more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parkers Comments

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 14, 2014, 07:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Pointless Spineless Cack.
Why do footballers spit out the same nonsense, is it a lack of vocabulary ?

"The Fulham Captain admits Wednesday's match with Nottingham Forest cannot come soon enough"
Nor can the supporters over stuffed wallets and the midweek journey up the M4

"Parker gave credit to the hosts for being the dominant side, insisting the Whites must quickly put this performance behind them"
Well done Reading.  OK chaps on to the next one

"Before the sending off I think we were up against it," said Parker. "Then the sending off makes life doubly hard really. We get in at half-time at 1-0 and then they wore us down. To be fair to them, I thought they were a very good side. They dominated the game from start to finish and deserved to win.

Speechless. If you're not rock bottom, sure, heap praise where it's due, but how did we let them dominate the game, which they did emphatically

"In the first half there were a couple of chances but as the game wore on we started to get a bit leggy, which you can understand playing with 10 men for a large part of the game, but we're not making any excuses for the 10 men.

He can understand why the players got leggy, but makes no excuse for it.  Yes you are ???  More or less running needed Scott ?  
2 versus 1 would be difficult but 11 versus 10 young fit guys.....nah

"We dropped off them a little bit. They have a lot of time on the ball and every time they were switching the play it was causing us a few problems which we tried to deal with, but it was difficult at times, so we all need to take a long hard look and see what we can do moving forward."
Why did we drop off them, he's the Captain ...."OK chaps let's not drop off them, let's get at them".  
He's never played against a team who switches the play ?
But, taking a long hard look and seeing what they can do moving forward, that's the answer, watch the horror movies over and over
That's it take a long hard look, and wouldn't it be nice to move forward ...and upward.

"We all knew at the start of the season that the Championship is a tough league
Maybe we're starting to realise how tough it really is now. It'll be exactly what we've seen since the start of the season really. Every game we've had has been really difficult, really tough."

We knew it was going to be tough, but are starting to realize how tough it really is.  
They should have realized that after the first 5 minutes of the Ipswich, or long before.
How much tougher could it be, unless you turn the clock back to the Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris era when you could tackle from behind and barge the goalie over the line for a goal.

"Going to Forest away will be equally as tough as Reading, so it is a quick turnaround, and I suppose one positive is that we can get to work and in a few days we play again, so we can't dwell on this for too long. We've got to draw a line under it and try and move forward."
And as tough as all of the previous games and every game until the end of the season. Just wait for the muddy pitches Scott.
A positive is we can get to work.  I've got to go to go to work tomorrow, not sure if it's positive or not.
Never mind dwelling on it, just draw a line under it and move forward. That would be nice.

This is our club captain speaking, or repeating politically correct nonsense.
Show some balls Scott, perhaps try Rooneys approach of having player meetings, but be careful of anyone listening outside the room.
I think he should join AM and FM on UB40 queue.
I can sense a few previous captains thinking........Why have we got a church mouse as captain
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

NorfolkJim

I suspect they are forced to say this stuff - in the sense that they cant speak the truth for fear of losing their career.

Its not really the players that are at fault here - first half against Cardiff showed they can play well - its all the other stuff that's going on and that we don't get to see

dannydog

He actually said we would still have lost with 11 men on the pitch, but the club have censored that bit. What a joke.

Dan in Notts

Agreed that footballer interviews are frequently disappointing and banal - but 'twas ever thus and not sure he can publicly say much different, though it would be refreshing.

Re your first point, can I draw on my local knowledge heartily to recommend the M1 as a far better bet than the M4 for getting to Nottingham! To be fair, it'll probably be more fun driving up and down the M4 than going to the City Ground.

hovewhite

Think nosy is really pissed off with what's goin on in the club and wishes he left with the rest.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Re your first point, can I draw on my local knowledge heartily to recommend the M1 as a far better bet than the M4 for getting to Nottingham! To be fair, it'll probably be more fun driving up and down the M4 than going to the City Ground.
[/quote]

Oops, it's been a long time, let me try again.
M25 (and other roads) to M1 (from South)

SouthfieldWhite

I gave up reading the original post as it came across as another anti Parker post,

He's being honest, I'd rather that than him bullshitting us fans.

The manager tells the players whether to drop off or not, not the captain

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 14, 2014, 10:37:16 PM
I gave up reading the original post as it came across as another anti Parker post,

He's being honest, I'd rather that than him bullshitting us fans.

