Main Menu

Would murphy be a gamble?

Started by Max Headroom, September 16, 2014, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on September 16, 2014, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 16, 2014, 02:29:33 PM
Murphy would be a huge gamble.

If he wants to be a manager in the game, as continues to cheekily hint at, then he should get off the pundits chair and go get himself an assistant's job or a job in League 1. You've got enough money to live quite well Danny. Put your coin in the slot and pull the lever.

Murph to Fulham would be a huge mistake for the club IMO.
just not the modern footballers way of doing things is it. It should be but most want a top two div job first.

He would be a gamble..... As is any manager you employ.  Vast majority are all failures in their own ways.

100% true. They are all gambles for a club like ours......and they are gambling on us as well which is something we as supporters should not forget. None of our failed, or successful, managers has come into our club knowing that his methods would translate well for our players. As such, each party has to weigh what the other brings to the table, try and minimize the likelihood of failure, and take their chance.

For me, Danny doesn't bring much to the table and that makes the gamble too big for Fulham IMO. The risk would be all Fulham's which is too much to ask.

I have nothing but respect for Murph and what he did for our club. His "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" approach to letting it be known he wants a management position does him no favors in my book, however.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

Well we would all have our favourites. Already been said that everybody is a gamble. Whoever is the new manager will not be everybody's choice but we will get behind them. Except Pulis who I think would be a poor choice on so many levels.

As for Murphy. Likes the club, knows what is going on, would be as good a choice as any.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2014, 03:21:35 PM
Well we would all have our favourites. Already been said that everybody is a gamble. Whoever is the new manager will not be everybody's choice but we will get behind them. Except Pulis who I think would be a poor choice on so many levels.

As for Murphy. Likes the club, knows what is going on, would be as good a choice as any.

I don't believe that first highlighted sentence would be true at the start for a large portion of supporters where Pulis is concerned. If results didn't come quickly, he'd be under a ton of pressure early. There are better options, I hope.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Pulis would split the fans and club more than it is now. We need to unite behind the new man... For me it has to be someone with Fulham connections.
The only other manager who I think the fans as a whole would be neutral about is Hughton.

Pie and mash

I'd love to see us get Eddie Howe, young manager who plays good stuff and has Bournemouth overachieving.

Twig

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 16, 2014, 11:11:03 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 16, 2014, 10:17:44 AM
Murphy is a gamble as he lacks any managerial experience, and  would he take it anyway? Your first  job as manager taking over Fulham at the moment.........!!!

Anyone is  gamble, of course, but we need to try and lessen the chance aspect as much as possible.

I don't think there's much room for sentiment-it can adversely affect your thinking. We'd all like a past player for emotional reasons, and Symons is in situ at the moment, and there should certainly be a role for him.

Personally, I think Pulis would be a good shout, if you put aside past animosity-which I know many can't do.

I think many in the game respect him, and he isn't the bad lot people think, and can adapt his basically defensive, hard working style of play to suit the players he has available.

Well - many vehemently don't want him, and he probably wouldn't come either------but I would like to see a manager like him -a British manager -a meat and potatoes Roy or Pulis type, who put the immediate emphasis on defence.

However, Felix is still our manager- and  in some ways we have done well under him, with a completely new team with young players from the youth squad - we have played some good football, not got results that we arguably deserved, and now confidence is frighteningly evaporating.

Everything seems to be going against Felix, with so many stories in the media, but a couple of good results could turn things round - and I believe we are capable of it- with a few breaks.

But I don't know how people would feel about that - if it meant Felix continuing.

And obviously things can't continue the way they are at the moment.

Sorry but am I living in some sort of parallel universe?,   "in some ways we have done quite well under him"?,  with all due respect I must`ve missed that.
With the exception of the first half against Cardiff, we`ve been bloody abysmal, had Reading fans taking the piss in the pub on saturday. Massive turnover of players which is his way, so the fact we needed a clear out was irrevelant. Kids would`ve figured under any manager, and most  coaches wouldn`t start games in one of the most competitive leagues in Europe with half an academy side, as he did when he practically wrote off the first four games.
Wasn`t anti Magath, kept hoping things would change, but people need to wake  up,  it aint happening. Too many rumours from respected people behind the scenes about the way he goes about his job, no smoke without fire.
I`ve been watching Fulham for 37 years, been to Torquay when we were bottom of the league, lived through mergers, flats on the Cottage etc and I can hand on heart say I`ve never felt more despondent about our club. I see QPR in the top flight, I have Brentford mates piping up as they`re looking down on us and I feel sick to my stomach.

I too was mystified by the "in some ways we have done well under him",  I am also surprised to hear that Pulis is respected by man y in the game - really?

Woodlawn

Murphy would be great, he has he's badges and he cares for Fulham,Maybe with Kit by his side anything has got to be better than the TOP HAT we have now

NogoodBoyo

Far too big a gamble.  No coaching experience.  No track record.  Neither does he have much knowledge of the club as it stands now nor of the current players.  Go for experience.
Nogood "can't beat it, isit" Boyo

JDH101

Quote from: Woodlawn on September 16, 2014, 06:02:02 PM
Murphy would be great, he has he's badges and he cares for Fulham,Maybe with Kit by his side anything has got to be better than the TOP HAT we have now

I agree. And I hate the argument that he has no experience. Pep Guardiola had no experience at one point. Same with Fergie. Anyone you hire is a gamble, no matter how much experience they come with. But, no matter who we hire, they have to be an improvement on FM. Although I said that about Jol too...