watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players' Reaction to Hutchinson's Tackle

Started by res, September 21, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Obvious red when watching from the Hammersmith End, highlights in the Fulham web site confirm it. The highlights do show how upset Hutchinson was at what he had done.....but also how conciliatory the Blackburn players were to Hutchinson, a couple putting their arms round him to console him. Only mention it as some teams would have created World War 3 after such a tackle...so fair play to Blackburn for that.

dannyboi-ffc

I didnt realise that at the game but watching it back I noticed the same thing. Very surprising in modern football to see that, fair play to them
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FFChris

Think this was also down to the referee showing the red card (correctly) very quickly.  Once they realised he had been sent off they didn't need to protest so much but console!  Good to hear that the guy who was tackled didn't suffer a serious injury.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFChris on September 23, 2014, 10:28:57 AM
Think this was also down to the referee showing the red card (correctly) very quickly.  Once they realised he had been sent off they didn't need to protest so much but console!  Good to hear that the guy who was tackled didn't suffer a serious injury.

I agree, unfortunately these things happen in football sometimes. It wasnt deliberate or nasty, it was just a young man keen to impress and make amends. On the spare of the moment it probably couldnt be helped but im very pleased the blackburn lad wasnt seriously injured.

No matter if its qpr, chelsea or blackburn. Its very evil and a bit twisted to think otherwise.

It might be a blessing in disguise for us though as bodurov should be playing instead anyway.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

The Enclosurite

Just a shame their behaviour for the rest of the game wasn't so sporting.
¡COYW!

Lighthouse

Interesting how few Fulham players reacted to him. They almost seemed to ignore him. But he was clearly upset seemed frozen to the spot.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 23, 2014, 01:28:15 PM
Interesting how few Fulham players reacted to him. They almost seemed to ignore him. But he was clearly upset seemed frozen to the spot.
probably bewildered as to why bodurov didnt start.

HatterDon

Quote from: res on September 21, 2014, 08:09:52 PM
Obvious red when watching from the Hammersmith End, highlights in the Fulham web site confirm it. The highlights do show how upset Hutchinson was at what he had done.....but also how conciliatory the Blackburn players were to Hutchinson, a couple putting their arms round him to console him. Only mention it as some teams would have created World War 3 after such a tackle...so fair play to Blackburn for that.

I remember when Bullard was crocked at Newcastle. Scott Parker [I believe] crippled him after a similar tackle. While they were getting Bullard stretchered off, Cookie took Parker [I still believe] aside, put his arm around him to comfort him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on September 23, 2014, 03:25:34 PM

I remember when Bullard was crocked at Newcastle. Scott Parker [I believe] crippled him after a similar tackle. While they were getting Bullard stretchered off, Cookie took Parker [I still believe] aside, put his arm around him to comfort him.
Parkers tackle was nothing like Smiths or Hutchinsons Don, Parker came in from the side and fell on Bullards outstretched knee, pure accident and you could see by his face and how upset he was that there was no malice

Chesh

Quote from: HatterDon on September 23, 2014, 03:25:34 PM

Sorry HD, I felt it at the time, and recall it clearly now - there is no way that Parker 'crippled Bullard with a similar tackle' to Hutch's.

Hutch's was reckless and negligent (although didn't mean to hurt or even get Williamson, I'm sure), but if anything, Bullard was a bit over zealous himself to get in for the ball, and Parker was harshly assessed by a lot of Fulham tinted spectacles that day.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

HatterDon

I appreciate the corrections from both Chesh and epsomraver. The point I was TRYING to make was that -- like Blackburn's players on Saturday, Cookie took the time to comfort the opponent who had caused the damage.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

The keeper and centre back shook hands and had a bit of fist clenching but it fizzled out quickly and they both went to the injured player. As has been said the ref reacted quickly and got the first aiders on so there was a lot going on. Hutchinson was genuinely upset and stood like a statue until Burn had a chat with him and he moved toward the tunnel. There was a rippled applause for a moment but that died when Hutchinson put his arms out and shook his head.
The ref, despite later criticisms, handled the whole thing really well.