watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the other hand

Started by HatterDon, September 16, 2014, 04:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

I respect Kit Symons, but he has zero experience managing a professional team of men in an adult league.  He might be able to make the transition from youth manager.  But what if he fails?  I'd rather take my chances with a proven winner with Championship league (or higher) pedigree. 

NogoodBoyo

Full marks to Big Don for making his case and for making it well.  It's not wrong, it's not right.  It's an opinion. For once, I seem to be siding with the man on the Clapham Omnibus in having the opinion that Big D is wrong. 
Time for the cancer to spread is the last thing to give in my view when the cancer is practically terminal.  Magath was a rotten egg from the outset.  Best to recognise that, cut our losses and give a new manager the chance to get some shape and discipline to the current squad. The more time the manager has across the autumn to do his SWOT analysis, the better decisions he can make with Kahn in the January window and next summer.
Also, I firmly believe relegation is a distinct possibility if change is not embraced soon.
But this still doesn't deal with the other major problem in the club - namely turmoil in the boardroom and at executive level.  To me, Macintosh is and has been at the heart of our woes since Hughes's departure.  Kahn has to concentrate first on rectifying the catastrophe in that area by removing Macintosh immediately.  He needs better advice and guidance form a man or woman above the Magaths, Meulensteens and Jols of this world.
Either that, or Kahn has to move over to London to sort this mess out himself.  After all, it's his train set.
Nogood "rot at the top , isit" Boyo

nose

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 16, 2014, 05:18:58 PM
I respect Kit Symons, but he has zero experience managing a professional team of men in an adult league.  He might be able to make the transition from youth manager.  But what if he fails?  I'd rather take my chances with a proven winner with Championship league (or higher) pedigree. 

we have taken our chances with such a man and unfortunately it is killing us. i like the idea of somebody young and ambitious and who knows his way round, and Kit could be that. As caretaker we would get to see what he could really do and at that level we have got rid of the hiopeless, it can't be worse than it is, and can look for a new man whoever that might turn out to be.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 16, 2014, 06:07:30 PM
:
But this still doesn't deal with the other major problem in the club - namely turmoil in the boardroom and at executive level.  To me, Macintosh is and has been at the heart of our woes since Hughes's departure.  Kahn has to concentrate first on rectifying the catastrophe in that area by removing Macintosh immediately.  He needs better advice and guidance form a man or woman above the Magaths, Meulensteens and Jols of this world.
Either that, or Kahn has to move over to London to sort this mess out himself.  After all, it's his train set.
Nogood "rot at the top , isit" Boyo

There is no turmoil, or rather none as you describe. Do you have any evidence that Mackintosh had anything to do with Hughes' departure or the choice of Jol? That was in the Al-Fayed era and the thought that Al-Fayed would delegate the choice of the next manager is not credible.

The mistakes have all happened in the transition or in Khan's era. Firstly Khan stripped the Board and appointed only Lamming from the Jacksonville Jaguars (and look how well led they are!) so they was little continuity. He also, according to Al-Fayed, hasn't asked Al-Fayed for advice which would have been obvious and sensible. And he hasn't appointed anyone or to seem to have the ear of anyone who knows about football leadership at a high level.

The claim that the delay in sacking Jol, the temporary appointment of Meulensteen, the signing of Mitroglou, the appointment of Magath and the delay in sacking Magath has been the responsibility of Mackintosh is just speculation. It also seems less likely than that Khan, as owner, hires and fires managers. It also doesn't chime with the impression one poster received from actually speaking to Mackintosh.

Wouldn't it be almost a certainty that if Mackintosh was responsible for all these failures that he would have been sacked by now? If you were the owner wouldn't you have sacked him? I would.

Isn't it more likely that Mackintosh hasn't been sacked because these were Khan's decisions?

I think we now realise that Al-Fayed is one of the few Chairmen who had a decent idea of how to run a football club and a vision. Khan is new to all this and we must make allowances but he needs to get a grip for his own sake because he is squandering his investment at the moment.

HatterDon

Once again, I thank everyone for responding to my post with thoughtful discussion and criticism.

We're at the point now, however, where this is turning into yet another -- of 1831 total -- "Felix Out" thread. since there are 1830 others to choose from, I'm locking this one.

and thanks again all.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel