Finally, yes, you can call for FM and AM to be dismissed but it is utterly stupid to call for Mr Khans dismissal as well

Denver Fulham

Peabody, it's one thing (a noble one, at that) to support the club no matter what. We all want the club to do well.

At certain points, you just have to admit defeat and stop defending the indefensible. Magath has to go immediately if not sooner, and if ownership doesn't want to remove Mac for what's transpired over the last 2+ years, then he needs to be relegated solely to business development and they need a football person in charge who's not incompetent.

This isn't complicated. Every person on this board has been saying as much for at least a year.

Baszab

Don't take it personally - it's just that most of us are so fed up that we lose patience with the few FM supporters and rose tinted apologists left - we are all on the same team in the end

Berserker

We just need a good manager that can get the team organised and motivated. I think we have a good enough team
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 13, 2014, 06:30:35 PM
Peabody, it's one thing (a noble one, at that) to support the club no matter what. We all want the club to do well.

At certain points, you just have to admit defeat and stop defending the indefensible. Magath has to go immediately if not sooner, and if ownership doesn't want to remove Mac for what's transpired over the last 2+ years, then he needs to be relegated solely to business development and they need a football person in charge who's not incompetent.

This isn't complicated. Every person on this board has been saying as much for at least a year.

If you read my earlier thread titled The End of the Road, then you will see my current thinking

bill taylors apprentice

Rather than worry about some stupid comments on here, there's a lot more important stuff going on at the club to worry about.
You carry on thinking positively by all means, I've seen it before too but I don't want to hit rock bottom in record time and spend decades trying to get back to near the top again. 

Twig

Sorry but I don't see why it is "utterly stupid" to call for Khan to sell his interest in the club.  Thus far he has presided over a disaster and I am beginning to fear another Cabra Estates style attempt to asset strip.  No, I have no evidence but I fear it.

Nothing personal Peabody, I too am an old time supporter but to my mind supporting the club does not have to include blind subservience to the existing regime.

HatterDon

Quote from: Twig on September 13, 2014, 07:16:09 PM
Sorry but I don't see why it is "utterly stupid" to call for Khan to sell his interest in the club.  Thus far he has presided over a disaster and I am beginning to fear another Cabra Estates style attempt to asset strip.  No, I have no evidence but I fear it.

Nothing personal Peabody, I too am an old time supporter but to my mind supporting the club does not have to include blind subservience to the existing regime.

I think it's the fact that so many of you doomsayers "have no evidence, but fear it" that makes much of what you say silly and unnecessarily alarmist. That and the fact that, "There's been a complete turnover in personnel; give the manager and the squad a chance to settle" gets translated by you folks as "blind subservience to the existing regime," makes it hard to have any sensible discourse on ... well, I guess, pretty much anything.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on September 13, 2014, 08:17:24 PM
Sorry but I don't see why it is "utterly stupid" to call for Khan to sell his interest in the club.  Thus far he has presided over a disaster and I am beginning to fear another Cabra Estates style attempt to asset strip.  No, I have no evidence but I fear it.

I think it's the fact that so many of you doomsayers "have no evidence, but fear it" that makes much of what you say silly and unnecessarily alarmist. That and the fact that, "There's been a complete turnover in personnel; give the manager and the squad a chance to settle" gets translated by you folks as "blind subservience to the existing regime," makes it hard to have any sensible discourse on ... well, I guess, pretty much anything.
Is one point out of 18 not evidence? If not, how much longer do we continue in the same vein before it is enough evidence? And as for "give the squad the chance to settle", surely the best way to do that is to let the team get used to playing together? But no, Felix gets the team right against Cardiff but instead of keeping the same team we have more changes and illogical substitutions.

HatterDon

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 13, 2014, 08:42:18 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 13, 2014, 08:17:24 PM
Sorry but I don't see why it is "utterly stupid" to call for Khan to sell his interest in the club.  Thus far he has presided over a disaster and I am beginning to fear another Cabra Estates style attempt to asset strip.  No, I have no evidence but I fear it.

Is one point out of 18 not evidence? If not, how much longer do we continue in the same vein before it is enough evidence? And as for "give the squad the chance to settle", surely the best way to do that is to let the team get used to playing together? But no, Felix gets the team right against Cardiff but instead of keeping the same team we have more changes and illogical substitutions.

Please notice that I was responding to Mr. Twig's post, and yes, one point out of 18 is NOT evidence of an intent to asset strip.

As for making changes, remember that we have a crush of games coming up. I suppose it would be more reasonable to make NO changes and NO substitutions over the next 18 days or so? Not to my miind.

GloucesterWhite

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I do not believe Khan is asset stripping, just out of his depth partly because he is not getting the advice he needs.

Denver Fulham

If Khan's goal was to asset strip, why would he pay a premium ABOVE Premier League value to acquire the club in the first place? Makes zero sense.

