watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the one good thing felix left us with

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 19, 2014, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

players are fit. although we lost almost all games I dont think we have run out of steam in last 15 minutes like last season. this is a small positive I am hanging onto from felix's legacy.

westcliff white

Are you sure slaphead? we have conceded 9 goals in the last 30 minutes of games and 6 of those in the last 13 minutes.

that tells me we re not playing a full 90 minutes
Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

I think our main issue that we've developed this season is conceding 2 goals in quick succession. Happened 3 times already to my count. Twice against Derby and once against Forest.

Plus the 5 foul throws we've also done is just rediculous

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: westcliff white on September 19, 2014, 12:15:10 PM
Are you sure slaphead? we have conceded 9 goals in the last 30 minutes of games and 6 of those in the last 13 minutes.

I dont think fatigue is playing a factor. I think by the time we get to end of games we are already beaten and our younger players heads are down and we let in another goal.

bill taylors apprentice

This is all irrelevant, the local pub team coach with a bit of a clue could get the team fit!

Also, any team that is losing week in week out will look unfit when the motivation dips and the mental drain effects the physical efforts.

RidgeRider

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 19, 2014, 12:40:10 PM
This is all irrelevant, the local pub team coach with a bit of a clue could get the team fit!

Also, any team that is losing week in week out will look unfit when the motivation dips and the mental drain effects the physical efforts.

Agree with this...our players are already plenty fit, there is no way they aren't if all the rumors about running everyday and after matches is to be believed. They have look fit in every match I've seen.

filham

Actually what he has left us with is a large number of young players with 1st team experience.
Kit may just be able to put this to good use.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Every Fulham team ought to be fit. Praising Magath for that is like praising him for turning up with a team to a fixture (which he nearly failed to do when arriving only 35 minutes before the Forest match).

The other side is that we haven't won or salvaged anything from any matches by being fitter than the opposition.

What was needed and what Magath blatently failed to do was organise us defensively and creatively.

Hazey

We certainly were never fit under Jol!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

The one good thing that Magath left us was his key to the Cottage which he had to hand back when he was told to sling his hook !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

westcliff white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 19, 2014, 12:18:23 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 19, 2014, 12:15:10 PM

I dont think fatigue is playing a factor. I think by the time we get to end of games we are already beaten and our younger players heads are down and we let in another goal.
for me it does, we are both mentally and physically tired at the end of the games and that's why we concede so many, it cost us at least a point on Wednesday
Every day is a Fulham day

BigbadBillyMcKinley

If he wanted to get them fit by pure graft, I think it's been counter productive and made them run out of steam mentally and physically by the end. I would like to think that Kit will know a happy medium.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

grandad

The players will relish having Sunday´s off again.
Where there's a will there's a wife