watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix will never win us over

Started by NorfolkJim, September 14, 2014, 08:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Generally you have a pretty good idea after 10 games what kind of a season we are in for - not quite there yet but I expect to be beaten by Forest and I have little optimism for the remainders either - so it looks to me like its another relegation season for us.
Felix does not seem to have changed his ways at all, nor is there any sign of improvement. I think the bulk of our support have taken an unshakable dislike to his methods, some to him personally.
What i fear is that this has Venkeys carbon copy all over it - distant ownership with a bigger business at home - unpopular manager
What is going on is crazy - its a destroy and rebuild strategy but it looks like too much destroy - not enough rebuild and the manager is more than a little crazy in the head.
How long before Khan sees this just isn't working?

Artful Dodger

He had 10 games to win me over last season and failed miserably and I didn't need another 10 this season to know he isn't the right man. However Khan has got to take as much blame as Magath. They can both go as far as I am concerned.

I genuinely don't think Khan knows there is relegation in uk soccerball.....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

NorfolkJim

I don't know if khan is genuine or not but he has not lived up to his word so far.
On the other hand - I think we could do worse with owners - Think Portsmouth

Jem

Frankly, I think it will take a miracle.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

NorfolkJim

Well I'm green with envy at that Yellow team down the road from me - see how they fought back from 2-0 away at Cardiff - They didn't just sack the entire team and throw all their youngsters in at the deep end in some kind of monstrous sink or swim experiment.
This is the first time in my life I'm not confident of 3 points when the Canaries come to CC.

Frankly I just can't believe whats happening now - its like a bad dream - How much money does BILLIONAIRE Khan need to hang on to?- Its like he set us up to cut costs at any price, yet sticks 24m worth of striker not even on the bench.
I know there is fair play rules to consider but this has been over the top and then some.
I personally felt disaster was on the cards when they sold Stockdale. Regardless of what anyone thought of him as a keeper, he was the one guy who really seemed to hurt in our relegation. Whatever happened with Brede, I think he had come to be Fulham through and through - but I hardly recognise what Fulham is any more - Maybe it is what Fulham is to do the dirty on players.

What hurts the most is seeing / hearing the discord in our own fans

Lighthouse

What I find odd is that we were quick enough to push Rene out the door. But we are hanging on for grim death now. We can expect a battle against relegation with this team. However I think it is fair to say another manager may be able to change things for the better. After all it cannot be any worse.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Knees up mother Brown
Knees up mother Brown
Up the table we will go,
You'll look a fool and and then you'll know..
You'll never stop the Fulham,
With all your clap trap
Knees up, knees up
Don't give the love up
Knees up knees up,
The super Whites are going up,
Knees up mother brow-ow-en!

Woolly Mammoth

How much more evidence does this chairman need to be convinced that is lumbered with a man that has been out of his depth ever since he crossed the English Channel and entered Gods Country. He has had more time than Rene, and more defeats, yet Rene was dispatched without any thought of the consequences to be replaced by a man who lacked any credentials and qualifications to suggest that he could manage an English Premier League Club, Yet here he is creating further unrest damage and carnage to our club. Not being satisfied in taking us down when he said he wouldst definitely save us, when most decent Managers would have. He is now going for a record of how many defeats you can have in one season to guarentee a second relegation in succession, and to complete the task as soon as possible.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2014, 11:48:29 PM
How much more evidence does this chairman need to be convinced that is lumbered with a man that has been out of his depth ever since he crossed the English Channel and entered Gods Country. He has had more time than Rene, and more defeats, yet Rene was dispatched without any thought of the consequences to be replaced by a man who lacked any credentials and qualifications to suggest that he could manage an English Premier League Club, Yet here he is creating further unrest damage and carnage to our club. Not being satisfied in taking us down when he said he wouldst definitely save us, when most decent Managers would have. He is now going for a record of how many defeats you can have in one season to guarentee a second relegation in succession, and to complete the task as soon as possible.
I know that WE are celebrating the Great War and our fallen heroes, but you really can't have this hatred of someone born outside of the UK! You seem to hate the man since day one and mainly because he is German!?

