watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Building a team around parker.

Started by grenadier white, September 15, 2014, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grenadier white

Scott Parker is a genuine player and all round nice guy. But if magath thinks building a team around him is the way forward, I find it very hard to compete  with. He is by far out classed and paced by our own team let alone the rest of the league!!!

Ross McCormack stated in the first home programme that if we play him as an out and out striker he will score goals. Am I the only one thinking we should build around him?? Matt smith was a clear sign of that. Am I right?? I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

I have started this topic on the basis that our absent land lord wont do anything... :49: :49: :49: :49: :49:
Results may not go our way, we may be relegated. But come or shine ill still be there...and so will the rest of the faithful.....that and ill get another Fulham tattoo to add to my many others. COYW!!!

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

The fact that we ever signed Parker, let alone try to build a team around him boggles the mind.

fulhamben

I agree with Parker thing, been saying he should be dropped ever since he came. As for McCormack, he looks very average to me. And I want to see Hugo and wood row given ago up top as I can't really see what Ross brings to the table. Said the other day we have better left mids than him and he doesn't look like scoring so why keep persisting. Felixstowe seems to drop everyone that has a half decent game but persists with players that have done nothing.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wingnut

Quote from: fulhamben on September 15, 2014, 07:41:18 PM
As for McCormack, he looks very average to me.

Looking at his scoring record, he seems to blow hot and cold. He had a good season last year and a poor one prior to that. He looked disinterested for large parts of the game on Saturday.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

itombomb

All through the coverage of the Man U game yesterday, they were talking about the need for pace, and the fact that the lack of it - not just of players, but movement and speed of the ball - was why Man U fell back under Moyes.

As much of a contributing factor as anything to our relegation was the fact we had two central midfielders who were triers, but slowed everything down to a halt.

Having Parker as your fulcrum, does just that. You aren't moving the ball and unsettling defenders, you aren't able to launch counterattacks etc.

hovewhite

We could always play ruiz in front or off the striker in place of nosy,shoot me now everyone!

Berserker

I don't think Parker is a very good captain
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

hovewhite

Always happy with his attitude and desire,just wrong side of 30 odd.

grenadier white

Quote from: Berserker on September 15, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Who would you put as captain??? My shgout would be Hoogland.
Results may not go our way, we may be relegated. But come or shine ill still be there...and so will the rest of the faithful.....that and ill get another Fulham tattoo to add to my many others. COYW!!!

fulhamben

Quote from: grenadier white on September 16, 2014, 10:57:04 AM

burn then the hoog for me

Nightwind15

Parker was never favored in the past. Many of the posts here complain of his lack of quality.  Now we have sunk to the low of building a team around him?  As bad as I hate to say it, the hand writing seems to be on the wall. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2014, 10:58:36 AM
Quote from: grenadier white on September 16, 2014, 10:57:04 AM

burn then the hoog for me

I think Hoogland is a better choice. Seems a bit more firey and emotional, in a good way.

Burn is young and learning. I'd give him defensive organizational duties. He's been vocal ont he field and seems to want to do it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

supersimmo123

Disagree with the McCormack comments. If you watched him in games you would see his movement and runs are very intellegent, we just dont have anyone who can pass the ball to him. He drags defenders out of position constantly but having no-one to move into the space is another issue. So many things that a so called 'professional' football manager misses.

fulhamben

Quote from: supersimmo123 on September 16, 2014, 03:25:45 PM
Disagree with the McCormack comments. If you watched him in games you would see his movement and runs are very intellegent, we just dont have anyone who can pass the ball to him. He drags defenders out of position constantly but having no-one to move into the space is another issue. So many things that a so called 'professional' football manager misses.
so he is not a good fit for us then