watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Concern for Roy

Started by WhiteJC, February 01, 2010, 08:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

How frustrated must Roy be with (so far) no players arrived this window.
I know he said, at the start of the window, that we didn't need anyone but surly that was just 'window dressing' we all know how thin our squad is.

My concern is that if the issue is lack of money, how long will Roy stay. Roy will be the who is blamed if we start sliding back into a relegation battle, not the board for failing to stump up the cash!

I really believed that with European football and the style of football we play, we would have attracted some more talent, perhaps I was being naive after all we're only little 'ol Fulham.

I think we all respect Roy for his 'gentlemanly' behaviour, I can't imagine him bemoaning the lack of funds, but should a club with money offer him a chance would he turn it down?

Most football managers jobs end in tears, I hope this one wont

The Doctor

I don't think we should start panicking about this just yet.  January's a notoriously poor time to make signings.  We are unfortunate that most of our injuries have happened now, probably when we had planned very little activity.

The acid test will be the summer (post World Cup).  There's usually more time to put things in place, we'll have had a chance to consider how to spend the Smalling fee and maybe make tentative enquires.  Plus Roy can now point to our present troubles as an example of how thin the squad is.

TonyGilroy

Keeping a tight financial policy is good for the club in the long run. Roy knows the type of club we are and what expectations are realistic.

If, and it is an if, he's been fully consulted on the financial realities and hasn't been let down by false promises, then I doubt he's upset.

He does have serious injury issues to address and it isn't proving easy but splashing cash we don't have on players we don't really want isn't going to help.

NorthernWhite

In reality, who has really signed anyone? Viera to City on loan, probably Victor Moses to Wigan? Outside of that, in reality they're all loan deals and even then, nothing has been done so far this window. For once, football has had to face up to reality and clubs are forced to live within their means.

That could all change though in the next 8 hours. There will probably one deal that sparks a chain reaction and it could be something like Pav to Birmingham.