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 14, 2014, 11:30:34 PM
What I find odd is that we were quick enough to push Rene out the door. But we are hanging on for grim death now.

A straightforward issue of timing; if there were only 12 games left to play this season and we needed 18-or-19 points (as we did when Meulensteen departed), Felix would be replaced. There are, however, 40 games left to play; if the next 12 games yield only, say, 16 points, it wouldn't be the end of our hopes of staying up this season.

Burt

Fans are fickle things.

If (and it does seem a big "if", at the moment) things started to click and we embarked on a long unbeaten run then I am sure the sentiment of many will change.

RaySmith

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 14, 2014, 11:54:11 PM
I know that WE are celebrating the Great War and our fallen heroes, but you really can't have this hatred of someone born outside of the UK! You seem to hate the man since day one and mainly because he is German!?
0001.jpeg

There has been an unpleasantly anti--German edge to many posts about our manager, who embodies every stereotype about Germans apparently.

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on September 15, 2014, 06:00:46 AM
Fans are fickle things.

If (and it does seem a big "if", at the moment) things started to click and we embarked on a long unbeaten run then I am sure the sentiment of many will change.
0001.jpeg

Lewes White

We have more chance of re-developing the Riverside than going on a long, unbeaten run.!!!!!!!!!

Oakeshott

"If (and it does seem a big "if", at the moment) things started to click and we embarked on a long unbeaten run then I am sure the sentiment of many will change."

I doubt it. The point is that seasoned fans can tell when a manager clearly knows what he is doing, as with Tigana and Roy, and equally they can tell when a manager acts like a headless chicken, as with Jol and FM. It is the lack of consistent purpose in the way the team plays, plus absurdly sticking with players clearly not pulling their weight (as with Jol) or making ludicrous numbers of seemingly mindless changes (FM), coupled with poor man management (both) and an apparent inability to make sensible substitutions during games (both) that tell us we are being managed by  an incompetent.

It is not a matter of nationality - sure FM is German and Jol Dutch, but Tigana was Malian and Chris Coleman Welsh, and both were well liked by fans. And Maurice Volz, also German, was one of the most popular players during his time at the Club, for the honesty of the effort he put into each game. Those of us old enough to have been personally affected by the Second World War may well have some residual prejudice against Germany. But few surely have any against individual Germans, the vast majority of whom are young enough not to have any possible connections to Nazism and the evils of the Third Reich.

Berserker

He will win me over if results improve. I'm a fickle fan, plus I'm starting German lessons next werk at college
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

supersimmo123

Dressing room is lost, fans are lost, its game over. cant believe we are in this position. 18 months ago this would have been a huge nightmare.

alfie

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 14, 2014, 11:54:11 PM
OK Mr WM I am now on the 60-40 side that maybe he is not the right man for us, but what is this continuous fascination that because he is foreign he cannot understand the English game. Us supporters here in England think we know all about football, I know a few "mates" who think they know everything about Italian football, but think a German who has spent his whole life in the professional game won 3 titles in Germany saved 2/3 clubs from relegation cannot know anything about English football, this amazes me no end, he probably knows considerably more than a lot of us, but he is just eccentric in his ways. Just check how many managers have come into this country never managed here but have had success, there are a few.
I think if we do not get at least a draw against Blackburn we will be on our 5th manager in a year.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Apprentice to the Maestro

He will win some over just like Hughes did when the results improved after Christmas even though those in the first half of the season had been dire.

And just like Hughes he may go on to do a good job elsewhere.

But I will continue to remember the huge gulf between what he said and what he did in terms of team selection, substitutions and tactics and the consequences in terms of relegation and our current position.

Hughes was lucky to have the Europa League side to dig him out of a hole. Magath now has his own young squad and, promising as their future is, he doesn't seem to have the plan to offer us even mid-table security in the second level.

supersimmo123

Magath has made far to many schoolboy errors. Not getting in a CM, not buying wingers when he signs a 6'6 striker so no supply. Just cannot understand his logic, time is up. The axe will fall after a 4/5 nil drumming at Forest.