SP

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on September 13, 2014, 06:44:14 PM
We just need a good manager that can get the team organised and motivated. I think we have a good enough team

For sure  :005:

jms

Quote from: Berserker on September 13, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

You're the only person talking any sense.....but then am I surprised ?! We women know it's not rocket science  049:gif

YankeeJim

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 13, 2014, 08:54:12 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I do not believe Khan is asset stripping, just out of his depth partly because he is not getting the advice he needs.

Brilliant. In one sentence you nailed the problem. Khan bought a pig in a poke. The squad was unmotivated, old, slow and over paid. The manager was even worse. Who to blame? The yank who got fleeced or the one who did the fleecing? I know Mo is a legend and he gave much to Fulham but that stopped around Hamburg. Khan made a major business mistake by buying a team in meltdown and sticking with the management team and then accepting their very poor advise. A football man's first step would have been to clean house because there wasn't any talent between the youth squads and management. Jol should have been canned much earlier and Ali Mac after Kostalot, Curbisher & the other fool who's name escapes me at the moment. Rene should have been told he was interim manager and would be kept on as coach once an adequate search had been done, and, as a prior Felix supporter (I apologize) I must admit that he doesn't seem to have a clue. From Burn at rt back & staying with it for an hour to the young Greek left back not seeing the pitch today, are decisions that I just don't understand.

All that sounds good but somehow actions speak louder than words. Khan didn't get rich by being stupid & I don't believe he bought Fulham to lose his shirt. He is the horse we have in this race and bashing him doesn't solve anything. He may contribute to the problem with his lack of English soccer experience, but he is the only one, at this point, that can fix it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

You're the only person talking any sense.....but then am I surprised ?! We women know it's not rocket science  049:gif
[/quote]

That's sexist and I wish to complain..............Admin...........Admin.........where are they when you need them ?
You're right, I believe we do have the players but.........
I can't believe that a professional manager would have no plan B if a player gets sent off.
Surely you have to plan for circumstances when a 'key' player leaves the pitch and not for the last hour have no pre-planned tactics.
The bench selection was weird to say the least and it went down hill from there.
For goodness sake we were 2-0 and still defending from deep, get at the b*****s not try to hang on to a 2-0 defeat.
Odd as poo
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Berserker

Poo isn't odd is it? I thought everybody did it ; -)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nose

Quote from: Peabody on September 13, 2014, 06:28:03 PM
Firstly, I wish people would think before they start insulting fellow Fulham Fans (yes, I know I have been guilty of that in the recent past) but what you are doing is saying that we (the so called apologists) are just as responsible for Fulham's demise as the current job holders are. All of this because we look at supporting Fulham differently to you. I am just as sickened and saddened by Fulham's current situation as you are. I am sitting here now pulling what little hair I have left out. I am dreading going to bed tonight, because I know I will not sleep and I will dread the next match but hope against hope that we might pull of a surprise but knowing that this is unlikely but I will also look at all things Fulham positevly, I know in my heart of hearts, that Fulham will turn things around and start winning and entertaining us again. Why do I know this, because, I and a lot of others have seen all this before and no, it is not the end of FfC.

When you those of us apologists, I can hear the sneers in your words and can just imagine you rubbing your hands in glee in taking us on again. So, be honest, you  anti apologists are doing just that. Does that sound harsh too you, coming from one Fulham fan to another? Well your accusations are just as harsh. Can I just say, all I want is some patience and if that makes me an apologist, well I am guilty.

Finally, yes, you can call for FM and AM to be dismissed but it is utterly stupid to call for Mr Khans dismissal as well

i always call people appologists who defend the indefensible. I don't mean it as an insult or slur and in fact | know you are as much a top class supporter as me, just with a different point of view.
BUT
I will still use the term because unfortunately when the titanic is sinking because the captain through sheer incompetence hit an iceberg, and has a chance to save the ship but just insists on hitting it again..... and people say, give him another week or two it will all come good and you can see him heading for another iceberg... then I am afraid absolute frustration sets in and I try to illuminate that all is very wrong, and was obviously so for ages.

Those that support and make excuses may still be great supporters but have misread the situation.

I only ever have a go or sneer at people who are rude or do not argue sensibly as Blingo
has done. he was wrong but spoke well, like you do too and I love your jokes (well some of them).

I take such a lot of stick for voicing my opinions, but I try to argue them even when I am the only one left if I believe in them and so should you. But if you have finally come to realise that the current manager is the wrong man, I am pleased it is now apparent.

For me this was a bit like the jol thing, I thought he was going to destroy us from the moment he arrived.... i reserved judgement on magath until the third game of this season and then I had seen enough, it was obvious what was about to happen.

HatterDon

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on September 13, 2014, 08:54:12 PM

There's a solid opinion I can drink to.  077.gif