King Karagounis?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 19, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Now there is a idea yes please.

the nutflush

Quote from: Nero on September 19, 2014, 08:32:11 PM
Player/coach for u21s

I have often wondered whether he would make a good coach.  He certainly has years of football experience.  Not sure about his English skills but he definitely has the passion for the game to work in football post retirement.

crazycottager

I'd love him back, put him in with Hyndman and have Kara teach him a thing or two about being professional. and no, I don't mean diving and whining, I mean cool crisp passing, and composure, adding another dimension to his already phenomenal game

Pluto

He is a true leader and warrior and it'd be fantastic to have him back as player/coach. I also think he'd be very useful as a squad player - his passion on the field is undeniable. Plus he'd be a brilliant mentor for Hyndman who is a similar type of central midfielder.

Lighthouse

Are we really so bereft of ideas we want to bring back a player who cannot last 45 minutes any more and spend much of his time looking for an Oscar?

Come on people let's pretend to move on from bringing back OAPs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 19, 2014, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on September 19, 2014, 07:27:00 PM
Pay as you play would be a good idea. Before the transfer window I would have said no (too old, too slow, backwards step, ect).

But then we signed Fotheringham.

I wonder what will happen to guys like him, Tazlic, Chihi, etc who Magath signed and Kit may feel he doesn't need ?
The tougher side of management

Hmmm yes your probably right, there are bound to be players signed or favoured by Magath, who Kit will not fancy, so he will have to make a few tough decisions, but as we are in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun, tough decisions will have to be made.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham FC Fan

Folks, Giorgos Karagounis ran 13.6 KMs over 120 minutes in the recent World Cup game Greece vs Costa Rica. He would do very well for Fulham FC right now. Please sign him.   

TheManOnTheBus

As pointed out already, pay for play do exist and Diarra was on one last year (officially announced too: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/march/26/diarra-rejoins-fulham)

It doesn't though necessarily mean you get £0 if you don't play.  It could be a "basic" of say 5K per week (instead of whatever he'd have been on a couple of years ago) plus an additional 10K or whatever if he plays. 

I'd take him.  We are short of experience in CM (Fotheringham will disappear I'd guess) and he can compete with Parker and help the youngsters.

He captained a Greek team in the world cup finals only a couple of months ago (perhaps FM had got him fit!)

westcliff white

Michael Owen was on a pay as you okay at united
Every day is a Fulham day

zschwartz

wouldn't mind him back about now. respect the man a great deal, he has put in a tremendous career. I could see it going south pretty easily but 'payp' couldn't go too far wrong. i do not know where he was staying the last time around but hopefully not too much trouble to relocate.

Twig

Like most fans I had a lot of respect for Kara.  He seems to have kept his fitness levels, I would welcome him back.

Milo

Do it - DO IT NOW! - I completely agree. Karagounis brought a calm to our midfield that Murphy brought. Also, he ALWAYS wanted the ball - not a bad trait when heads are down in an inexperienced squad...

Nick the Swede

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Tonywa

Quote from: colinwhite on September 19, 2014, 06:54:33 PM
He's worth a hundred fotheringhams ,thats for sure !

And he'll probably cost a hundred Fotheringhams as well!

Tonywa

Perhaps we can get Alan Slough back and team them up in central midfield.

MasterHaynes

when you need to sub Parker after 70 mns he would be the experienced head we need. It would also mean there is absolutely no reason for Fotheringhams residency a 'experienced ' pro continuing.
Kara showed in the world cup he still has it and can play 120 minutes if needed. he is a great mentor to the younger players and always had time for them at Motspur.

Woodlawn

Bring him back straight away . he gee's everyone up both team mates and niggles opponents. Even for 20 min a game and he has scored for us which Fotheringham would not do as long as he had a hole in his a--

VicHalomsLovechild

To be fair most of the signings have been pretty good. There are a couple who haven't shown much yet so we'll see what they are like at some point. A fair chunk of the squad Kit will know very well and we shouldn't go back to the days of buying or loaning older players. Felix' s biggest mistake was the chopping and changing. We have enough talent we just need the players to have a game plan, to know what their responsibilies are and the knowledge that the manager trusts them.