The manager tells the players whether to drop off or not, not the captain

Reading mine or anyones posts are your freedom of choice.
But it's another anti-Parker thread with some irony ?
It's not his fault he's captain, a job he's not suitable for.

It's not honesty when virtually all you do is praise the opposition and say things like "put it behind us"
What's a matter with
"Let's be Honest, irrespective of how Reading played we were awful and had no contingency for losing a striker, we were overrun and had no idea how to combat them.
We created hardly any chances"...... etc

That's honesty which I'm sure he's not allowed to say.  :0)

Also a manager can only dictate tactics he can't control everything that happens minute by minute.
eg:  "Dan, cover the left side, Kavanagh has been caught up field"
       "Emerson drop in there, he's getting too much space"
       "Kiraly, you need to come out more for corners"
       " Hoog, no point pumping the ball up field, we've got no height since Matt got sent off"

That's pitch management, shouting, cajoling etc.
Occasionally he points.

epsomraver

Parker was a fantastic captain for West ham and is known to be very inspirational, he, like Beckham is a truly complete pro footballer and has been again like Beckham since he was 12. What he is not is an actor in that he cannot  hide his despair at what is going on at the club. Against Milwall near the end of the game he came to collect the ball near us  and you could see from his body language he  was really pissed off, same as Hangeland and co showed under Jol, they do not know what the manager wants from them on the pitch because he doesn't know himself so please get off Parker's back, he is one of 11 players on the pitch

As regards pitch management what do you think the coaching area is for? not seen managers shouting , whistling, waving ?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

please get off Parker's back, he is one of 11 players on the pitch

As regards pitch management what do you think the coaching area is for? not seen managers shouting , whistling, waving ?
[/quote][/i]

I've not seen Magath get off his seat very often (but I only watch on streams and TV)
Amongst all of the noise it's often impossible to be heard, however my instruction
examples are minute-by-minute details. If the manager was to constantly shout them
out from the bench, most wouldn't be heared and the players would lose consebtration
looking to the touchline all the time.
Parker is club captain, the other 10 on the pitch are not.
As a player I think he's playing very well, but as a captain not.
If he doesn't understand the managers plans and sees the whole thing going belly up
perhaps he should improvise a little.  That's what good captains/managers are supposed
to do.

Have you never seen Mutiny on the Bounty  :0)

Arthur

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 14, 2014, 07:11:57 PM
Pointless Spineless Cack.
Why do footballers spit out the same nonsense, is it a lack of vocabulary ?

Nor can the supporters over stuffed wallets and the midweek journey up the M4

Well done Reading.  OK chaps on to the next one

Speechless. If you're not rock bottom, sure, heap praise where it's due, but how did we let them dominate the game, which they did emphatically

He can understand why the players got leggy, but makes no excuse for it.  Yes you are ???  More or less running needed Scott ?  
2 versus 1 would be difficult but 11 versus 10 young fit guys.....nah

Why did we drop off them, he's the Captain ...."OK chaps let's not drop off them, let's get at them".  
He's never played against a team who switches the play ?
But, taking a long hard look and seeing what they can do moving forward, that's the answer, watch the horror movies over and over
That's it take a long hard look, and wouldn't it be nice to move forward ...and upward.

We knew it was going to be tough, but are starting to realize how tough it really is.  
They should have realized that after the first 5 minutes of the Ipswich, or long before.
How much tougher could it be, unless you turn the clock back to the Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris era when you could tackle from behind and barge the goalie over the line for a goal.

And as tough as all of the previous games and every game until the end of the season. Just wait for the muddy pitches Scott.
A positive is we can get to work.  I've got to go to go to work tomorrow, not sure if it's positive or not.
Never mind dwelling on it, just draw a line under it and move forward. That would be nice.

This is our club captain speaking, or repeating politically correct nonsense.
Show some balls Scott, perhaps try Rooneys approach of having player meetings, but be careful of anyone listening outside the room.
I think he should join AM and FM on UB40 queue.
I can sense a few previous captains thinking........Why have we got a church mouse as captain

Understandably, you are frustrated at our continuing decline. I do wonder, however, what you expect a footballer who plays for a Club experiencing difficulties to say. Do you seriously expect him to talk in the colloquial manner that you have adopted here? Unlike Parker, your and my opinions are not representing the Club; we can spout whatever we like without having to consider the possible consequences because, outside of this forum, the football media take absolutely no notice of what you and I think.

What I think, however, is that our captain comes across far more eloquently and accurately in his assessment of the match than do you in your criticism of him.