Forest Penalty

Started by Ordar, September 18, 2014, 03:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 19, 2014, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 19, 2014, 04:25:26 PM
Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 19, 2014, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 19, 2014, 03:45:00 PM
Credit to you for sticking up for your genuinely held views, even if they are wrongly placed.  You seem to be basing your premise on referees being honest individuals, which in my experience I see them the exact opposite.

It is acceptable to see an official make an honest mistake, but when one suspects they are deliberately favouring a team that is unacceptable and Deadman giving the worst penalty decision in years and booking SIX Fulham players showed a blatant pattern of bias.

And as I pointed out, he will not be reprimanded because that is why they continue to have such awful performances, week in, week out!
Having spoken to some of my colleagues at our Society meeting last night, (a couple of them high up the system) we know who the assessor was for the Forest game. He doesn't take bad calls lightly. Chances are, and I'm not saying this is certain, he won't be doing a Championship game this weekend.

The bias ones are weeded out. Very quickly.

And my views aren't wrongly placed, I'm sticking up for refs on the whole, not specifically Darren's game on Weds. And referees are honest individuals. Besides, didn't you say you refereed before? Surely that makes you a bent crook like the rest of us
The average ref one sees at Hackney Marsh on a Sunday morning, is a decent and honest chap - I was referring to the so-called 'elites' who ruin football at the highest level in the Premier League and receive little redress from Mike Riley (who was a rotten ref in his time).  Deadman appears to be yet another one of those positioning himself for a promotion by getting the attention of the PL by giving shockingly BAD decisions.
I will agree with you about Mike Riley. Never hit his full potential. But these days, appointments, promotions, bol***kings etc. are covered by PGMOL and their director, everyone's favourite Howard Webb. Although it may not seem it 80% of the time, Webb has a head screwed on his shoulders, and if he sees someone like Darren Deadman, or any other official, as not being the right person for the job, someone else will get it.

May I suggest that some of you give Mark Halsey's book a read. You may not have liked him as a ref, but the book gives an insight into our world
This would ne the same Mark Halsey who did a Fulham v Arsenal game some years ago and if memory serves me well disallowed a perfectly good Fulham goal by Collins John gave a free kick to Arsenal when Ashley Cole chopped down Andy Cole in the penalty box aided by the linesman who was completely unsighted to make any decision. Am I bitter and twisted and the answer for this game is yes, what is the answer - video replays for important decisions such as these.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Bill2 on September 20, 2014, 11:19:03 AM
Credit to you for sticking up for your genuinely held views, even if they are wrongly placed.  You seem to be basing your premise on referees being honest individuals, which in my experience I see them the exact opposite.

It is acceptable to see an official make an honest mistake, but when one suspects they are deliberately favouring a team that is unacceptable and Deadman giving the worst penalty decision in years and booking SIX Fulham players showed a blatant pattern of bias.

And as I pointed out, he will not be reprimanded because that is why they continue to have such awful performances, week in, week out!
Having spoken to some of my colleagues at our Society meeting last night, (a couple of them high up the system) we know who the assessor was for the Forest game. He doesn't take bad calls lightly. Chances are, and I'm not saying this is certain, he won't be doing a Championship game this weekend.

And my views aren't wrongly placed, I'm sticking up for refs on the whole, not specifically Darren's game on Weds. And referees are honest individuals. Besides, didn't you say you refereed before? Surely that makes you a bent crook like the rest of us
The average ref one sees at Hackney Marsh on a Sunday morning, is a decent and honest chap - I was referring to the so-called 'elites' who ruin football at the highest level in the Premier League and receive little redress from Mike Riley (who was a rotten ref in his time).  Deadman appears to be yet another one of those positioning himself for a promotion by getting the attention of the PL by giving shockingly BAD decisions.
I will agree with you about Mike Riley. Never hit his full potential. But these days, appointments, promotions, bol***kings etc. are covered by PGMOL and their director, everyone's favourite Howard Webb. Although it may not seem it 80% of the time, Webb has a head screwed on his shoulders, and if he sees someone like Darren Deadman, or any other official, as not being the right person for the job, someone else will get it.

May I suggest that some of you give Mark Halsey's book a read. You may not have liked him as a ref, but the book gives an insight into our world
This would ne the same Mark Halsey who did a Fulham v Arsenal game some years ago and if memory serves me well disallowed a perfectly good Fulham goal by Collins John gave a free kick to Arsenal when Ashley Cole chopped down Andy Cole in the penalty box aided by the linesman who was completely unsighted to make any decision. Am I bitter and twisted and the answer for this game is yes, what is the answer - video replays for important decisions such as these.
And then very publicly said he was wrong
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Andy S

I think you are totally wrong in saying Referees cheat. It is almost impossible. They make mistakes sometimes but cheat? No. If referees did cheat and on a regular basis they would soon find their careers ended. They are watched so closely by their governing body, the fans, the managers and players would never let it happen. We have to have faith in the referees or the game is not worth watching. Referees make honest mistakes and that is it. They cannot come out next time and even it up. Sorry but accusations like that are well over the top

GloucesterWhite

Let's not forget that the Forest match was the last nail in Magath's coffin, so if the ref had a bad one and contributed to our defeat and hence Magath's dismissal I for one am pleased as Punch. But it wasn't a penalty!

Bill2

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 20, 2014, 12:03:47 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on September 20, 2014, 11:19:03 AM

And then very publicly said he was wrong
Big deal but we still lost, two big decisions two big mistakes. I don't want him to apologise I want him to get things right.