News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst officiating I have seen in recent years.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 17, 2014, 10:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Our defensive frailties, occasionally every bit as chaotic as the line up suggested it might be, allows us little or no valid excuses by way of outside influences.

Having said that, the referee was frighteningly incompetent. Again we are at least partly to blame. The general standard of refereeing in the Premier League these days is so consistently poor that I have stopped remarking on it. It should come as no surprise that the refereeing at a lower level is even worse.
We got the worse end of the stick with this guy, but Forest also suffered from his ineptitude.

akf

Quote from: JoeyFFC on September 18, 2014, 07:14:35 AM
Can someone please care to explain to me what that drop ball to the keeper was all about? Because all I seen was deliberate time wasting

I'm still scratching my head about that. I'm sure he was looking for a reason to give Hugo a yellow, but the 4th official convinced him that there was no rule about approaching the keeper to make him pick the ball up.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2014, 08:29:01 AM
The Manager was not in attendance, what you saw in the Dugout was a Cardboard Cut Out, it could not have been anything else, just sitting there with arms folded,did move for the full 90 mins plus added, I thought at first he was in a coma, but it was confirmed to me that it was a Cardboard Cut out, contrast that to Stuart Pearce who was in the Technical Area encouraging, barking out orders and advice, and fully involved

I understand what you are saying here, but managerial styles vary a great deal, some like to scream and shout Pulis for example, but Ferguson was hardly ever seen in the tech area, I remember Manure at Fulham a while back and I don't think he left his seat, his coaches done it for him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: JoeyFFC on September 18, 2014, 07:14:35 AM
Can someone please care to explain to me what that drop ball to the keeper was all about? Because all I seen was deliberate time wasting

I was listeningto 5 LX which was piggybacking the Radio Nottingham commentary, and even they said the ref was appalling. The drop ball incident they said help Forest take the heat out of the game.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

HatterDon

Quote from: RaySmith on September 18, 2014, 07:43:25 AM
You could definitely argue that the ref cost us the match -not only the "penalty" , but booking Fulham players almost every time they made a tackle -which I think made us wary of tackling in the closing stages for  fear of a red card and made it  much easier for Forest to cut through us and score.

I'm angry, and gutted.

I really feel for Felix and the lads, after what was generally a very good display, which showed real guts and determination.

Were the players playing for the manager? seemed like it -shame that in the end we blew it.

There's a valid bit of analysis -- especially so when we played with 10 men in the previous match. I never blame the ref, but it was ridiculous for us to be 2-0 down in the first place, and if we weren't given a  063.gif for every challenge in the 2nd, I think we could have held on for the points.

Hmmmm, that actually sounds like blaming the ref.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel