watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - EURO 2020 - FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, September 19, 2014, 12:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Wembley has been announced as the host for the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020

Other host cities are:

Quarter-finals and Group stage: Munich, Baku, Saint Petersburg, Rome
Round of 16 and Group Stage: Copenhagen, Bucharest, Amsterdam, Dublin, Bilbao, Budapest, Brussels, Glasgow
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

yes which will scupper chances of actually hosting the euros any time soon
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 12:32:27 PM

i think the point was that the format is changing so that more countries are involved during the final stages, which personally i think is a good idea... so i don't believe the format of euros as we currently know them will exist any more.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on September 19, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

i think the point was that the format is changing so that more countries are involved during the final stages, which personally i think is a good idea... so i don't believe the format of euros as we currently know them will exist any more.
this will be a one off format which will flop. its a terrible idea to spread it other all these countries. clearly they dont have the fans in mind

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 12:39:07 PM

this will be a one off format which will flop. its a terrible idea to spread it other all these countries. clearly they dont have the fans in mind
I think it was more so people could see a major tournament without having to travel as far. Plus, financially, it makes more sense. Countries aren't having to shell out as much, and the ones with less to splash (like Ireland) can make a killing in ticket sales
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

shnlwswlkr

I can't get excited about hosting a final. So what? I want the whole tournament here.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Artful Dodger

Let's hope we get as far as the semi finals then! Overall though, I am not in favour of this spreading it around - logistically for the fans it could be a nightmare. Potentially, there could be a last 16 game in Bilbao,  a q/f in  Baku and then a s/f back in London - and you would have 3 days between games to organise it!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

fulhamben

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 19, 2014, 12:47:58 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 12:39:07 PM

I think it was more so people could see a major tournament without having to travel as far. Plus, financially, it makes more sense. Countries aren't having to shell out as much, and the ones with less to splash (like Ireland) can make a killing in ticket sales
but true fans will want to wach there own team which will probably mean 3 different countries and thousands of miles just to watch group games

Burt

It's not a permanent change in format. This was Platini's idea to celebrate 60 years of UEFA. So the next tournament after will only be hosted by the single country (Germany, probably).

fulhamben

dyke just said we wont bid for 24. and if a team qualifies whos stadium was picked they will have 2 home games in the group games. wow just wow. cant believe any england fan would want a semi and a final over hosting the whole tourne.

westcliff white

so if we qulaify we have no group games in England, that is just fantastic
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on September 19, 2014, 01:37:53 PM
or the chance to bid for 24

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 01:42:38 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 19, 2014, 01:37:53 PM
or the chance to bid for 24
DYke has been on form of late, no non eu players for anyone but the golden boys and oh yeah we dont need to see england in a bog tournament.
Every day is a Fulham day

Tony.Lee

As quoted from my comment on a facebook group which announced it:

"Tickets will cost more than a ******* Mini Cooper"
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

Burt

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 01:15:45 PM
dyke just said we wont bid for 24. and if a team qualifies whos stadium was picked they will have 2 home games in the group games. wow just wow. cant believe any england fan would want a semi and a final over hosting the whole tourne.

Germany will host...

The quid pro quo for Germany dropping their support for using the Allianz arena for the 2020 semis and finals was England dropping their opposition for Germany hosting the event in 2024.

Allegedly, you understand...  :dft011: