News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bring back Brede. Our club captain ASAP!

Started by Michael Baron, September 19, 2014, 09:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Oh God, please no. He was useless last season and most of the season before. He was a brilliant player for us but those days are gone now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

copthornemike

Quote from: HatterDon on September 19, 2014, 08:08:21 PM
Oh God, please no. He was useless last season and most of the season before. He was a brilliant player for us but those days are gone now.
Two things I hope we can all agree on is:
1) the way Brede was pushed out of the club was a disgraceful way to treat a dignified, brave and terrific, nay great, servant to the club.
2) three + seasons ago he could well be viewed as one of the club's best ever and most influential players at the time when the H+H Thames Barrier was a thing of pride.
The sight of Brede marshalling a truly great backs to the wall peformance in Donetsk goes down in my book as one of the greatest performaces by a player wearing a Fulham shirt.
However time and injury eventually affects even the greats and I am afraid that is how Brede has to be viewed today.
I hope one day the club will be man enough and big enough to welcome Brede back as a valued guest - just not as a player I regret to say.

epsomraver

Burt

Quote from: TerryR on September 19, 2014, 10:37:19 AM
Quote from: cmg on September 19, 2014, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on September 19, 2014, 09:57:15 AM
Brede was a great pro, but not nearly vocal enough for a captain and his better playing days are very firmly behind him judging by his performances in the last couple of seasons. 

Perfectly put. He was done last year and shows no sign of any recovery this year.

Just because we have got shot of Magath (Brede was playing poorly before anyone had even thought of Felix Magath) doen't mean we have to press the 'Restore Default' button.

If we were to require a new captain then Ross McCormack would be your man.
Agree 100%

Me too. Never was convinced that he was captain material, and (sadly) he has been in decline. Time to move on....

Aaron

Quote from: Snibbo on September 19, 2014, 09:19:25 AM
Time to move on. He was never an inspirational captain, and he's a shadow of the player he used to be.

Exactly this.

Hangeland was a Fulham legend, let's remember him that way.  His least season in white was a season too far let alone coming back to the fold now.

Only a matter of months ago we were all too aware that the squad we had at our disposal was far too old and needed rebuilt.  Just because the rebuild hasn't worked as planned due to Magath's fathanded and baffling approach to management doesn't mean we need to go back to a squad of hasbeens.