News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst officiating I have seen in recent years.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 17, 2014, 10:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

No excuse for Magath, he needs to go effective immediately. I'd rather have Gentleman Jim at the helm. No excuse for the players who can't hold on to a lead. No excuses at all.

Regardless, this referee needs to have his license removed and banned from ever officiating again. Is this a knee jerk reaction? Yes, probably, but the calls he made make him out as a criminal who is accepting money under the table to deliberately screw us. That was horrendous refereeing.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

nose

i played tonight so haven't seen the game but coming home the guys on london radio were saying exactly the same.

ChesterTheTabby

He needs to be investigated for insanity or criminality, we were robbed constantly by him throughout the game. If anything about tonight was truly disgraceful, it was this imposter of an official.

Bill2

Quote from: maoconnor on September 17, 2014, 10:37:32 PM
He needs to be investigated for insanity or criminality, we were robbed constantly by him throughout the game. If anything about tonight was truly disgraceful, it was this imposter of an official.
Never a penalty.

FortCollinsFulham

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Khan You Dig It

Not only was that not a penalty, but it seemed like every foul we committed was a yellow card.

SP

Shame the refs aren't allowed to talk to the press after a game these days.  Whilst it wouldn't change anything, hearing the officials version of events would be welcomed.  Accepting on TV we may see things very differently to the ref via replays & in slow motion.

grandad

An absolute disgrace as well as his assistants. We were warned about him on Cottage Talk Blog Radio yesterday in their pre view programme.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bedford White

We can expect more than our fair share of dodgy decisions from refs this year. We the "big time London club" who need pulling down a peg or two. It might not even be that obvious, but you do get the feeling the Fulham are on the receiving end of some fairly harsh decisions when our given opponents appear to be dealt with more leniently. Should be thankful it wasn't a straight red I suppose.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Bedford White on September 17, 2014, 11:01:55 PM
We can expect more than our fair share of dodgy decisions from refs this year. We the "big time London club" who need pulling down a peg or two. It might not even be that obvious, but you do get the feeling the Fulham are on the receiving end of some fairly harsh decisions when our given opponents appear to be dealt with more leniently. Should be thankful it wasn't a straight red I suppose.

I respect and appreciate your opinion, brother, but I just can't agree with the idea that we were lucky it wasn't a red. We had 9  fouls and 6 cards...a penalty that was never in any world a penalty, a penalty of our own that was blatant and not given, and this referee just had it out for us. Disgusting.

ron

Quote from: maoconnor on September 17, 2014, 11:07:03 PM

I respect and appreciate your opinion, brother, but I just can't agree with the idea that we were lucky it wasn't a red. We had 9  fouls and 6 cards...a penalty that was never in any world a penalty, a penalty of our own that was blatant and not given, and this referee just had it out for us. Disgusting.

The old boxing adage; "The first sign they are beaten is when they start complaining to the referee" comes into play here. It's possible that both sides can feel hard done by in the same contest, but the side that just gets on with it will generally turn out to be the winner. 

akf

There was also a clear handling of the ball late in the second half on the wing that almost led to a goal.  Had that gone in....well, we lost anyway.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

We can expect more than our fair share of dodgy decisions from refs this year. We the "big time London club" who need pulling down a peg or two. It might not even be that obvious, but you do get the feeling the Fulham are on the receiving end of some fairly harsh decisions when our given opponents appear to be dealt with more leniently. Should be thankful it wasn't a straight red I suppose. [/i]

That's really the point, if he perceived it as a dangerous tackle, which really is all he could have given the penalty for, then it should have been a red card, but all it was was a sliding tackle and he so clearly got the ball that the decision should have been a throw-in to Forest
+ someone should tell him what that white line means on a green background

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

JDH101

Are you talking about the ref or our manager?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: JDH101 on September 18, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

Are you talking about the ref or our manager?

Both haha good point.

HatterDon

We should be used to poor officiating. To believe folks on here, every Premier League match we played over the last few seasons was officiated by the worst ref in the Prem.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Horse

Quote from: ron on September 17, 2014, 11:13:41 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on September 17, 2014, 11:07:03 PM

I respect and appreciate your opinion, brother, but I just can't agree with the idea that we were lucky it wasn't a red. We had 9  fouls and 6 cards...a penalty that was never in any world a penalty, a penalty of our own that was blatant and not given, and this referee just had it out for us. Disgusting.

The old boxing adage; "The first sign they are beaten is when they start complaining to the referee" comes into play here. It's possible that both sides can feel hard done by in the same contest, but the side that just gets on with it will generally turn out to be the winner. 

Ah yes boxing, another sport never tainted by match fixing.

Pev

Can someone please care to explain to me what that drop ball to the keeper was all about? Because all I seen was deliberate time wasting
@Fulham_Boy

RaySmith

You could definitely argue that the ref cost us the match -not only the "penalty" , but booking Fulham players almost every time they made a tackle -which I think made us wary of tackling in the closing stages for  fear of a red card and made it  much easier for Forest to cut through us and score.

I'm angry, and gutted.

I really feel for Felix and the lads, after what was generally a very good display, which showed real guts and determination.

Were the players playing for the manager? seemed like it -shame that in the end we blew it.

westcliff white

having seen the goals and incidents on Sky Sports i thought it was not a pen and the guy in Sky said the same, but I also didnt think it was a freekick for Ross's first goal again they said similar on sky. Both were soft / wrong decisiosn
Every day is a Fulham day