watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alas, Smith & Jones

Started by Nick Bateman, September 15, 2014, 05:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

The referee played a major factor in the game from what I saw.  The sending off of Matt Smith so early was an official not showing a ha'penny of 'common sense' and this was from a Premiership ref Mike Jones.  It was a 'hospital' ball and Smith lunged yes, but was worthy of a booking and no more, although that too would have meant a red as Jones had already booked him soon afater kick-off.

Jones has a shocking record in the PL, infamously aiding Arsenal to fourth position against Norwich giving a "phantom" penalty when the Gunners were losing; his record with Arsenal was 11 penalties awarded in 3 seasons!!

In the Reading game, he booked Fulham players for any slightly mistimed challenge, yet allowed Reading to scythe through from behind with only a word in the ear of the offending Reading player.  This was picked up by Dan Burn, who was more a captain than Scott Parker who doesn't look bothered nowadays, who remonstrated with the official after yet another foul went uncautioned.  Burn also ran to defend Smith from a horde of Reading individuals surrounding Jones; they did not need to as Jones had no hesitation reaching for the red card.

One is not excusing the lacking of our hapless, hopeless "manager" who gets hardly any effort out of our players, despite his so-called 'tough' physical regime, but Jones' officiating was probably the WORST I have seen Fulham suffer so far this season. 

I was hoping to get away from the rotten PL refs who are blatant in how they favour certain teams and have barely EVER favoured Fulham, yet for some reason they follow us down to the Championship and haunt us there! 

Players like Smith are needed to combat the Northerners using Ecky Thump to beat the southern 'softies' but while they send Premier League refs down to Fulham games, will we never be able to compete on an even and fair basis.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

shnlwswlkr

It was a definite red card. He flew in like a jumbo jet. No need too either.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Nick Bateman

Why then did Jones allow Reading to go through BEHIND players without a single caution??  This was picked up by Dan Burn who could see the double standards of a referee who hates Fulham!

grandad

It was said in another thread but I was disgusted with one of the Reading players emploring Jones to send him off & when he did so that player clenched both fists in excitement. Disgusting from a so called professional.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham Tup North

Red card all day long.  Regardless of what Division you are in or where the Ref comes from.
If that had been against a Fulham player, you would have been screaming for a Red Card.
Can't have it both ways Nick. ?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Jamie88

Why is it Nick, that nearly every thread you create seems to be all about bashing the referees? We could have had the most Fulham-biased ref officiating on Saturday and would've still been beaten 3-0 we were that bad.

Nick Bateman

Smith lunged but made no contact and he was going for the ball not a player's leg which would have been worthy of a red card.  It was a yellow card offense whether it was for or against us.

As for bashing refs, I have not done that, but why don't they stop bashing Fulham and we be allowed to concentrate on the football and our useless manager!??

Twig

What a pointless post. He woujld have gone with even a yellow so what difference did it make.  Anyhow we were already 1 down and overrun with 11 players.

vagrant

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 15, 2014, 05:19:48 PM
The referee played a major factor in the game from what I saw.  The sending off of Matt Smith so early was an official not showing a ha'penny of 'common sense' and this was from a Premiership ref Mike Jones.  It was a 'hospital' ball and Smith lunged yes, but was worthy of a booking and no more, although that too would have meant a red as Jones had already booked him soon afater kick-off.

Jones has a shocking record in the PL, infamously aiding Arsenal to fourth position against Norwich giving a "phantom" penalty when the Gunners were losing; his record with Arsenal was 11 penalties awarded in 3 seasons!!

In the Reading game, he booked Fulham players for any slightly mistimed challenge, yet allowed Reading to scythe through from behind with only a word in the ear of the offending Reading player.  This was picked up by Dan Burn, who was more a captain than Scott Parker who doesn't look bothered nowadays, who remonstrated with the official after yet another foul went uncautioned.  Burn also ran to defend Smith from a horde of Reading individuals surrounding Jones; they did not need to as Jones had no hesitation reaching for the red card.

One is not excusing the lacking of our hapless, hopeless "manager" who gets hardly any effort out of our players, despite his so-called 'tough' physical regime, but Jones' officiating was probably the WORST I have seen Fulham suffer so far this season. 

I was hoping to get away from the rotten PL refs who are blatant in how they favour certain teams and have barely EVER favoured Fulham, yet for some reason they follow us down to the Championship and haunt us there! 

Players like Smith are needed to combat the Northerners using Ecky Thump to beat the southern 'softies' but while they send Premier League refs down to Fulham games, will we never be able to compete on an even and fair basis.

Actually...I agree.....also atrocious refereeing against Ipswich and Wolves...

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Twig on September 15, 2014, 05:55:46 PM
What a pointless post. He woujld have gone with even a yellow so what difference did it make.  Anyhow we were already 1 down and overrun with 11 players.

Obviously you did not see the game!  The referee gave Fulham NO CHANCE regardless of the man advantage.  It was worse than Ipswich or Wolves in my opinion, which were more "man's game" officiating which I accept.

And why are they sending Premier League refs down to our games?  Something smells dirty to me....

grandad

What a pointless post. He woujld have gone with even a yellow so what difference did it make.  Anyhow we were already 1 down and overrun with 11 players.

The difference would have been only a one match ban instead of 3.
I see that Huddlestone tonight went straight through a player taking both legs & he only got a yellow. Double standards.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nick Bateman

Quote from: grandad on September 15, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
What a pointless post. He woujld have gone with even a yellow so what difference did it make.  Anyhow we were already 1 down and overrun with 11 players.

I see that Huddlestone tonight went straight through a player taking both legs & he only got a yellow. Double standards.

Exactly Grandad!  And I feel the point has been lost - the sending off was the tip of the iceberg to a calamitous refereeing performance by a Premier League official.  Jones was ANTI-FULHAM and while one expects many of the 'black shirts' to gang up on us, Jones went further than what I feel is acceptable bias.

Andy S

There have always been double standards with referees. I don't think we come off any worse than any other club though. Under Roy Hodgson we had an almost exemplary record and won the fair play league. Managers should do the research about referees like they do for opponents. Then it is down to the players to keep their heads.

Dixie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 15, 2014, 10:11:09 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 15, 2014, 10:00:29 PM

Exactly Grandad!  And I feel the point has been lost - the sending off was the tip of the iceberg to a calamitous refereeing performance by a Premier League official.  Jones was ANTI-FULHAM and while one expects many of the 'black shirts' to gang up on us, Jones went further than what I feel is acceptable bias.

any level of bias is unacceptable from a referee!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!